Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Temp plant closure

Old 02-09-2009, 06:32 PM
mac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Temp plant closure

http://www.google.com/hostednews/can...T9in1xKAD4y-zQ
Old 02-09-2009, 07:45 PM

Default RE: Temp plant closure

Yeah, Mac we have seen this news in another thread. I really don't quite understand. They sell every Challenger that comes in to Denver and the Charger and 300C are really great cars. I have rented both on several occasions and have been very impressed with the ride and power. Of course I own a Challenger so I may be biased, but I think consumers just don't realize what a value these cars are. I know they aren't ricers with battery power but folks like me that still have a good job and don't need (or want) micropower just aren't giving Chrysler a fair look.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:22 PM

You're comments below have come closer to hitting the mark than most. People who feel comfortable making a new car purchase feel that there are far better choices than V8 powered, large, heavy Domestics. The SRTs at $40k+ are competing with used BMW 5 series and new 3 Series and various model of Mecedes. There are also Japanese luxury sport sedans that will get the nod before the Challenger and other LX models for the money. The R/Ts at $31k+ are in the same boat. Add to this the MISERABLE job Chrysler did promoting the Challengers as compared to how Ford promoted the Stang and GM has gotten the new Camaro in every film and TV spot available...

Ceberus SUX BIG ONES!!! ANother classic case of pour managment from the Top. I bet they all get planet sized buy-out options when they finally run it all into the ground.

ORIGINAL: Colorancher

Yeah, Mac we have seen this news in another thread. I really don't quite understand. They sell every Challenger that comes in to Denver and the Charger and 300C are really great cars. I have rented both on several occasions and have been very impressed with the ride and power. Of course I own a Challenger so I may be biased, but I think consumers just don't realize what a value these cars are. I know they aren't ricers with battery power but folks like me that still have a good job and don't need (or want) micropower just aren't giving Chrysler a fair look.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:34 PM

I dont know much about Cerberus. Im guessing they are a holding company. They just scoot along looking for a buyer so they can make some money. If they wait too long to sell it or run the company into the ground it would be a shame.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:48 PM
mac

[quote]ORIGINAL: epegasus

You're comments below have come closer to hitting the mark than most. People who feel comfortable making a new car purchase feel that there are far better choices than V8 powered, large, heavy Domestics. The SRTs at $40k+ are competing with used BMW 5 series and new 3 Series and various model of Mecedes. There are also Japanese luxury sport sedans that will get the nod before the Challenger and other LX models for the money. The R/Ts at $31k+ are in the same boat. Add to this the MISERABLE job Chrysler did promoting the Challengers as compared to how Ford promoted the Stang and GM has gotten the new Camaro in every film and TV spot available...

Ceberus SUX BIG ONES!!! ANother classic case of pour managment from the Top. I bet they all get planet sized buy-out options when they finally run it all into the ground.

ORIGINAL: Colorancher

You know I came so close to purchasing a challenger R/T in November and one manager was going to sell it to me for below MSRP per my salesman, however when I set up a time to test drive the vehicle, the manager on the weekend refused to allow me test drive unless I was willing to purchase at MSRP. I did not care for this attitude and said I would not agree to MSRP and walked away. My salesman said he was sorry and would try to work with the regular manager. Although the car had been sitting at the dealership for about 2 months, another person bought the car that evening. I kind of broke down and was so mad I said F#%K the dealership and F#$K chrysler. I should had just waited and worked with another dealership but I decided to purchase a used 3 series convert (2007) with the folding hard top. It had 20000 miles, 4 year warranty and about 6000 less than the challenger R/T. I told the dealership I had never been treated like that before and had test drove 90000 Mercedes and 55000 BMW with no issues from dealers and could not believe they would not let me drive the challenger. I guess they could care less, but I do hope they go bankrupt since they have so much inventory such as trucks and no one is buying them. I also had showed the dealership I was preapproved to purchase the vehicle but again they refused to allow me to test drive.

So my plan is to purchase a used challenger in a couple of years and hoping I will pay about 15000 or less for a R/T. The wife thinks this is smart and believes I will keep the BMW long term and only enjoy the challenger for a few years before I get tired of it. Not sure if this is true or not but I sure do love having the top down in the 3 series on a sunny day, but still want a challenger in a few years.

My real point in this long post is I hate how Chrysler approached this car regarding price, advertising, ect and I despise my local dodge dealership.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:13 AM

Colorancher, these cars aren't selling as well as you may think. If you go to Burt's website, you'll see that they actually are still sitting on a couple of brand new 07 Chrysler 300s, that's just the 300s. The Challenger's, Broadway Dodge, [:'(] has six SRT8s, autos, and would not do a trade with the dealer that I have been working with because they have so many. They are sitting on a car that I want that now has 101 miles on it because of the test drives.

There are actually more Challenger's out there then there should be considering how often that plant keeps closing down.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:22 AM

Axel, you are correct. There are 1426 Challengers currently out there in the US, 614 are SRT, 571 are RT, and 241 are SE give or take. So if they are trying to tell you that the SRT is a rare commodity its complete nonsense. And that's why the plant is closing for a week.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:36 PM

Yes, I would say that they are becoming more common. The reason I say this is because this morning I drove by the biggest dealer in our rural area and he had four Challengers sitting out front. It was raining so hard, I didn't stop to see what models they had. I came home and looked at their website and they weren't showing that they had that many. The website said they had a silver auto SRT and a Black and Torred R/T manual transmission. I'm pretty sure one of the cars I saw was White and another was Deepwater Blue. I'm just saying that if there is that many in this low population area that they must be getting them out around the country.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:59 PM

Yep. That 1426 number is unsold Challengers on dealer lots, should have made that clear.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:08 PM

ORIGINAL: 05flhtcse

Yes, I would say that they are becoming more common. The reason I say this is because this morning I drove by the biggest dealer in our rural area and he had four Challengers sitting out front. It was raining so hard, I didn't stop to see what models they had. I came home and looked at their website and they weren't showing that they had that many. The website said they had a silver auto SRT and a Black and Torred R/T manual transmission. I'm pretty sure one of the cars I saw was White and another was Deepwater Blue. I'm just saying that if there is that many in this low population area that they must be getting them out around the country.
In USA Today on Monday, there was a story about how both Chrysler and GM are planning to pare down their dealerships. The story noted that despite the drop in sales, Chrysler is REALLY pushing its remaining dealerships to stock up to the hilt on new cars. Apparently, they think seeing sheer volume of cars on the lots will attract buyers.

Quick Reply: Temp plant closure