Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Went to the dealership today

Old 03-20-2007, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Went to the dealership today

maybe the next one would be more charger like. I just hope they dont make a 4 door chally along with a coupe and a convertible.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:30 PM

nah i don't see a 4dr challenger if anything after the first few years of the car it it will just be canceled like the prowler that most likely what will happen

Jake
Old 03-21-2007, 12:26 AM

Just curious, but what would you guys think if they went and chopped off 2 of the doors on the Charger? Would you dislike it just as much? Or maybe consider it? I'm kind of in the middle about the car in general. I saw one in sublime the other day and WOW did it look nice. Too bad they don't offer that color in the cheaper models or I might've sprung for it. If they put that shade on the Challenger, that's what I'll be getting.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:08 AM

Somebody already did a version of a 2dr Charger at the SEMA show.

[IMG]local://upfiles/691/B7C55246C8BE4791BE53A4A7AF200F9D.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-21-2007, 10:13 AM

Believe me I've tried warming up to the Charger but the front end just screws the whole car up. They've got to do something with it because it's just butt ugly. It does look better in some colors but then I see the front end again and I'm just turned off completely. Why didn't they build the '99 concept. Now that was a beautiful car worthy of the Charger nameplate.

As far as dealerships go and the salesmen working there you'll find that you are better informed about their products than 9 out of 10 of those salesmen. When I first took a picture of the Challenger to my dealer they thought it was of an original and said it was a cool old car! When I explained this was a new concept vehicle from Dodge they looked at me like I was nuts and said it wouldn't be built.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:51 PM
Rob

I dunno ...I don't dislike it completely.

I look at it this way. Chrysler no doubt knew that they were coming out with the Challenger and maybe wanted to offer the Charger as the 4-door/family-type sedan and keep the Challenger as their sporty/2-door model.

Not sure if there is an ounce of truth to it, but it makes sense. Why have 2 sports cars? Charger and Challenger looked similar back in the day ...maybe they wanted to diviate from that...

R
Old 03-21-2007, 03:35 PM

Hi McDonald,

It must be the Ohio Dodge dealers!! I am located in Ohio , and I went to 3 dealerships today before I could find a sales manager that knew anything about the Challengers. I was able to be placed on a list , which I was the first for the dealership. The dealership was really helpful.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:52 PM

ORIGINAL: stropki

Hi McDonald,

It must be the Ohio Dodge dealers!! I am located in Ohio , and I went to 3 dealerships today before I could find a sales manager that knew anything about the Challengers. I was able to be placed on a list , which I was the first for the dealership. The dealership was really helpful.

Thats cool, where at in Ohio you from? I am going to hit a few other dealers and see what their thoughts are as long as i have no more nightmares...

What i dont understand is why make the Charger a family car, when back in the day it was considered higher class than the Challenger.. Besides the prices of Challengers now.. Correct me if im wrong but pretty sure the charger cost more than a Challenger. The coke bottle charger ruined it for them..
Old 03-21-2007, 08:12 PM

the 2dr doesn't look any better they need a total redesign

Jake
Old 03-21-2007, 08:39 PM

I am in Canton, Ohio. Where are you in Ohio? If your close, I can hook you up with the dealer.

Quick Reply: Went to the dealership today