Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

What is 55 HP Worth?

Old 09-13-2008, 05:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is 55 HP Worth?

LOL " If you want to add a lot of performance components" YOU SHOULD GET THE DAMN PERFORMANCE MODEL !!! What are you talking about bro ? The SRT8 is a much faster and high performing car then the R/T go look in every magazine ... and drive the 6.1. The SRT8 crowd is never going to be touched by the R/T crowd. You make no sense your the first moron to say such a thing on this forum. If you can't pay the 10k don't make up little fantasies that yours is secretley faster.

get real brother.

let me put the SC in my SRT8 and well see who's "added performance components" go faster.

go get a pt cruiser .
ORIGINAL: Colorancher

The R/T is definitely the car to get if you want to add a lot of performance components. The SRT comes with most component upgrades and stands as the "gold" standard. If the RT crowd exceeds the preformance of the SRT8 I will be the first to cheer. Although I will be sitting in my car racing,not upgrading. Go for it R/T folks!!
Old 09-13-2008, 08:13 AM

ORIGINAL: Rudy61SRT8

LOL " If you want to add a lot of performance components" YOU SHOULD GET THE DAMN PERFORMANCE MODEL !!! What are you talking about bro ? The SRT8 is a much faster and high performing car then the R/T go look in every magazine ... and drive the 6.1. The SRT8 crowd is never going to be touched by the R/T crowd. You make no sense your the first moron to say such a thing on this forum. If you can't pay the 10k don't make up little fantasies that yours is secretley faster.

get real brother.

let me put the SC in my SRT8 and well see who's "added performance components" go faster.

go get a pt cruiser .

The R/T is definitely the car to get if you want to add a lot of performance components. The SRT comes with most component upgrades and stands as the "gold" standard. If the RT crowd exceeds the preformance of the SRT8 I will be the first to cheer. Although I will be sitting in my car racing,not upgrading. Go for it R/T folks!!
Relax baby no need to call people names. I think all he was saying that if you want to do your own upgrades might as well go with the RT and put w.e upgrades you want. Also I think he was saying if someone bumps the rt power to the srts he will be the first one cheering. You guys are holding the srt8 as a god of a car. Give credit to the RT as well for 29k its performance is amazing.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:01 AM

More like SATAN of a car....[sm=badbadbad.gif]
Old 09-13-2008, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

If you are looking as 55HP is the difference between the R/T and SRT then that is a short sided view as the SRT has higher perfomance part in every system of the SRT and not just the engine performance.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:53 PM

I give a ton of credit to the r/t it's a great car but it amazes me how people are trying to convince themselves that the r/t is somehow superior with a "few upgrades" .

R/T = Fast
SRT8 = Roids.

get real brother.

go get a pt cruiser .

Relax baby no need to call people names. I think all he was saying that if you want to do your own upgrades might as well go with the RT and put w.e upgrades you want. Also I think he was saying if someone bumps the rt power to the srts he will be the first one cheering. You guys are holding the srt8 as a god of a car. Give credit to the RT as well for 29k its performance is amazing.
[/quote]
Old 09-13-2008, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

For me I plan to get the SRT, and play with adding upgrades to that. I like tinkering with cars so that will be fun planning and implementing it, and of course checking out the results.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:22 PM

get real brother.

go get a pt cruiser .

There are people who would rather put the $10k price difference between RT-SRT, under the hood, and will net hp results far exceeding the stock srt. There are many upgrades out there, Superchargers -
Turbo chargers - Hi-Po Head & Cam packages that will put the 5.7 RT Hemi in the neighborhood of 500 hp for less than the $10k price of the SRT. I know the SRT is a complete package with tuned suspension, upgraded interior,great braking system and functional hood scoops. That being said the SRT isnt the end all when talking about performance, it is the top of the line package,the big kahuana,
but an RT with $10k in the right place is gonna leave the stock SRT in the dust. It will not be a better car, just a bit faster.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:28 PM

Yo Rudy your a jerk bro... And If I get my R/T which would be latter this year... I've got a Grand on a race with your SRT buddy no doubt... If your that NIAVE to think someone can't build an R/T faster than an SRT your CRAZY brother... so very very crazy...
Ohh plus what if someone just scoops up an R/T used in a year for about 25k which im so sure you could find and drops money into it... bigger budget right????
Dude It's about what your willing to do to your car... and to me you sound like every other SRT guy with exception to a few cool guy's on this forum... A stroked 5.7 to 392 with new heads and a new cam, super-charged, with the frigging dana's on it 4.10 gears... shoot i've got a hemi ram with 3.92 right now so that'll be easy...A fully modded R/T would smoke check your srt and you still prolly don't have somebody to "build" your car.. So you can talk about S/C's hahaha i'll put that on my SRT and fly away with wings on it... but you know you'll never do it and the guy's.. mostly young guy's into cars will.. Like me[8D]... So whatever some kid could through a some joke of a nitrous kit on his car and take your SRT... point is you better look under the hood if you wanna really talk about racing...
And I think the whole point of this thread is that the SRT isn't really that much more supreme to an R/T.... Yeah gears matter gotta factor that in... and definatly the redline to... you can do the whole manual/auto schpeil if you'd like also.
Lovin' it... truly lovin it... McLovin it... I can't wait to pick up the extra hours I don't need in my girlfreinds dad's shop to pay for my mods and watch him transform my soon to be R/T into a Super-R/T lol... with the best of intentions... be easy...
Old 09-13-2008, 09:56 PM

Wow... such a fun and happy thread... nice work guys... Challenger enthusiasts bashing each other... nice...

Cant we all just get along... [sm=dontgetit.gif]
Old 09-13-2008, 10:06 PM

Yeah I just got out of the shower and a light bulb went off... Rudy you might not be a jerk.... and probably are't but you sound like one that's all... And it's kinda disheartning... There that was politcally correct right???
It's just my opinion...Sorry if it matters...

Quick Reply: What is 55 HP Worth?