Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

What is the expected price for the Challenger?

Old 12-12-2007, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the expected price for the Challenger?

With jobs becoming scarcer in Detroit, I'd be very surprised that someone would risk theirs to put out info without the blessing of their superiors. This is all done to keep interest up. Make you feel like you're getting the inside scoop.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

Base- $37, 320 MSRP $34,803 Dealer Cost

Perf. Tires- $50 $46

MyGIG Multimedia- $890 $819

Gas Guzzler Tax- $2,100 $2,163

Destination-$675 $675

Total- $41,985 $40,027 (Difference= $1,958)

Most of the information on our site is available directly from Dodge but not necessarily the dealerships. They seem to be the last to know.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

In deed Jeremiah, the lion's share of feedback from those ordering or inquiring about information related to ordering before, was that the many of the dealers knew less than did we.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:30 AM

Well I plan on buying in 2010. The only way for me to do this is to have at least $20K cash to put down. So I'm busy saving around 8-10 a year right now. Trying hard to make this happen.

40 g's is about my limit. If I'm lucky by 2010 maybe prices will have settled down to 36-38. Would be nice. You can dream right? lol
Old 12-13-2007, 05:25 PM

Just ordered mine last night. Here in Pittsburgh the price is 40k and the dealer added 10 just because they can.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

You might even find some people who are not insanely committed to this vehicle like the all us lunatics here. So maybe some guy with more money than passion, gets swept up in the craze buys an 08 or 09 and falls out of love? Maybe you get a low mileage more reasonably price used one? Could happen! I may even hit autotrader in mid 09 (just to make sure there aren't any out there)

Old 12-13-2007, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

I am certainly a Challenger lunatic and certainly a lot of it is because I owned what was known as the baddest Musclecar on the planet.

So I have a lot of previous emotion on this car and they are building it again......and oh by the way it is a better, faster, more powerful car.

“Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world’s baddest car. Dodge Challenger will be that car. Better than it was before. Better. Stronger. Faster.”
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:37 AM

And here I am, a generation behind, or more, continuing the legacy. I never had the chance to own one of these nice cars and I'm sorry that I missed that period.

I would love to say that I still own one of these cars today, but probably like most people I wouldn't think about keeping it that long, that it would become such a collectors car in the future. I love it when I see a Charger, or any other muscle car, around here. I saw two recently which shocked the heck out of me, both Chargers. One was in pretty sad shaped, owned by the daughter of a man that repainted the car and did a horrible job on it. The work that needed to be done on this car was extreme, though the body wasn't bad nor the interior, but when she tried to fire it up, it took it some time. Once it did fire up though, oh it was nice. It's amazing back in the day that those little tail pipes put out so much noise. Was that do to lack of a cat or was it something else? Oh, I would love to have that car even though I would be all over the roads in the winter.

I saw my second one just going through neighborhoods looking for a house to buy. I was shocked to see these so close toghether, time frame wise, right in front of me, but out of my reach. I wish I had a camera for both of those that's for sure. Loved them.

Now we come to present time. It may not be like it was back in the day, the comforts were probably not the best, the seatbelts and body of the car made crashing very dangerous, though the car would come out fine, the Mustangs would blow up if hit from behind, but I would still take one. I don't even car what it was, Mustang, Challenge/Charger or Camaro, back in the day, but present time I would only own a Mustang and Challenger because these two to me are the only ones that really carry on the heritage. Change the name of the Camaro and I may considering owning that, but not as a legacy car.

It's not quite the same, but I'm very thankful that I get a chance to own something that is going to be a piece of history. I'm hoping that I will be able to make this my last car that's for sure, but we'll see with my collection that I already have had in the past. With some luck I'll be able to continue this legacy with my children and they will have an appreciation for the muscle cars of today and of yesterday.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah, what you state really resonates. While the Mustang is a beautiful car (not just placating Albeeno or any other Mustang enthusiasts on the board) the Challenger will probably not be produced in the large numbers, which, to me, makes it a little more special. It's fun being a fan of the other American car company!

Old 12-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator

the Challenger will probably not be produced in the large numbers, which, to me, makes it a little more special. It's fun being a fan of the other American car company!
I feel special already just reading that.

The few, the proud the, Dodge Challenger.

Quick Reply: What is the expected price for the Challenger?