Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Spy Photo!

Old 09-13-2007, 01:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Spy Photo!

From a comparison that I saw between the concept car and one of the pre-production mules, it looks like the cross hairs in the grill have been removed. What do you guys think?

See:

http://www.allpar.com/forums/index.p...440&start=2440
Old 09-13-2007, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think your link is down..
Old 09-14-2007, 03:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try this link and scroll down to chazcron's post. (You may have to register for this site).

http://www.allpar.com/forums/index.p...440&start=2440
Old 09-27-2007, 03:34 PM

It would be a blessing if the new Chrysler ownership got rid of the "cross hairs" -- at least on the passenger cars. I think they're okay for the trucks. I've never liked this type of design consistency; look at Pontiac, the fronts of their cars all look the freakin' same!
Old 10-16-2007, 11:18 AM

Sorry if this has already been posted but the date on the article is from yesterday.

I didn't read through all the threads to see if this has already been posted so if it has, please disregard.

LINK------> New Challenger pics
Old 10-16-2007, 12:23 PM

I see a lip spoiler
Old 10-16-2007, 02:04 PM

I'm really happy with how it turned out if this is really the production version. The B Pillar is not too obtrusive, the taillight got productionized without ruining the look of the car, and overall it looks pretty much the same.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:26 AM

Wow, maybe this is one of the first three production cars???
Maybe a bit squat and a b-pillar, but they did a good job of keeping the muscle car shape. Looks like a stocky, tough beast.
Depending on price, of course, I'm buying for sure... one 5.7L manual R/T in B-5 blue, please!!!
Old 10-25-2007, 09:23 AM

Make that a 6.1L!
Old 11-15-2007, 03:52 PM

I tried to post on the forums at red letter dodge but for some reason it just wouldnt go thru.Anyway. I have been,as most of you here awaiting the arrival of the new Challenger.However now that it is getting ready for "crunch time" i figured i'd offer some helpful hints to Chrysler in some remote hope that they may actually stumble across this sight and read some of these posts..............mine included.Anyway here goes................

#1: Please keep Challenger true to the concept you have shown us.I kinda (as well as any muscle car fan)feel you dropped the ball a little with the Charger........A four door charger?..........EWWWWW!!!!!. This is the car people fell in love with so please keep it as is.

#2: Do yourselves AND some fans who might not be able to afford an RT or SRT-8 a favor and open up the paint palette to all trim levels.It sure would be a sin to lose a customer who wanted a lower trim package and couldnt get one of the retro colors.........you know which ones i mean......the plum crazy,panther pink,sublime and the like.It sure would hurt the model to lose potential buyers because they couldnt afford one of the higher end ones.............And it wouldnt make us current Dodge fans too happy either.

#3: I feel about 35,000 for an SRT8 would be a fair msrp with a drop top fetching about 38,000 but hey peoples opinions differ.If you are going to charge Corvette money then i'll just have to take my biz to the Chevy dealer down the street and get the real McCoy.Hate to say that but hey....................

#4:When Ford tried to bring back the T-Bird i just happened to look at one in the showroom and i gotta tell ya the 20,000 dollar markup just made me cop an attitude so when the salesman came and asked me if he should "wrap it up" for me i told him that he could take his car,his markup and his entire dealership and stick them all up his arse!!!!! I guess what im trying to say guys isont let the dealers turn this into some game only the millionaires can afford to play.I know there isnt much you can do about how they price their cars but you can nip it in the bud by sending a letter to all managers that gouging will not be tolerated and that if they get enough complaints you will not send them any Challengers to gouge about.Personally,as much as i like the Challenger i will not play that game and you WILL lose customers for it................guarunteed!!!!

#5:Offer a Base model with one of the hemis.Remember when you used to be able to check the "radio delete"box? I'll bet alot of guys who ordered their 70 Cudas with the 340 six pack all now wish they had checked that box next to the word "hemi"eh??? (wink wink..If we only knew right?). Some people like the preverbial wolf in sheeps clothing thing.........i mean why advertise right?Besides i personally don't mind rolling down the windows or adjusting my seat by hand.Also i can put a better stereo in than Dodge ever could and i know others feel the same.

#6:I have to agree with a number of posts here that say you need to lose the rams head hood badge.Thats great for the truck but for challenger how about just plain ole D-O-D-G-E like it used to be..............and how about Challenger written in script on the rear quarters like it used to be also.

#7on't make this a limited production run because then the average muscle car fan is once again left on the outside looking in,leaving it again, a game for only the millionaires to play, just so they can "add one to their collections". The average joe drives his........not just trailers it around from show to show and he doesnt have a climate controlled 50 car garage either, with his own personal full time mechanic to investigate every little oil leak on the shiny epoxy floor.

Well i think i've made the points i was trying to emphasize so i will sign off for now.Hope someone from D/C takes some time to read these but if not, hey i'll take mine in Plum Crazy with the 6.4,6

Quick Reply: Spy Photo!