Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Spy Photo!

Old 08-05-2007, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spy Photo!!

ORIGINAL: awsure

If they have gutter strips mine is going to the body man for some smoothing. I cannot stand gutter strips...ughhh!
I'm doing the same. B-pillar, gutter strips, flat door walls (diminishing its high thrust line)...I hope they don't take away the concept's pony car essence!!
Hate to be pessimistic, but I haven't seen a great pony car in over 30 years. And this concept is a great pony car.
I just pray they don't turn it into another generic car, with a few cosmetic resemblences of a pony car. Either it's a true pony muscle car, or it's not.
I can understand the b-pillar, but the gutter strips? And can't they keep as much curve under the doors as possible. And the interior, please keep the rib racing seats.
Who at Dodge can I talk to, if it's not too late???

Old 08-05-2007, 02:57 PM

Default RE: Spy Photo!!

I had a bad dream awhile back that some cheeseball executive just made a 2 door Charger and slapped the namebadge for Challenger on there. That would be the worst.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Spy Photo!

What happened to the mule sightings?

It seems that Dodge only put them on the highways for one day to been seen and photographed! Free publicity??
Old 08-08-2007, 06:56 PM

They're really keeping this car under wraps.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:56 AM

Sorry if this is a repost, just saw it today.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2009-...ger-spy-shots/

Im disapointed that its labled a 2009 Challenger.
Although it seems to have the LED 'bullets' around the high beam in the front (didnt think they would last to production).
Old 08-10-2007, 04:55 PM

ORIGINAL: 08plumcrazy

Sorry if this is a repost, just saw it today.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2009-...ger-spy-shots/

Im disapointed that its labled a 2009 Challenger.
Although it seems to have the LED 'bullets' around the high beam in the front (didnt think they would last to production).
Yeah, looks like they are brand new spy pics... modified grill... AND WHERE'S THE LONG TAIL LIGHT![&o]
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/08/10/s...ge-challenger/

Old 08-11-2007, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

Here is the UK's perspective and obervations on the new spy photos:

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/print.php?sid=944
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:49 PM

It's hard to tell how "flat" the side panels are. They definitely look rounder on the concept photos... but that might be illusion. The concept has very high gloss paint, whereas the spy photos are dull, flat paint. And the rocker panels are difficult to see in the spy shots.

The concept's rocker panels blend smoothly with the fender and quarter panel. I can only hope that feature makes it into production, but I highly doubt it. I think it would be cost prohibitive to make the quarter panel, rocker panel, and fender all from the same sheet.

The B pillar isn't a big issue to me.... so long as it is kept small, and painted black.

The roof gutters would be disappointing. Maybe there's a good reason to have them but is certainly isn't for appearance.

EDIT: roof gutters..... d'oh! answer similar to rocker panels. They have to attach the roof somehow, and the gutter strips is the easiest way to cover the seam
Old 08-13-2007, 10:53 PM

I am curious...at his point why cover it up? What are they hiding it from?
Old 08-14-2007, 05:47 AM

I kind of look at the cloak of secrecy as the same reason we wrap our christmas gifts. Yes i may think i know what i am getting for christmas but not unitl that wrapping comes off can i be sure.

Quick Reply: Spy Photo!