Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

What is the expected price for the Challenger?

Old 01-12-2008, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the expected price for the Challenger?

[:@]There's MSRP and then there's the biggest ripoff price we can get.....
I've got $41,ooo to spend and willing to buy or deposit now. Not one single dealer in the New Jersey , eastern Penna area will place a order or take a deposit on a 2008 Challenger. What gives I ask ?? no response even from Chrysler itself when I sent an E-mail asking why?. I think the dealers are ordering them all for themselves using fictitious names and addresses for their order forms just to get the cars in so they can sell them at thier business to the highest bidders!.....What else could it be?....Lots of the dealers told me they were getting 2 or 3 Challengers in but didn't know what the price would be because its would be based on the law of supply and demand. HAAAAA
I am VERY DISSAPPOINTED IN CERABUS, CHRYSLER CORP and DODGE for allowing these gouging pratices to go on! Any thoughts by anybody here feel free to E-mail me at wboyd18993@aol.com. OH and by the way just in case someone says I have my own agenda to get a Challenger.....their right, but this will probably be my last muscle car and I totally intend to drive it, take it to car shows, a little drag racing onn the side and keep it like new to hand down to my great grandson Daniel. He doesn't even know what a car is yet,LOL....that is if I ever can get the chance to buy one, Happy Challenger hunting everyone, Wayne

[IMG]local://upfiles/412/E6413019E49F4876A3E458A5D523C64D.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-12-2008, 05:23 PM

$41K, you will need at least $20K more and good luck finding and honest dealer as they are all crooks. I don't understand why Nissan can stop the excessive dealership markups but Chrysler has said that they have no control. I'm very close to going in another direction..
Old 01-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator

My thoughts is if you can wait until next winter, I believe the consumers will be in a better position than. Be patient and be saving your money.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

$41K, you will need at least $20K more and good luck finding and honest dealer as they are all crooks. I don't understand why Nissan can stop the excessive dealership markups but Chrysler has said that they have no control. I'm very close to going in another direction..
Whether dealers will get away with charging $20+k over sticker for the GTR remains to be seen... I know Nissan said they plan to be vigilant about markups, but I remember that finding a 350Z at MSRP in 2002 and early 2003 was a very hit-or-miss proposition. It seemed to depend on what market you were buying the car... There seemed to be a lot of guging in SoCal, NorCal, Florida, parts of TX, etc. but if you went to someplace like SC or NC, you were more likely to find MSRP dealers. Some would pay MSRP, a few others were paying $40k and a small few even near $50k for theirs. A good number of people paid $2500-$5000 over MSRP. And Nissan was cranking out a lot more Z's than it looks like Dodge is going to do. The one good thing is that people who pre-ordered the car tended to get the car at MSRP. I hope that's what Dodge is doing?
Old 01-23-2008, 02:15 PM

I can't believe Dodge is trying to push this out at 40K+! What are they thinking? You are losing a whole segment of buyers buy pushing it into this category. I really want one, but at 41K+ I have to seriously take a look at a Nissan 350Z. It's only 30 to 32K. I'll wait until 2009 to see how they do with the 6 speed manual, but 41K for just the base model [&:], if you want say air-conditioning or a seat, it's going to end up costing you upwards of 48 to 50K, and that's just stupid, because now you are into the BMW category, and people who are going to spend that kind of money on a Car, are going to buy a BMW or something along those lines. Dodge's market segment was always the blue-collar guys who wanted a car with performance, reliability and it had to be affordable. 41K+ doesn't meet the affordable category. They need to sell this in around the 30-35K range.
41K for this (and the first year isn't even standard transmission) is not a good idea [:@]
Old 01-23-2008, 02:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 2008 SRTs are pretty much loaded. There are only a few options.

For those not willing to pay $40K for an SRT, there will be an R/T and a base V6 models in 2009. Prices should be more affordable- similar to that of the Charger.

The Charger's prices are: $25K 3.5L, $30.6K 5.7L, and $36K 6.1L.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Litning1

I can't believe Dodge is trying to push this out at 40K+! What are they thinking? You are losing a whole segment of buyers buy pushing it into this category. I really want one, but at 41K+ I have to seriously take a look at a Nissan 350Z. It's only 30 to 32K. I'll wait until 2009 to see how they do with the 6 speed manual, but 41K for just the base model [&:], if you want say air-conditioning or a seat, it's going to end up costing you upwards of 48 to 50K, and that's just stupid, because now you are into the BMW category, and people who are going to spend that kind of money on a Car, are going to buy a BMW or something along those lines. Dodge's market segment was always the blue-collar guys who wanted a car with performance, reliability and it had to be affordable. 41K+ doesn't meet the affordable category. They need to sell this in around the 30-35K range.
41K for this (and the first year isn't even standard transmission) is not a good idea [:@]
ORIGINAL: Cuda340
The 2008 SRTs are pretty much loaded. There are only a few options.

For those not willing to pay $40K for an SRT, there will be an R/T and a base V6 models in 2009. Prices should be more affordable- similar to that of the Charger.
Relax, Matt. The SRT8 is the top of the line trim level and is the only available flavor of Challenger for 2008. That's going to comprise all of about 4 months of production. The 2009's will include an entry level (SXT?) Challenger with a 6 cylinder, an R/T with the new/improved 380HP 5.7L HEMI (and optional 6 speed TREMEC manual transmission), as well as the top of the line SRT8 with it's 6.1L, 425HP HEMI in 5 speed autostick or 6 speed TREMEC manual transmission. I'm guessing the prices to start for the base model (SXT?) at around $24K, the R/T should start around $31K, and the SRT8 base price will remain around $38K. Plenty of aftermarket parts will crop up quickly. You can personalize whatever level Challenger you choose to start with.

First time on the track - you jumped the gun and "red lighted". We'll call that your "Mulligan". No harm, no foul.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:09 AM
Super Moderator

First time on the track - you jumped the gun and "red lighted". We'll call that your "Mulligan". No harm, no foul.
Eloquently stated, BC!

Old 01-29-2008, 09:22 AM

BootCamp,

Thanks .
I just get a little passionate when it comes to this car as I'm really looking forward to getting one.
I love my little 5 speed manual neon, and would be really dissapointed if Dodge messes this up.
As it stands right now (because of my neon) they've got a customer for life..IF they don't screw it up.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Litning1

BootCamp,

Thanks .
I just get a little passionate when it comes to this car as I'm really looking forward to getting one.
I love my little 5 speed manual neon, and would be really dissapointed if Dodge messes this up.
As it stands right now (because of my neon) they've got a customer for life..IF they don't screw it up.
I'm looking forward to getting one too, Bud. I don't NEED one - I WANT one.
I'm driving an '01 Cruiser LTD - your car with a different suit on. Good car. Reliable. Handles well. Looks good. BUT sedate and not a REAL reflection of my personality.
The Challenger IS. Bold. Brash. In your face. No apologies. I want it!
I'll be disappointed if they mess it up too. Honestly, I think they understand what we want. If they didn't, they wouldn't have brought it to production.
One more week and we'll know where we stand on our dream - fulfilled, or flattened.

Quick Reply: What is the expected price for the Challenger?