Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Suspension Problems?

Old 03-04-2008, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Problems?

A mechanic from a local Dodge dealer had informed me that the police version of the Charger had been a frequent visiter to the repair shop. He told me when the car was slung around in the road to chase another car, the rear-end would often break its aluminum suspension mounts/arms. He has already seen four (police) cars this has happened to.

Granted, I will not be slinging my car around in the road, but the thought remains, how much side force can I safetly put on the rear suspension? The Challenger and Charger share the same suspension wright?

And a great deal of videos with the Challenger slinging around is either on dirt, or wet pavement.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Suspension Problems?

These are good problems to have appear on heavy duty use. By that I mean that it will give Dodge a chance to fix these problems that would otherwise go unoticed under normal conditions. Since we do have alot in common with the Charger, thay will have a chance to put better and stronger components in these areas. So we win and the crooks in the long run lose
Old 03-04-2008, 04:04 PM

I thought the Challenger had some heavier duty, higher performance parts than the Charger? I wouldn't abuse my Challenger by throwing it around like that anyway. I never drive like that. That would be fairly hard on any car I would think.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

If they need beefing up, I will beef it up myself.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:53 PM
mac

deleted
Old 03-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

I agree with you, but if it doesn't happen then it ain't happening unless I do it myself.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:00 PM

I'll try to get up with the mechanic again to see exactly which components were failing. It might be the week-end before I see him.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:07 AM

My understanding (based on that 1 page Road & Track article that just came out) is that the Challenger has a softer ride / suspension than the Charger, but more firm that the magnum and/or 300C. Suspension appears to be one of the few things NOT borrowed from the Charger... C'mn guys...there's gonna be problems...at the end of teh day, it's still a Dodge! [:@]
Old 03-05-2008, 09:07 AM

ORIGINAL: Albeeno

My understanding (based on that 1 page Road & Track article that just came out) is that the Challenger has a softer ride / suspension than the Charger, but more firm that the Magnum and/or 300C. Suspension appears to be one of the few things NOT borrowed from the Charger... C'mon guys...there's gonna be problems...at the end of the day, it's still a Dodge! [:@]
Old 03-05-2008, 06:26 PM
mac

Deleted

Quick Reply: Suspension Problems?