Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

What is the expected price for the Challenger?

Old 08-27-2007, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the expected price for the Challenger?

But soon enough we will wake up with slobber running down the seat and a hand on the steering wheel of a challenger.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:01 PM

I've got around 35k to spend..and I want an R/T..so I don't think i'll be getting a challenger...
Old 08-27-2007, 04:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Frankie3521

I've got around 35k to spend..and I want an R/T..so I don't think i'll be getting a challenger...
About 2 years after it's out, I think you'll be able to find a new 5.7L R/T for well under $35K.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:39 PM

And Chrysler will probably throw in a free Chinese Cherry car with every Challenger. After all, you DO need something to drive if gas hits $8 or $10 anytime soon.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:10 AM

Let's see, where do we start. Can't compare the Challenger with the Charger, can't compare the Challenger with the Camaro, can't compare the Challenger with the Mustang, can't compare the Challenger with the Viper. Well then, this car should be around $100,000 because it's one of a kind car. Nothing out there that's competition with it.

Ok, the Charger is a rough comparison because it has four doors not two, but to Chrysler it's still considered a performance car, a sports car though that's taboo here and I agree, but unfortunately we don't call the shots at Chrysler. The Mustang is in the same class whether it's old or not. They have not touched anything on it because there is no reason to. What's the competition, the Charger? Is Ford really going to sit back and not release a new version of the Mustang, new body, more power, etc? Are they just going to leave it to let the Challenger and Camaro romp on it? Probably not. That competition is going to be renewed, there's just no reason for them to do anything with it now, which I can't blame them. Does no good to bring out a new car when you don't know everything about your competition does it? Of course not.

Challenger doesn't compare with the Camaro because it's not retro? I wish that would be a good arguement. They try to say that the development comes from a 69 Camaro, yeah, ok. A Chinese person designed the car which says a lot right there. We may not consider it retro, but from the people that I have heard after seeing the Transformer movie and on message boards, it seems that it's just "retro" enough for them and very "futuristic" looking to qualify as stealing sales from the Challenger. Unfortuantely this car's price and looks are going to appeal to the younger crowd which is a large portion of car sales. I would say from the 18+ category. It is a sports car, it is therefore the Challenger's competition. If you don't think so then take it off the market and see how much more the Challenger's sales would rise, if it was in a comparable price range that is.

As for the dealer selling the Charger at a lower price then MSRP, that has to do with the rebates. No, the 08 isn't out yet, I don't believe, but it doesn't have to be. The car has been out for a while and sales are dropping, that's when the incentives start coming in. The Challenger will be much the same way, but not when it first comes out. I would say a year or two after it comes out they will start doing incentives. That's how the Charger was, good luck finding any deal on it, sits out model year after model year and incentives hit.

As far as knowing the price, I do like to know the price of something I'm going to buy regardless of if I can afford it or not. Even if it was the Aveo just coming out, a car I would never own, but using it as an example. If they were announcing the Aveo and no price for it yet, I would want to know what I was going to be spending on it. I mean you have a friggin' Mini Cooper that is way overpriced. Nothing like paying $18,700 for a traveling coffin.

If I have to put this thing on a lease, the Challenger, then I just may do it to get it. Yes, I know leases suck, but just to say that I had a piece of history even for a short amount of time might just be worth it. Might being the keyword.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:14 AM

And this if for everyone who was giving the kid a hard time and doesn't think he should be driving a sports car, though I'm mixed on that. Just because you own it doesn't mean you know how to drive it.

http://www.stangbangers.com/2004_Mustang_Wrecks.htm
Old 08-28-2007, 11:02 AM

Axel, do you make audio-visual presentations for drivers ed class?
Old 08-28-2007, 01:26 PM

No, but I'm working on it. lol. Actually, I got that part from my step dad. I guess he ran across some poster somewhere with a new Mustang with only 9 miles on it, or something like that, that was totaled because the driver thought he knew how to drive the thing like a mad man.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:49 PM

ORIGINAL: cncpt2prod!

ORIGINAL: Frankie3521

About 2 years after it's out, I think you'll be able to find a new 5.7L R/T for well under $35K.
I'm soon to be 16 like the poster of this thread..and I can't wait two years for the price to drop. It's a beautiful car..but if it gets marked up past 35-37k ill be getting a camaro or mustang.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

If you are 18 and getting a $32K, you must be making the big bucks.

What you job will you have that you can can afford that car.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Quick Reply: What is the expected price for the Challenger?