Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

What is 55 HP Worth?

Old 09-13-2008, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is 55 HP Worth?

people have opinions, you have to say them without being disrespectful and rudy was being disrespectful. Simple as that MOPAR2YA
Old 09-14-2008, 04:01 AM

Kris Sullivan ... first off i'm not a "jerk".

I didn't mean to hurt anyones feelings on the forum but i'm expressing my opinions about this topic ... Any car can be modded .. SRT4's whatever ... any car can become faster with money and that goes the same for the SRT. It is superior in every way to the r/t .

"Young guys like me will mod"

Bro I turned 21 yesterday I don't wanna hear that.

I love everyone on the forum and don't want to cause chaos but come on man i'm sick of this R/t is better then the srt with a few mods ...

Let me just hop into my mom's 09 Bentley GTC or my dads 08 AZURE and then let's race ur R/T

[sm=badbadbad.gif]

R/T trying to race an SRT8 is a [sm=badidea.gif]
Old 09-14-2008, 05:44 AM

How can this topic get so heated? The R/T is a great compromise. Warranty, mileage and savings all rolled into a LESSER car then the SRT8. Sure it can be modded. I chose to start at 6.1 instead of 5.7. Build both with the same upgrades, and the R/T will be slower.
Enough money and either can be made faster.

So what is 55 hp worth? What did you pay.... I know mod 4 mod, the SRT8 is King of the Challengers. HP to weight. Peak torque, chassis tune.

The R/T will be a beast, and thats not enough?

Rant on:

If you wanted to go faster right off the dealers lot, then the SRT8 has no equal. To pretend the R/T will EVER be faster then the SRT8 with the same work done is dreaming.
By January-Febuary I will have the (extremely modified) SE done, and will take ALL comers. Any locals want to place a bet on that?
I said it once, and I will say it again. NOTHING beats cubic inches, except cubic dollars....
Old 09-14-2008, 06:51 AM

Better get ready to duck Andre... just so happens you posted to the thread where anybody and everybody will take pot shots... call you names... and even talk about your mother...

[sm=laughat.gif]
[sm=icon_beat.gif]
[sm=violent053.gif][sm=outcold.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif]

[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 09-14-2008, 07:55 AM

ORIGINAL: Andre@Edge

How can this topic get so heated? The R/T is a great compromise. Warranty, mileage and savings all rolled into a LESSER car then the SRT8. Sure it can be modded. I chose to start at 6.1 instead of 5.7. Build both with the same upgrades, and the R/T will be slower.
Enough money and either can be made faster.

So what is 55 hp worth? What did you pay.... I know mod 4 mod, the SRT8 is King of the Challengers. HP to weight. Peak torque, chassis tune.

The R/T will be a beast, and thats not enough?

Rant on:

If you wanted to go faster right off the dealers lot, then the SRT8 has no equal. To pretend the R/T will EVER be faster then the SRT8 with the same work done is dreaming.
By January-Febuary I will have the (extremely modified) SE done, and will take ALL comers. Any locals want to place a bet on that?
I said it once, and I will say it again. NOTHING beats cubic inches, except cubic dollars....
NO ONE ever said stock for stock that an RT will take an SRT you guys arent reading the thread or at least my posts. Of course a 40k + car is going to be faster than the 29k sibling.
All were saying is with few mods you could get it to the srt8 STOCK let me emphasize STOCK numbers.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:55 AM

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

Better get ready to duck Andre... just so happens you posted to the thread where anybody and everybody will take pot shots... call you names... and even talk about your mother...

[sm=laughat.gif]
[sm=icon_beat.gif]
[sm=violent053.gif] [sm=shootshoot.gif]

[sm=dontgetit.gif]
please don't fuel the fire.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:03 AM

Holy Cow CIVIL WAR! Jeez guys, lets take a sanity check here ok? I agree with Andre 110%. I also am starting with the SRT as fortuantely I can afford to. I do intend to add a few mods to make it quicker and also to personalize it. Isnt this the basis of the whole thing? I mean getting the car you can afford and adding whatever it is you want to make it faster? No sense to bash each other as we all are here for the same thing, a common love of this car, no matter if its an SE, RT or SRT. Dollar for dollar, if oyu want to go crazy, do like Andre, get an SE, throw a crate motor, say the 540CI supercharged hemi. 900+ hp ready to go! Then you can brag about speed. I will say and have said, buy the car you want, have fun with it and drive it like you stole it!
Old 09-14-2008, 08:17 AM

Nicely stated bro. This forum is about and was made for THE CAR, no matter the model.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:16 AM

yep
Old 09-14-2008, 01:08 PM

I am a current 2009 Challenger R/T owner. I didn't buy this vehicle to race, mod the hell out of it to beat another vehicle. I bought-it because I wanted a american muscle car all my life. If all I could afford was the SE model I would of bought-it in a flash and be completely 100% satisfied with it. I love the design body of the 21st Century Challenger no matter what engine size and what model badge are on them, they are beautiful automobiles to many.

Quick Reply: What is 55 HP Worth?