Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Who has a 2008 Challenger on order? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2008-challenger-order-2467/)

halsflying 05-15-2008 04:31 PM

RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Truely good thing are worth waiting for I'm sure you can get your Honda Accord today though. Remember when your going down the road in your honda and get passed by a Challenger that you would not give a dime for it.

snooter 05-15-2008 04:42 PM

best vehicle i ever owned was my 2001 ram...still have it...love that truck...obviously cerbus has it in for me and all the rest of the faithful mopar owners...im not coming back...this whole chally thing is a complete fiasco..what good is a customer service line if you know more then them?...something is very wrong at cerbus....

robertdodel 05-15-2008 04:44 PM

AMEN BROTHER

Andre@Edge 05-15-2008 04:47 PM

It is kind of funny Hal....

We all want the car, but we want it done right and shipped early. Many paid over msrp or ordered from another state and yet the lack of news drives us crazy. All hotrod mag's have done a spread, and all who review the beast say only good things..... Through all this we vent for lack of news?

Dodge has built a machine that converts Chevy, and Ford Mustang owners alike.

It would seem that Dodge is messing up, but anything I have read stated "coming 6/08"

MILLIONS wait to just SEE the car in the wild.... The lucky few will drive one.

Blame Cerbus, but they sure are getting a ton of press for little monies spent.

Billionaire 05-15-2008 05:03 PM

best vehicle i ever owned was my 2001 ram...still have it...love that truck...obviously cerbus has it in for me and all the rest of the faithful mopar owners...im not coming back...this whole chally thing is a complete fiasco..what good is a customer service line if you know more then them?...something is very wrong at cerbus....
Be patient, guys. It'll be worth the extra time for Dodge to make these cars perfect before they ship them to you. In every business, there are unexpected delays. I appreciate very much that they care about doing a good job and getting it right and are taking the time to do so. One thing that really tends to torque me off is when someone is a screw-up who doesn't care about doing a good job. I really get disgusted at people like that.

halsflying 05-15-2008 05:07 PM

We all want are cars as soon as posible. All we can do is wait and get-er-done. The hype and delays only helps the one that paying over MSRP. The harder to get something the more people want it. When we finaily get are cars all of this will be forgotten. If we did not have this fourm we would just be dumb fat and happy waiting on our new car. But this fourm is fun and passes the time till the car gets here. I enjoy reading everybodys comments good or bad, knowing were going to get a wonderfull car in the end.

DK challenger 05-15-2008 05:25 PM

Billionaire is right, we need to be patient. Dodge never said that we would get our challengers this soon. And anyone thats wants to buy sissy Honda or Toyota can do that, but since you live in America you should buy an American car so the U.S. will get the money.

70sguy 05-15-2008 05:25 PM

You know the wait wouldn't be a wait at all if they built the cars in the order they were ordered. Everyone could & would live with that. But when you see the cars being posted with a much higher vin # in advance of the lower vin #, one can't help but wonder and feel shafted. I for one agree with fairness and free enterprise, but this is bull. There is no way, shape or form VIN # 290XXX comes before 289XXX unless someone went to a different school than I did. I was at dodge before they opened on 12/3. I understand I'm not first, but how many dodge dealers are out there? I was the first at my dodge dealership and another one that played stupid and couldn't order me a car. Every dealership was guarranteed a car. No matter what these cars should be first. Dealerships that order multiple cars should follow same precedent. No one knows the real truth but you can feel the bumping going on, you don't have to be that intelligent to recognize it.

gasman5 05-15-2008 05:52 PM

I feel for all you guys, have been watching all posts waiting for some good news. Trying to sell my 72 chev pickup to get in the race. I've got the stash but wheres the cars?

04RAMSRT10 05-15-2008 05:56 PM

Tell it 70,and the delays are not the problem. The issues are the facts that surround this process. Does a guy that order his car on 12/7 and has a 292xxx vin have better money than mine. I for one and Chrysler for 2 know what I have bought and own. Another fact is that this customer service is horrible. They have either no information or wrong information. The employee that knows anything must be on vacation. If there are delays then tells us customers,
email is free and of little or no expense to the company and would go a long way toward fixing this. However, through it all I want the car and if I can't have one of the first few I had just as soon have number 6400. I #6400 should have most of the kinks worked out and be close to perfect.