Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Spy Photo!

Old 08-14-2007, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spy Photo!

I would agree with that assessment.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:23 AM

Hype is a good reason to keep it covered. Look how deep this post has gone on for, what is it six pages? And a lot of it comes at complaining over the B-piller. Some people are very eager to see if it's really there or not, even though we are pretty sure it is, but don't know for sure. Then you have the light in the back that people are talking about, does it go across all the way or not? Definitely not going to be made out of neon like the concept or one smack and the whole thing would be trashed. Plus, how expensive would it be to replace a light that goes all the way across the back, or even make it, since back in the 80s when the lights went all the way across they were very expensive to replace when they went out or were broke. But this isn't the 80s now is it, and now we have useable LED technology so could that be a possibility? Well, by the look under the camouflage it looks like regular tail lights from what I can tell.

How about the buttefly valves? Are they going to be there? If they are functional then wouldn't they have something to allow them to breath under the camouflage? Is there some kind of vents there and we just can't see them? What about the hood? Is it going to be carbon fiber? That would drive up the cost of it so I doubt they would do that, though carbon fiber may be the future just like fiberglass was. If it's not going to be carbon fiber, are they going to leave the stripes?

Here are the many reasons, or just some of the reasons, that they keep it covered. What you don't know is driving you crazy and making people more interested in it, is it going to be like the concept? What are they going to change? Maybe this is the reason they really don't need to do the advertising, though it would reach a wider range of people who might not know about the Challenger.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From everything I have read, here are my educated guesses:

Neon tailight- No. Maybe LED.

Butterfly valves- Maybe, but not totally functional (e.g., Charger SRT)

Carbon fiber hood- Definite No. Too expensive.

Black T-shaped racing decal- Yes.

B-pillar- Yes. (We have seen it in the factory "mule" shot).

Old 08-15-2007, 10:42 AM

I will definitely accept that, but there are a bunch of people here that won't until they see the finished product. Denial or maybe hope.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:34 PM

hype is a good reason to keep it covered. But even Dodge probably doesn't know what the final product will look like. They're still testing and tweaking and may have to change a few things yet. No point getting the customers psyched over some details that may not be deliverable
Old 08-17-2007, 06:46 PM

http://www.newhemitech.com/showthrea...pid=785#pid785

Old 08-17-2007, 06:53 PM

Interesting. I thought the hood appeared to be shorter on the test models than on the concept Challenger.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:18 PM

Bottom line is that every credible source that i read about the challenger says it looks better than anyone can imagine.... and everything i read about the new camaro is mixed at best. Thus i am more and more stoked about the challenger all the time. [sm=jawdrop.gif]
Old 08-18-2007, 08:04 AM

The front end looks short compared to the rest of the car. I think they missed the hood scoops...

http://www.newhemitech.com/showthrea...pid=785#pid785
Old 08-18-2007, 11:16 PM

That morphing looks interesting but if they are off on their estimated distance to the vehicle it throws off all the proportions. I am not going to get worked up by someone cobbling together some guesswork pictures.

Quick Reply: Spy Photo!