Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

What is the expected price for the Challenger?

Old 12-04-2007, 01:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What is the expected price for the Challenger?

ORIGINAL: WhiteHeat

You're right, Cuda. If the current Charger R/T with 5.7 doesn't carry a GGT then I guess I can rest assured the Challenger won't, either.

I had considered going the used route to avoid the GGT. I even found a steal on a Charger SRT, or some kind of typo. This one is too good to be true. I wonder what's wrong with it?

I guess I can keep the faith until I'm able to buy. Until then I'll just have to live vicariously through all the happy owners on this board!

That price is too good to be true. According to edmunds, the price should be $30,094 (private seller). If a dealer was selling it, he would ask $31,559. I would be very wary of this car. Maybe you should ask if it has a motor!

Searching the VIN#, I found another ad, on CARMAX, for this same car for $35,998. Something is screwy. The ad you saw was from a private seller in TN. This ad is for an SRT in CA with the same VIN. See:

Find Used DODGE CHARGER Cars In Sanger, California on Yahoo! AutosVIN: 2B3LA73WX7H652277, $35998. price. 2143. mileage. 17.16 mi. from ZIP. Dealer. CARMAX. See Our Current Offers. More Photos. 2006. year. Dodge Charger ...

Old 12-04-2007, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Acutally I found out today .....and it hurts me to tell you this but me at 47 wont be buying one anytime soon.......the dealer in elk grove california is asking 58,995 for the new challengers
Old 12-04-2007, 08:08 PM

That's a 50% mark-up over MSPR. I'll be waiting also.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:14 PM

Searching the VIN#, I found another ad, on CARMAX, for this same car for $35,998. Something is screwy. The ad you saw was from a private seller in TN. This ad is for an SRT in CA with the same VIN. See:

Find Used DODGE CHARGER Cars In Sanger, California on Yahoo! AutosVIN: 2B3LA73WX7H652277, $35998. price. 2143. mileage. 17.16 mi. from ZIP. Dealer. CARMAX. See Our Current Offers. More Photos. 2006. year. Dodge Charger ...
This keeps gettin' weirder. I found the one you're talking about. The Yahoo! page no longer has it, but it shows up in the Google cache. It was in Sanger, CA with 2143 miles, now it's in Dunlap, TN with 1675 miles. They must have driven it to Tennessee backwards!

PS To All: Sorry about the off topic post. We now return you to your normal programming.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:19 AM

Here is a further explanation about the calculation of the gas guzzler tax:

As many of you already know, the EPA has revised its testing procedures for the 2008 models. This has created a fear that even the 5.7 Hemi would be subject to the dreaded gas guzzler tax (i.e., $2,000) based on its advertised EPA 15 city, 23 highway mileage.

Rest assured that this will not happen. Apparently, the car manufacturers are able to use higher mileage figures based on the following:

"EPA studies indicate that vehicles driven by typical drivers under typical road conditions get approximately 90 percent of the laboratory test-based city miles per gallon (mpg) value and approximately 78 percent of laboratory highway mpg value. This difference is referred to as “in-use shortfall.” To account for the in-use shortfall, the city and highway mpg values listed in Fuel Economy Guide and shown on fuel economy labels are multiplied by 0.90 for the city test and 0.78 for the highway test. However, the combined city and highway fuel economy that is used to determine tax liability is not adjusted to account for in-use shortfall, so it is higher than the mpg values provided in the Fuel Economy Guide (www.fueleconomy.gov) and posted on the window stickers of new vehicles."
Old 12-06-2007, 12:12 PM

so what do we think the price will be for the R/T 31 grand and the V6 sxt 24 grand?

Old 12-06-2007, 01:40 PM

Just saw this today at www.redetterdodge.com

http://www.redletterdodge.com/?pid=e...etterDodgeBody

This is a dispatch from within the company that we’re offering up to you folks to enjoy…more to come. –RLD

You want popular? Try the all-new 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8. Just in the first day of orders, more than 4,300 people plunked down a deposit for the American muscle coupe. And more than 6,000 have made deposits with dealers by hopeful buyers since orders opened on Monday, months before the limited-edition Challenger SRT8 goes into production.

“This is unprecedented,” said Mark Mallie, Challenger Brand Manager – Dodge Marketing. “Customers were actually coming to us and pushing us, so we thought this was a good time to take pre-sale orders.”

Orders are still coming in – long before enthusiasts have even seen the car. They’ll have to wait until the production Dodge Challenger SRT8 makes its debut at the Chicago Auto Show next February. But there’s no surprise about the benchmark performance of the Challenger SRT8. Each is powered by a 6.1 Liter SRT HEMI ® V8 engine, and features a numbered dash plaque, plus dual “carbon-fiber” look hood stripes that harken back to the original Dodge Challenger.

The car is available in black, silver or HEMI orange.

“More than half of the orders are HEMI Orange,” Mallie said. “It’s been almost 35 years since the last Challenger, and there’s a lot of interest. There’s a lot of people anxious for it. It’s certainly an iconic muscle car.”

The manufacturer’s suggested retail price is $40,095 excluding tax (base price of $37,320, destination of $675 and a gas guzzler tax of $2100). Remember – this is a SRT, delivering top-of-the-line performance, world-class ride and handling, benchmark braking and a race-inspired interior.

The muscle car wars start next spring, when deliveries begin for the Challenger SRT8.

Old 12-11-2007, 04:49 PM

Another site has posted an actual dealer invoice for a 2008 Challenger. It reflects the following:

Base- $37, 320 MSRP $34,803 Dealer Cost

Perf. Tires- $50 $46

MyGIG Multimedia- $890 $819

Gas Guzzler Tax- $2,100 $2,163

Destination-$675 $675

Total- $41,985 $40,027 (Difference= $1,958)
Old 12-12-2007, 04:05 AM

you gotta wonder if all this info that is slowly coming out about the challenger is being leaked on purpose by chrysler
Old 12-12-2007, 04:31 AM
Super Moderator

It does make one wonder how much is leaked in a clandestine way with the full blessing of Mother Mopar.

Quick Reply: What is the expected price for the Challenger?