Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   What is the expected price for the Challenger? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/what-expected-price-challenger-1441/)

Cuda340 02-08-2008 09:32 AM

RE: What is the expected price for the Challenger?

My advice- Reearch dealer inventory on dodge.com and be prepared to travel out-of-state for your Challenger. In the NJ/PA/DE area where I live, SRTs are treated like diamonds and command the same high prices. Find out who are the high volume SRT dealers and e-mail them when the time is right. I plan to make my move in December 2008. ;)

threefidee 02-08-2008 11:52 AM

Keep in mind, the dealers are not setting the prices, the customers are (you and me). If we are willing to pay 20 over then that is what they are going to sell for. Our local Dodge dealer has other dealers calling them all the time offering our local dealer way above sticker so they can have their car to sell to one of their customers. This happened at our Ford store on the Mustangs and I am not talking about the Shelby's but the new body style 2005 Mustangs, V-6's to the GT's. In 2006 things settled down but I guess you would have to compare the Challenger (SRT8 model anyways) to the GT 500. They actually made way more first year GT 500's than they will Challenger SRT8 models for 2008 and they still bring quite a bit over sticker. I would like to know if anyone has an idea of how many of the 30,000 will be the SRT8 model (comparing it to the GT 500) as top dog. I am sure the V-6 models will be easier on the wallet but will be sticker plus I would guess but the sticker will be a lot less. 30,000 cars divided among (not sure how many Dodge dealers are out there) the dealers is still not a ton of cars per dealer to play with.

Jody

Cuda340 03-06-2008 03:36 PM

Challenger parts will be expensive!!

Accoding to the MoparStar dealer catalog, the gas filler cap (Part # 5112873AA) retails for $639.
The calipers for it are $422 for the front and $467 for the rear (per side).

[sm=jawdrop.gif]

Jeremiah 29:11 03-06-2008 05:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Cuda340

Challenger parts will be expensive!!

Accoding to the MoparStar dealer catalog, the gas filler cap (Part # 5112873AA) retails for $639.
The calipers for it are $422 for the front and $467 for the rear (per side).

[sm=jawdrop.gif]
So don't buy those parts, your Challenger will already have them. :D

mac 03-06-2008 06:30 PM

Deleted off topic.

davecpa 03-06-2008 08:39 PM

maybe i will need to buy mine in alaska... they cant have that high of a demand there.. can they?

lear4406 03-06-2008 09:31 PM

Its always best to find one out of state... that way you have to go on a road trip to get it:D I hope I find one in Arizona and then I'll take my Route 66 cruise I've been promising myself. Imagine a ride up the Pacific Coast Highway. Hwy. 1 possibly. Then a right turn towards the Midwest. Gotta stop and see Mom and Dad. Then a short jount to the house in NC.;) Now thats what I'm talking about... a man and his car:)

MrKrisSullivan 03-07-2008 10:06 AM

i've seen 3 differnt shelby 500's in the last couple months all with less than 5,000 miles one with only 500 miles!! All three for less than msrp. One was just a shade over 40k.

Cuda340 03-08-2008 02:41 AM

ORIGINAL: lear4406

Its always best to find one out of state... that way you have to go on a road trip to get it:D I hope I find one in Arizona and then I'll take my Route 66 cruise I've been promising myself. Imagine a ride up the Pacific Coast Highway. Hwy. 1 possibly. Then a right turn towards the Midwest. Gotta stop and see Mom and Dad. Then a short jount to the house in NC.;) Now thats what I'm talking about... a man and his car:)
I agree that many of us will be forced to buy a car out-of-state to get the best deal. I know that dealers in the Northeast, where I live, are looking for big $$$$$$$$.

My only problem with a long road trip is parking my new Challenger in a motel parking lot at night. I had a car stolen and I am very paranoid about it. Maybe I'll have it delivered in an enclosed trailer. ;)

mopar2ya 03-09-2008 03:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Cuda340

My only problem with a long road trip is parking my new Challenger in a motel parking lot at night. I had a car stolen and I am very paranoid about it. Maybe I'll have it delivered in an enclosed trailer. ;)

Maybe Dodge will be offering up the Camo gear as a retail option fo that purpose... :D

Jeremiah 29:11 03-09-2008 03:56 PM

Have a security system that barks like a real dog. Even if it not a real dog, it would certain attract attention and keep the evil doers away.

MoparToYou 09-20-2008 10:56 PM

Lots of good information on this thread. Some of the information is a little dated at this point though. As of today, three out of three dealers I shopped at would have sold me my 2008 SRT 8 for MSRP.

MoparToYou

Dodge Favre ever 11-11-2008 07:16 PM

I checked the Dodge Dealers website just now DISCOUNTS on RT'S and SRT8's at Palmen's dodge in Racine, Wi. They also have a dealership in Kenosha, Wi. 53406

RT LIST PRICE $37,755
DISCOUNT -1,210
PRICE $36,545

SRT LIST PRICE $45,525
DISCOUNT -2,453
PRICE $43,072

Peevan 11-11-2008 09:42 PM

One in Norco CA wants to sell at $2500 over MSRP as of yesterday.

tdub2112 11-12-2008 02:54 PM

We went to the dealer the other day.
Had a SE in Wanted 21K
He asked me what a 6-Speed Manual R/T would be.
So told him 35-37K.
He was impressed.
That made my day.
Blow a dealers doors off with my superior Challenger knowledge.
Paid off the year and a half i've been here.

et7333 11-15-2008 01:37 PM

Heh Peevan check with Moss in San Bernardino ,they will sell below MSRP

shaky-2 11-15-2008 03:20 PM

Peeven if you go to Mos Bros in San Bernardino ask for Tedroy Smith that is who i got my car from also joani is the service manager their they will treat you really good tell them Shaky sent you AKA Frank Brennan he will do you right.

Peevan 11-15-2008 03:35 PM

Shaky and ET, thanks. I am still a few months away from purchase but you are confirming for me what I have been gathering from this forum....Moss in San Bernardino may just be the place. I have been to Ontario Dodge to get a close up look and to acquaint my wife with what I am talking about. Showed her the SRT, got a good listen running it, and it didnt scare her off...we left with her saying maybe we should get two:):):). (She was talking about my son though...not her...but still...ya gotta love a woman like that!!)

mopar2ya 11-15-2008 05:41 PM

Yep... I hear ya Peevan... gotta love a woman like that... :)

AF Pilot 12-07-2008 07:11 PM

got my black R/T 6 spd with leather and sunroof for 32,400 plus tax on the 21st of November. MSRP was 34,450....dealer just outside of Atlanta

wallstreetman 08-24-2009 12:32 PM

$60,000?

Originally Posted by davidstan (Post 22946)
i'm in the lending business and let me tell you that the feds would be down on us in a second if we practiced similar ethics. I know lending is different but a gouge is a gouge.

Anyone who paid $60,000 for a 2008 SRT is now $20,000 in the hole!

Do not pay any more than $40,000 for an SRT!

88dblifestyle 01-04-2010 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by SkillzDatKillz (Post 13174)
Just wondering what the expected price for the challenger is. I'm 15, turning 16 in December. If the price is ridiculous I will just get a charger or a GT. But I love the style of the Challenger, I was just wondering if anyone knows what the expected price for the car will be.

Just stick with the challenger.. I prefer to have it too..

Just waiting for my fund..:D

Mr007 09-25-2010 02:06 PM

maybe i will need to buy mine in alaska... they cant have that high of a demand there.. can they?

Demetra 06-03-2019 12:30 AM

Get yourself a sound, dependable, economical used car to learn on (and have your first accident with) - it's happened that way for MOST of us. I'm not trying play baccarat to "rain on your parade", and I hope Dodge makes the Challenger long enough so you can get a new one - AFTER you've got a few years behind the wheel under your belt, and you're not a "slave" to the financial burden.