Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

What is the expected price for the Challenger?

Old 08-28-2007, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the expected price for the Challenger?

Axel, based on those pictures, there were several roll overs with those cars. The statistics show that in cars there is a 24% death rate.

I hope these guys lived from their accidents. Your life is a terrible price to pay for driving inexperience.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

If you are 18 and getting a $32K, you must be making the big bucks.

What you job will you have that you can can afford that car.

I think you misread or misunderstood what I posted..But my parents are getting me the car for my 16th birthday..or really I'll have to wait a few months for its release to check the pricing..
Old 08-28-2007, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

You are right, I thougth you said you would be getting in 2 year which would make you 18.

Now don't take this negatively because I have told this to other guys on the forum.

If you get one of the 400-500HP beasts, I highly suggest you take a performance driving class for your safety
and everybody else on the road. You could lose control and not be able to recover your car in a heart beart.

If you are fortunate, all you lost is a $32k machine and not your life. TAke a performance class.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:28 PM

400 HP? Ehh...Thats too much. I hopefully can get a R/T which I believe is 350 HP? Hopefully thats around 35k...
Old 08-28-2007, 07:12 PM
Administrator

looking back, im glad that my dad started me out in a 15 second car, and i worked my way up...
Old 08-28-2007, 07:45 PM

Hello

This is off the topic of the Challengers price and driving experience, could some one please tell me what a B-Pillar is?
I was looking at the spy shots of the challenger and there is a comment about a B-pillar, my thought is that it is the post behind the door between the two side windows. Can you help a girl out?
Old 08-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Cheekie

Hello

This is off the topic of the Challengers price and driving experience, could some one please tell me what a B-Pillar is?
I was looking at the spy shots of the challenger and there is a comment about a B-pillar, my thought is that it is the post behind the door between the two side windows. Can you help a girl out?
Certainly. Here is an explanation. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pillar_%28car%29 Some coupes with B-pillars do not look right due to the B-pillar.

I agree with Jeremiah, it would be a good idea for you to take performance classes Frankie3521. Also, first get used to the power of the car, do not go crazy immediately. Also please appreciate that car for what it is and treat it with respect and it will respect you. Don't abuse the power and do crazy things with it ("hey, I bet I can do this hair pin curve over 100mph). Preferably, save the power for the race track and quater mile tracks. I don't want to see what happened to some of my friends happen to you, okay?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 08-29-2007, 04:51 AM

There has been so much talk about the POSSIBLE cost of the new Challenger that I believe some have forgotten a more important issue. Forget the price of the car, you must consider if you can afford the cost of the insurance. For some of you, the younger folks mostly, the monthly cost of insurnace will exceed the cost of your monthly car payment. Again, if you worried about Gas Guzzler tax, car payments and insurance cost, this is more then likely NOT the car for you.

Remember there is what you want, what you need and what you can afford. These three are often very different!

Good luck!
Old 08-29-2007, 06:55 AM

Going from a sports car to a sports car shouldn't hurt me on my insurance to bad. Now if they found out I got that careless driving ticket, that would be a different story. Cop upset me and got away with something, gave me a reckless driving at first, but it was reduced to careless. Basically, he was doing a 40 in a 30, I took off next to him on the lights, up to the speed limit. Went around the corner with my tires wet, sprinkler system was watering the street, accelerating like I did at the other lights, and I fish tailed. I gained control of the car very quickly, but the cop came after me. He was a real jerk and I asked him if he was going to give himself a ticket and he got upset with me again and actually was spitting at that point because he was so upset. He said he was allowed to do that. Ok, whatever. Working on reporting him, but it's amazing how there seems to be no one to report this inceident to except for other cops who defend him. Anyway, on with the subject.

In my opinion I think every person here should be taking a performance driving class if they aren't out racing 400 hp cars on the professional track. 400 hp is way overkill in a car and way more then anyone will ever need. It's mainly for show at that point unless you are doing it professional or towing. No one in their right mind really knows how to control a car with that much power no matter the driving year you have behind you, unless again you've done it professionally or learned the hard way. Even in my Mustang, I would be apt to go out and take a course jumping up another 100 hp to the Challenger. Look at the professionals out there that have been killed because they knew how to handle the power, people in NASCAR come to mind, I can't imagine the people out on the streets who have that kind of hp and no experience using it. Scary stuff.

Heck, if they built Autobahns here then things would be different that's for sure. We would grow up with NASCAR on our highways, who would want to watch it then when we would be driving it ourselves. I think that people on the Autobahn though learn respect really fast for their car and the power it has. What a way to learn though.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

There has been so much talk about the POSSIBLE cost of the new Challenger that I believe some have forgotten a more important issue. Forget the price of the car, you must consider if you can afford the cost of the insurance. For some of you, the younger folks mostly, the monthly cost of insurnace will exceed the cost of your monthly car payment. Again, if you worried about Gas Guzzler tax, car payments and insurance cost, this is more then likely NOT the car for you.

Remember there is what you want, what you need and what you can afford. These three are often very different!

Good luck!
This is why I am waiting until I turn 25 to get one. I have considered that part of the equation. I'm a patient person, I can wait the two extra years.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: What is the expected price for the Challenger?