Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Spy Photo!

Old 07-24-2007, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spy Photo!

I'm going to tell my mommy that you know something I don't know. Sorry, couldn't resist.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

Great answer!
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:02 PM

everyone, trust me when i say, with the front windows rolled up you can't see the "B" piller!! this car looks VERY good!!!you all should be happy with the out come of this car. but when you see it for the first time, look at this car with an open mind and don't focus on the piller issue.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:50 PM

Personally, I'd just as soon have the B pillar to give the window more support. In fact, I'd prefer the window had a frame all the way around it, a la the aircraft-style doors on the Ford Thunderbirds of the 1983-1997 era.
When I still had my '70 Challenger, the front windows became looser as the years went by, mainly because of the suction effect created whenever you roll a window up or down while the car is in motion. Eventually, the hairpin-shaped brackets (which were the only things actually holding in the front side windows) broke and believe me, it was impossible to get new ones. Finding none in junk yards, I had three different machine shops try to make new ones for me, with little success. Texas Auto Glass made a fortune off me, as the driver's side window often came off its holder on my way to work and their shop happened to be right on the route. (They actually got so good at fixing it that they could pull the door panel off, remount the window on the holder as best they could and get the panel back on in five to seven minutes -- all for $22.50.)
Frankly, the B pillar issue is so unimportant that I'm shocked at the amount of time spent on it. The pillars we've seen spy shots of appear much narrower than the B pillars on my 2000 Mustang, and those certainly don't do anything to add to or detract from the appearance of the car.
Also, in all the years I had the Challenger, I don't think I EVER rolled down the back windows, except possibly when cleaning them. Only three or four times were there ever people in the back seat, and they might have rolled them down. After all, part of the reason for having a two-door car is to discourage people from wanting to be hauled around in the back seat.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:34 PM

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-31-2007, 01:04 PM

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/cha...spy-shots.html

What are those gutter strips on the roof? The concept doesn't have them; I like that smoth roof. Do you think they'll show up on the production car?

I'm way behind the eight ball on all this, but I read elsewhere that the body is not curving under (as it does on the concept). As far as I'm concerned, that's a big difference.
Got the b-pilar, those roof gutters, and now straight walls... man.
I sure hope they're not thinking of pricing this too high! It may not be worth any big money with those changes. They sort of gave it that present-day generic look.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:03 PM

ORIGINAL: WhiteHeat

ChallengerForums.com has a link to a spy photo!

Here's the link:

http://jalopnik.com/cars/challenger-...ger-273280.php

Hope I'm not breaking any rules of netiquette posting this here.

Heat
srt = http://jalopnik.com/cars/2008/spy-ph...ide-273457.php
Old 08-03-2007, 04:43 PM

By 'gutter strips' do you mean like those black rubber strips on roof of the Magnum?
Old 08-03-2007, 04:48 PM

ORIGINAL: freehemi

By 'gutter strips' do you mean like those black rubber strips on roof of the Magnum?
Yes...
Old 08-04-2007, 07:36 AM

If they have gutter strips mine is going to the body man for some smoothing. I cannot stand gutter strips...ughhh!

Quick Reply: Spy Photo!