Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Who has a 2008 Challenger on order? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2008-challenger-order-2467/)

shaky-2 05-20-2008 06:12 PM

RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

JUST GOT BACK FROM TAKEING PIC'S AS SOON AS I FIGURE OUT HOT TO POST THEM I'LL PUT THEM ON HERE FOR YOU TO SEE.

BUDMAN 05-20-2008 06:41 PM

OK here is some info that my sources are telling me. They are still working two shifts and building about 500 cars per shift = 1000 a day. When they were running three shifts they were building 1368 cars a day. They are building a challenger every 20 cars. It slows the line down to do any more as they work the bugs out due to the roof line, windshield, car length, drive train and different SRT setup than Charger and 300 it takes more time and they want a quality car going out. They have released a couple of hundred but did not know if they have shipped. I still could not get any info on how they are doing the numbers. Also they are very happy with there new union contract they say they got a better deal than the UAW did in the USA.

1971cuda convert 05-20-2008 06:44 PM

Hey Budman whats the chance of geting us the badge numbers off say all 200 or so challengers they built :D. IM sure we could find some way of repaying you :eek: .Really any badge numbers would be great .I was hopeing for the 07 badge number but we can all dream [sm=ts.gif]. Thanks for all the help

Budman thanks for the update know thats out of the way .[sm=rant.gif] Thats only about 50 cars a day in challengers being built . Someone needs to figure out the proublems and start cranking 500 cars a day so we can have our cars .

shaky-2 05-20-2008 08:07 PM

OK I TRYED EVERYTHING GUYS TO PUT THESE PIC'S ON HERE SO YOU CAN SEE THEM SO I DID THE NEXT BEST THING I SENT THEM TO JOANI HOPEFULY SHE CAN POST THEM FOR YA SORRY.

Billionaire 05-21-2008 01:37 AM

ORIGINAL: shaky-2

OK YOUR NOT GONNA BELIVE THIS I JUST GOT TO SEE 2 BLACK CHALLENGERS THAT ARE GONNA BE IN A MOVIE HERE WERE I LIVE 1 IS AN 08 AND 1 IS A 09 I CALLED JOANI AND TOLD HER SHE ASKED FOR THE VIN'S AND TOLD ME THEIR BEING DESTROYED FOR THIS MOVIE THE 08 HAD BADGE #7 . BOTH WERE REALLY DUSTY FROM RUNNING ON THE DIRT ROADS OUT HERE I LIVE IN THE DESERT IN SO CALIF 29 PALMS TO BE EXACT IT'S OVER 100 DEGREES OUT HERE RIGHT NOW AND I HAD COLD CHILLES RUNNING THREW ME IT WAS SO SEET TO SEE. KNOW I KNOW HAT TO LOOK FORWARD TO WHEN MINE COMES IN.
Please use more periods, commas, and proper punctuation.
Please stop typing in all capital letters.
This type of post drives me crazy and is a pain to read.

mopar2ya 05-21-2008 04:05 AM

ORIGINAL: Billionaire

ORIGINAL: shaky-2

OK YOUR NOT GONNA BELIVE THIS I JUST GOT TO SEE 2 BLACK CHALLENGERS THAT ARE GONNA BE IN A MOVIE HERE WERE I LIVE 1 IS AN 08 AND 1 IS A 09 I CALLED JOANI AND TOLD HER SHE ASKED FOR THE VIN'S AND TOLD ME THEIR BEING DESTROYED FOR THIS MOVIE THE 08 HAD BADGE #7 . BOTH WERE REALLY DUSTY FROM RUNNING ON THE DIRT ROADS OUT HERE I LIVE IN THE DESERT IN SO CALIF 29 PALMS TO BE EXACT IT'S OVER 100 DEGREES OUT HERE RIGHT NOW AND I HAD COLD CHILLES RUNNING THREW ME IT WAS SO SEET TO SEE. KNOW I KNOW HAT TO LOOK FORWARD TO WHEN MINE COMES IN.
Please use more periods, commas, and proper punctuation.
Please stop typing in all capital letters.
This type of post drives me crazy and is a pain to read.

Easy now billionaire... take it easy on the kid... he is obviously excited... you can tell by the way he is shouting and not pausing to take a breath. Under the rare condition of spotting not 1... but 2 challengers, I think I can understand... :D

dcxfan 05-21-2008 05:40 AM

Be nice Billinaire----this is not english class now----here one of the picks from shaky
at least he is excited about seeing the cars and is sharing with us while we are still waiting to see our first in person
Shaky i need to get with my it guy to do figure this one out---i have a meeting today, i will work on it later
thanks for the pics Joani

mopar4me2 05-21-2008 05:59 AM

yeah im a member of the D1 club wahooo! oh boy oh boy oh boy[8D]

08Chally500 05-21-2008 06:37 AM

Hi everyone, i'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I'm from Ontario Canada and here is what I know to date:
I have a 08 Challenger on order, and I was put on a VIP list and guaranteed one of the first 500 cars.
I believe it's only available in Canada, but my Purchase Agreement shows the option: AA9 Challenger 500 Group.
The SRT8 500 is only available for 2008, and includes a certificate of authenticity, carbon fibre hood striples, Kicker 13-speaker audio, 6-disc DVD radio, UConnect, alarm, and special grille badging; it's a limited edition available only in Canada.
It did cost me an extra $2,000.00 for this option. (oh well, gotta go for it)
I'm told by someone high up at Chrysler Canada in Windsor Ontario that I will have my car by mid to end of June.
Also, have any of you seen the new Team Challenger Hats and Jackets? My dealer has them displayed and they are sweet!

Anyways, that's about it for now, i'll keep you posted when I find out more.

Love the Site!

70sguy 05-21-2008 07:56 AM

08 Chally,

They are only supposed to build 500 08 srt challenger 500's in Canada. Just thought you should know.