Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

We are very lucky to have the Challenger

Old 10-06-2008, 05:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: We are very lucky to have the Challenger

Since I have an SE, I've been amazed at how many people are shocked to hear that a V-6 Challenger even exists. They may have heard that the Challenger is back, but to most people it may be a cool car but it's just a V-8 monster that sucks up costly gasoline.
That is exactly the truth..
It was not until I got my copy of the 'Spring/Summer 2008' "DODGE" magazine exclusively for owners that I knew they were making a SE..
I thought that all of them were going to be too high priced for me to even think about..
The article in the book said they were going to be making a base model SE , but this was before they knew what the prices were going to be..
So just about every day I would go to the Dodge.com website looking for updates..
So if I had not been a former Dodge owner, ('06 Ram) I probably would not know that they were selling a model
that would be practical for me, the SE, and I would not have found any of the forums..
Old 10-06-2008, 07:26 AM

AMEN to both RoswellGrey and Mopar2ya, you both have in my humble opinion some great insight and I totally agree with you. I may add that I really believe they need some serious TV ads especially touting the SE model as a gas saver but with HOT MUSCLE CAR LOOKS or something in that order. It will sell thier cars for them. Lets keep are fingers crossed and our hopes high for Chrysler and Dodge !!!!!!!!!! Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]

mopar2ya Date 10/5/2008 11:56:11 PM

The current state of the economy and the nightly news pumping doom and gloom out of the media machine certainly hasn"t done the auto industry any favors either. Combine that with the high price of gas and the lowest average fuel mileage in the industry and Chrysler has certainly has thier hands full trying to keep things rolling toward profitability. Hopefully they have the financial capital to weather the storm and the engineering know how to turn out some interesting fuel misers. The decision to scrap the Neon just never made any sense to me... but that was made under the Daimler regime... not really anything current management had any say in. As with all things... time will tell.

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

ORIGINAL: 73Challenger

Business is down, heck I have only seen 3 other Challengers on the street EVER. My dealer has 1/2 dozen S/E models in stock for a few weeks - none sold. Those cars should be flying out of the showroom at full MSRP of 23k - but they are not.

I think part of that problem is the fact that Chrysler has done virtually NO advertising on the Challenger. Since I have an SE, I've been amazed at how many people are shocked to hear that a V-6 Challenger even exists. They may have heard that the Challenger is back, but to most people (I'm talking "normal" folks, not people like us, obviously), it may be a cool car but it's just a V-8 monster that sucks up costly gasoline. Chrysler needs to start pushing the Challenger in all of its versions instead of yet another "crossover" vehicle. Also, are you sure the dealer is just charging just MSRP? Unfortunately, many aren't and are trying to fleece the public for an extra $5K or $6K on SEs.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:03 AM

Well at least Dodge brought out the new Challenger "before" the new Chevy Camaro this time around so we get an extra year should these cars go away again. Personally, I have never seen any Challenger ads on TV...perhaps I don't watch enough. But I agree with everyone else...why no ads trying to sell the SE? It's almost as if Dodge doesn't want to make a big deal about the Challenger to the general public.
Everyone else including Car Mags, owners, etc. are the ones selling the car....where's my check!
Old 10-06-2008, 02:56 PM

What would be the point in corporate advertising at this point? They've got fistfulls of sold orders just sitting around. All of the cars sitting on dealer lots are "sold" as far a Chrysler is concerned - the dealers need to step up.

The V6 barely gets better gas mileage than the R/T. I doubt mileage consumers would give the SE much consideration. If anything the SE is probably scavenging more profitable R/T sales - people that want the looks, but don't want / need the performance.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:09 PM
mac

They could recycle some of the old adds but substitute the new challenger:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TycR57p1vzs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kam4jdg_zl0
Old 10-06-2008, 08:51 PM

The late "Sheriff" Joe Higgins. A True American, indeed.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:33 AM

The only place I have seen ANY ads for the Challenger is just on billboards at Baseball stadiums and as the title sponser of a NASCAR race, but other then that I havent seen anything on TV or in print....Heck, I havent even seen it on the windows od dealerships. All I see there is "Check out the all NEW 2009 Journey" YUCK Like the Journey is really going to attract Muscle car people to a dealership. Some people at my work didnt even know that the Challenger was even out there yet.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:02 AM

ORIGINAL: 09ChallengerRT

Some people at my work didnt even know that the Challenger was even out there yet.

Hey is that the new "Charger"....how many times have you heard that from people.....
Old 10-07-2008, 07:35 AM

Took my wifes car in for service last night. Mechanic saw our Challenger last time we picked up her car there. He asked how I was liking our new Charger. I humbly corrected him and within a couple minutes he asked me something else about my new Charger... jeesh... and he is supposed to be a car guy... [8D]
Old 10-07-2008, 08:17 AM

Ummm... That Challenger thingy... you know the one from the Dukes of Hazzard :-Þ

They both start with a CHA, so they must be the same.

Quick Reply: We are very lucky to have the Challenger