Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

When to order my new Challenger

Old 10-31-2007, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When to order my new Challenger

First of all I'd like to ask any administrator to add this post to the right subject so I don't break any rules or step on anyones toes, OK. In the last several months I've visited 3 Dodge dealers in Penna, 2 in Delaware and 9 here in New Jersey to try and get some info, get on a waiting order list and/or even give a substantial deposit on a new Dodge Challenger. Every one of them had no info to give, would not take any kind of deposit at all and could not or would not put me on any waiting list. Now I know I will have to make up my own mind when to try again and I must be patient but its getting very frustrating and I am getting discouraged. So may I ask for some help in the form of suggestions. ideas or tips that all you Mopar fans and dealer savy members may have to give me on when to go back to try and buy that new Challenger. And don't worry , I don't want to steal any connections, friends, relatives or whatever you may have to get your own Challenger. Just a friendly chat or E-mail with any help or suggestions you may have to renew my enthusiasm in going into a dearship again. Please feel free to E-mail me at wboyd18993@aol.com or post on here. Thanks for your help and Happy Challenger days ahead!!!!!!!!![>:]
Old 10-31-2007, 04:26 PM

Default RE: When to order my new Challenger

This is my "home page" in my browser. When the clock reads 0 days, 0 hours and 0 minutes, I'll "consider" seeing my dealer. No point (for me) until then.
http://www.dodgechallengercountdown.com/

Of course if you're willing to be gouged and have the money (say, MSRP + $10,000.00?), you could start visiting dealerships a few weeks before that.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:48 AM

Go pick up a 2007 Shelby GT500 instead if you can't wait it out. It will probably be the roughly the same cost as a new Challenger will be (give or take) and I'm sure the Challenger will look real cute in your rearview mirror!

ORIGINAL: fatcat

First of all I'd like to ask any administrator to add this post to the right subject so I don't break any rules or step on anyones toes, OK. In the last several months I've visited 3 Dodge dealers in Penna, 2 in Delaware and 9 here in New Jersey to try and get some info, get on a waiting order list and/or even give a substantial deposit on a new Dodge Challenger. Every one of them had no info to give, would not take any kind of deposit at all and could not or would not put me on any waiting list. Now I know I will have to make up my own mind when to try again and I must be patient but its getting very frustrating and I am getting discouraged. So may I ask for some help in the form of suggestions. ideas or tips that all you Mopar fans and dealer savy members may have to give me on when to go back to try and buy that new Challenger. And don't worry , I don't want to steal any connections, friends, relatives or whatever you may have to get your own Challenger. Just a friendly chat or E-mail with any help or suggestions you may have to renew my enthusiasm in going into a dearship again. Please feel free to E-mail me at wboyd18993@aol.com or post on here. Thanks for your help and Happy Challenger days ahead!!!!!!!!![>:]
Old 11-01-2007, 12:49 PM

I'm sure it would because you would have to tape a picture of it there right now since it isn't out.

Honestly though, the dealer doesn't really have any information yet as Chrysler seems to be keeping the information on this car very quiet. When that clock reaches zero is probably when you have the best chance of doing anything. Of course you probably won't have many options other then trying to get your hands on one. We know the powertrain option that you have on this car and I'm sure pretty much all of them are going to be the same color, Hemi Orange.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:17 PM

My import can beat your "current car" so I know my new Challenger will not have any problem with a stand on roids.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not wait an extra 6 months and get a 2009? They will probably be cheaper (MSRP or less) with more options, like a 6-speed manual and possibly a 6.4 Hemi. That is my plan.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:49 PM

[:-]Thats not a bad idea, but I'm not sure I can wait, LOL Although it would be the smart thing to do , hmmmmmmmm??? OH!! but wait , I've talked the little woman into "letting" me get this and I hear all the 50000 first Challengers will be the STR-8 model with the 426 Hemi in them, with like 400 HP, and the wife don't know that. I'd be in trouble if she did !! Oh what a delemma I've created for myself!! Oh well no need to worry as I'll probably not be able to get my hands on one anyway since all the rich guys will buy them up and store them away for profit in the future.......I INTEND TO DRIVE MINE!!!! ....you see if I get my hands on one, I'm able to buy it, as I've saved for years and this will be my last car. I've always dreamed of having a true muscle car and I'm retired in the winter of my years but I still have summer in my heart , so heres hoping and keeping my fingers crossed. thanks guys for your replies, FATCAT
Old 11-06-2007, 09:28 AM

The 2008 Challenger SRT will not have a 426 c.i. engine. It will be a 6.1 liter Hemi with 425 hp. and only 5,000 will be built the first year.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:55 AM

Not to change the thread.
There is now a stroker kit you can buy and make your hemi a 426ci, I think Indy heads makes it.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:41 AM

That is true, I read it on Charger Forums. They took a 5.7 and stroked it. From what I read MDS system still worked and the engine pushed some major ponies. Now its one bad puppy. The after market is catching up to the HEMIs and when the Challenger gets here we will have options. I hear some good things on plug in engine managment systems and TTI headers and a slew of open element air cleaners and air tubes. We are at the tip of the iceberg and good things are coming our way

Quick Reply: When to order my new Challenger