Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

What is the expected price for the Challenger?

Old 12-23-2007, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the expected price for the Challenger?

I would tend not to go since he is a dealership, he really doesn't know anything, especially if they are not 5 star dealerships.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:48 AM

They are a 5 star, whatever that means..
Old 12-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Google it and let me know.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:24 AM
mac

Point regarding original post

I agree about the lack of experience, huge cost of insurance and the actual price of the car for a 16 year old. However he might have very wealthy parents (powerball winners) and don't care about the bottom line, however I would want the safety of my son to come first regardless of my income.

You know what is ironic? In another year, he could join the Army and be driving a M1A1 Abrams tank or be a ground pounder and get shot at. In that case he can have any challenger he wants. I joined the Army at 17, 101st Airborne, but luckily no wars going on during my enlistment.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:18 AM

Koons in Falls Church VA
Old 12-23-2007, 05:57 PM

Earnhardts Gilbert Dodge is a 5 star. I live in Tuscon AZ and had had a bad dealing with them. Earnharts has dealerships in all the brands. The problem here in southern AZ is a lot and I mean a lot of deep deep pockets and they make it harder on the average worker to get a good deal. All the acters, big busness people, big name doc. and there sommer homes down here push prices on things like the Challenger threw the roof for us working men.
Old 12-24-2007, 04:51 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

Dodge Dealer Public Robbery Don’t let it Happen

I went by the dealership shown below yesterday to ask about the Challenger. The guy’s story was in conflict with everything I’ve seen from Chrysler that I had to ask, where do you get your information? Here a list of what was the most shocking.
I would not buy a car from this guy if he was the last SOB selling the last car on earth.
Earnhardts Gilbert Dodge
1301 N. Arizona Ave
Gilbert, Az 85233
1. The initial release will only be 3000 cars.
2. He is getting 11 of those cars.
3. The cars being built as 2009 not 2008 cars.
4. The next release will not be until the 2010 build.
5. He is selling the cars with a $20K premium.
a. A $37k CAR WITH A $20k MARKUP. HE MUST BE SMOKING DOPE!!! I’LL BUY A DAMN FORD MUSTAND FIRST.
6. There are only two options, sunroof and MP3 player.
7. There are only two (2) colors orange and black.

Ok, so he is confused or the public has been lied to. The part that should concern the buying public and Chrysler the most the $20K markup. If Chrysler really wants to sell this car in meaningful numbers, it better reel the dealerships in. That story about they can not control the dealerships is silly. Nissan has formally released a statement from its Headquarters that it will take the necessary action to prevent dealerships from overcharging for their soon to be released GTR. If the import guys can do it, so can Chrysler, if they really want to...
I wish Nissan luck in this...and I'm not completely boned up on this, but I would imagine Nissan may hits some FTC rules on price fixing etc. We did a business study way back in the dizzy on McDonalds. They wanted to force franchise owners to buy only from them (perfectly good reason, the success of the franchise is hinged primarily on the consistency of the food being served, reasonable, right?) the FTC ruled that the franchise owners were free to buy, specifically, french fries from anyone as long as the quality was there. To remain consistent to this approach, you'll see McDonald's commercials say in reference to price promotions, etc. "At participating McDonalds". It's because the McDonalds Corporation isn't allowed to dictate terms of sales. Now, this is over 15 year or so, but having the company be able to "fix prices" even if it were protecting the consumer, might (as ridiculous as it might seem) not be allowed. I invite anyone with more knowledge on FTC practice to correct and comment, I haven't boned up on it in quite a while.

Old 12-24-2007, 08:07 AM

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

Dodge Dealer Public Robbery Don’t let it Happen

I went by the dealership shown below yesterday to ask about the Challenger. The guy’s story was in conflict with everything I’ve seen from Chrysler that I had to ask, where do you get your information? Here a list of what was the most shocking.
I would not buy a car from this guy if he was the last SOB selling the last car on earth.
Earnhardts Gilbert Dodge
1301 N. Arizona Ave
Gilbert, Az 85233
1. The initial release will only be 3000 cars.
2. He is getting 11 of those cars.
3. The cars being built as 2009 not 2008 cars.
4. The next release will not be until the 2010 build.
5. He is selling the cars with a $20K premium.
a. A $37k CAR WITH A $20k MARKUP. HE MUST BE SMOKING DOPE!!! I’LL BUY A DAMN FORD MUSTAND FIRST.
6. There are only two options, sunroof and MP3 player.
7. There are only two (2) colors orange and black.

Ok, so he is confused or the public has been lied to. The part that should concern the buying public and Chrysler the most the $20K markup. If Chrysler really wants to sell this car in meaningful numbers, it better reel the dealerships in. That story about they can not control the dealerships is silly. Nissan has formally released a statement from its Headquarters that it will take the necessary action to prevent dealerships from overcharging for their soon to be released GTR. If the import guys can do it, so can Chrysler, if they really want to...
I wish Nissan luck in this...and I'm not completely boned up on this, but I would imagine Nissan may hits some FTC rules on price fixing etc. We did a business study way back in the dizzy on McDonalds. They wanted to force franchise owners to buy only from them (perfectly good reason, the success of the franchise is hinged primarily on the consistency of the food being served, reasonable, right?) the FTC ruled that the franchise owners were free to buy, specifically, french fries from anyone as long as the quality was there. To remain consistent to this approach, you'll see McDonald's commercials say in reference to price promotions, etc. "At participating McDonalds". It's because the McDonalds Corporation isn't allowed to dictate terms of sales. Now, this is over 15 year or so, but having the company be able to "fix prices" even if it were protecting the consumer, might (as ridiculous as it might seem) not be allowed. I invite anyone with more knowledge on FTC practice to correct and comment, I haven't boned up on it in quite a while.
There's not much the corporation can legally do about price gouging at the dealership or 'flipping'. I guess Nissan or Dodge could reduce a dealer allocation to zero at the first instance of price gouging. Or maybe let people order/build their car online or place a deposit on a car at MSRP. Or set up a site at dodge.com where customers mark off which dealers sell at MSRP and which ones are gouging.

I remember when I had a 350Z, some dealers (actually, a lot) tried to price gouge, but it wasn't too hard to call around and find a dealer accepting deposits at MSRP.

The only real solution is to make enough cars to satisfy demand. And rely on the internet to out price-gouging dealers. And hope people aren't dumb enough to fork over $20,000 over MSRP for nothing. But there's always fools out there with more money than sense.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Time for "duh statement of the day" but here goes, the internet is invaluable and has been the great leveler of supply and demand. It is much easier now to find who is willing to do business at levels one has interest in.

If anyone gets screwed these days, it's all their own fault for not doing the most cursory of research. It is an outstanding time to be alive.

I think you have a point w/ online orders and you know the automotive marketing departments have been trying to figure out how to crack this nut. This will be the next "Saturn" revolution...someone will figure the term or premise of "Authorized Receipt Outlet and Service Center" where you buy the car on line for agreed upon price, everything is just J.I.T. in logistics, you order a car, the order goes to the factory, made to your spec, delivered to the place referred to previously, for any of the fees, etc (until of course the states figure they can get an incentive from the mfgr for playing ball and then it becomes ERPed) then like you're saying....

You go to the mfgrs website, spec it out a la "I'll have pepperoni and extra cheese on that", the price is listed at a very reasonable rate, and you drive to your very specialized "service and receivable" location for pickup. Who knows 10 years from now????

Old 01-06-2008, 03:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Edmunds.com has added the 2008 Challenger SRT to its list of new models.

The car has an invoice price of $34,803 and a MSRP of $37,320. As expected, this is almost the same as the 2008 SRT Charger that has an invoice of $33,905 ($898 less)and a MSRP of $36,355 ($965 less).

This information is good to know for those of us who plan to purchase a 2009 model.

Quick Reply: What is the expected price for the Challenger?