Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

von/vin tracking and dealer allotments.

Old 06-28-2008, 03:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default von/vin tracking and dealer allotments.

I know its been covered but I can find it and since I no longer work for Chrysler I need a way to check on my newly aquired VON.
ALSO,, can anyone take the mystery out of the SRT8 allotment system for dealers? I seem to get the feeling that dealers are taking orders for SRT8's knowing they have so many its doubtfull they can fill all the orders unless Chrysler opens the gates and builds unlimited numbes of them. That seems to go against all the other rumors about limiting SRT8 volumes.
I spoke with one small dealer who did get an 08 but told me there is no way he was going to get any 09's at all.
What do dealers know that they are not telling and why?
I currently have a order for a car with 2 dealers but only got a VON from one. Im considering not canceling the non VON order as back up since they didnt charge me a deposit. Neither did the dealer who gave me the VON.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:15 AM

Default RE: von/vin tracking and dealer allotments.

I ordered a 09 SRT8 this past Monday from a small dealer. They had two orders for 08's and received only one. They are almost certain that they will not receive the second car. I kept pressuring the dealership to take my order but they wanted to make sure the guy with the order for the 08 was taken care of. The dealership has no idea of their allotment for 09's. They finally told me that they would take my order because I want a completely different color and transmission than the other guy. I have no idea if I will get the car, but I have a VON (receiving it by mail probably today) and was told it is at BA status. From what I have heard the SE's and RT's will start being produced in late July. I have not seen any firm information on the SRT8 build schedule. I am a Chrysler employee and will snoop around when I get back to work in two weeks.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:16 PM

I have orders with three dealers and will cancel the other two as soon as one can provide a VIN... only one dealer needed a deposit.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:04 PM

https://dodgechallenger.com/forums/m..._/tm.htm#39318