Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Suspension Problems? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/suspension-problems-2719/)

stroken56 03-04-2008 08:06 AM

Suspension Problems?

A mechanic from a local Dodge dealer had informed me that the police version of the Charger had been a frequent visiter to the repair shop. He told me when the car was slung around in the road to chase another car, the rear-end would often break its aluminum suspension mounts/arms. He has already seen four (police) cars this has happened to.

Granted, I will not be slinging my car around in the road, but the thought remains, how much side force can I safetly put on the rear suspension? The Challenger and Charger share the same suspension wright?

And a great deal of videos with the Challenger slinging around is either on dirt, or wet pavement.:eek:

lear4406 03-04-2008 02:17 PM

RE: Suspension Problems?

These are good problems to have appear on heavy duty use. By that I mean that it will give Dodge a chance to fix these problems that would otherwise go unoticed under normal conditions. Since we do have alot in common with the Charger, thay will have a chance to put better and stronger components in these areas. So we win and the crooks in the long run lose:)

Billionaire 03-04-2008 04:04 PM

I thought the Challenger had some heavier duty, higher performance parts than the Charger? I wouldn't abuse my Challenger by throwing it around like that anyway. I never drive like that. That would be fairly hard on any car I would think.

Jeremiah 29:11 03-04-2008 04:49 PM

If they need beefing up, I will beef it up myself.

mac 03-04-2008 06:53 PM

deleted

Jeremiah 29:11 03-04-2008 08:16 PM

I agree with you, but if it doesn't happen then it ain't happening unless I do it myself.

stroken56 03-04-2008 09:00 PM

I'll try to get up with the mechanic again to see exactly which components were failing. It might be the week-end before I see him.

Albeeno 03-05-2008 09:07 AM

ORIGINAL: Albeeno

My understanding (based on that 1 page Road & Track article that just came out) is that the Challenger has a softer ride / suspension than the Charger, but more firm that the Magnum and/or 300C. Suspension appears to be one of the few things NOT borrowed from the Charger... C'mon guys...there's gonna be problems...at the end of the day, it's still a Dodge! [:@]

Albeeno 03-05-2008 09:07 AM

My understanding (based on that 1 page Road & Track article that just came out) is that the Challenger has a softer ride / suspension than the Charger, but more firm that the magnum and/or 300C. Suspension appears to be one of the few things NOT borrowed from the Charger... C'mn guys...there's gonna be problems...at the end of teh day, it's still a Dodge! [:@]

mac 03-05-2008 06:26 PM

Deleted