Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

What is the expected price for the Challenger?

Old 09-04-2007, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the expected price for the Challenger?

Oh they find ways to make up for it here also let me tell you. Sales tax rate around the area is 8.1% and higher. I'm lucky because I live in an unincorporated area, but they are talking about raising it again in Aurora, yet the cost of living goes up and the salaries stay the same. Gotta love it.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:51 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: davecpa

The funny thing is that this site on here at https://dodgechallenger.com/concept/specs/ says it all. It was right under my nose all the time. But I will believe it when i see it.

i got those numbers from chrysler...when they show the concept, they had a little plaque that was next to it, and that was what it said...
Old 09-04-2007, 08:23 PM

so i take it that $35k is about right then?[sm=burnout.gif]
Old 09-04-2007, 08:41 PM
Administrator

that was their estimated price that was being thrown around LAST summer...so who knows..
Old 09-22-2007, 05:20 PM

Mark my words, the base Challenger with the 3.5L engine will come in well UNDER 30K MSRP.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:25 PM

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada
george, i base my opinions on that site on the people who are the most active.."be judged by those with whom you keep company". one of the most active rumor-posters over there is nothing more than a 19 year old lot boy at a dodge dealership. he used to post frequently at one of my other sites, claiming information as his own, when we found that he was just copying information from the dodge media site and putting his name on it.
I don't think how "active" a poster is has much to do with how "accurate the information may be. Sometimes less active posters come up with the best info. I've seen some of the posts that you are referring to, they often contain a lot of incorrect information. The posts are sometimes written from the angle that the information is confirmed or "official" when it's actually not. Unfortunately the info gets repeated everywhere and a lot of people will believe it. As "Allpar Bob" used to say, "it ain't official until it's official".
Old 09-22-2007, 11:24 PM

MSRP is not relevant. Price you pay is.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:39 AM

ORIGINAL: awsure

MSRP is not relevant. Price you pay is.
Sure it's relevant, it is the most common "reference point" used in negotiating a price. The best reference point of course is dealer invoice. Anyone out there who cannot negotiate an under-MSRP deal on a Challenger during calendar year 2008 is not a very savy buyer IMO.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:33 AM

IMVHO - If you think you are going to get this very limited number production car in year one for under MSRP, you need to up the dose on your medication.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

IMVHO - If you think you are going to get this very limited number production car in year one for under MSRP, you need to up the dose on your medication.
"Very limited"? SRT models, absolutely; other models like the base V6 and R/T, not so "limited". I also said "calendar year 2008" which means 2009 models as well. By this time next year production should be rolling right along.

Quick Reply: What is the expected price for the Challenger?