Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Who has a 2008 Challenger on order? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2008-challenger-order-2467/)

halsflying 05-15-2008 01:14 PM

RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

My salesman called this afternoon and said he found out the ship date for mine 8h289529 is 06-02. about 2 1/2 weeks.

04RAMSRT10 05-15-2008 01:34 PM

I finally got a response from Dodge by email. I requested the build and delivery date.
This is so darn funny. The information I requested is either not available or proprietary. WHAT THE HECK?
I think we can all spell big joke.

RRUNNER 05-15-2008 01:43 PM

Oh, it's proprietary all right...they don't want you to know.:D

ORIGINAL: 04RAMSRT10

I finally got a response from Dodge by email. I requested the build and delivery date.
This is so darn funny. The information I requested is either not available or proprietary. WHAT THE HECK?
I think we can all spell big joke.

04RAMSRT10 05-15-2008 01:50 PM

I bet when they ship that car to the dealer they will want the money, what ya think!

snooter 05-15-2008 02:06 PM

this is getting uglier by the day..i swear i am going to either buy a honda accord or some high mileage yoda..i am thru with american car companies..i feel for you guys who paid in full the costs of your chally...but how in the heck can a build date be top secret?..that just floors myself and is another indication that the big 3 do not care about customers and have refused to learn the lesson of the past 30 years...all of em are still stuck in the 60's..

robertdodel 05-15-2008 02:56 PM

GO AHEAD SNOOTER THEM DAMN HONDAS RUN FOREVER AND A DAY. I SPENT THE DAY PUTING BRAKES ON THE OLD LADY' CAR TODAY JUST TO WORK OUT MY FRUSTRATION NOW I HAVE TO PICK UP MY TOOLS THAT I WAS THROWING AROUND THE GARAGE
WELL THAT IS ONE JOB DONE OFF THE LIST .....OF PROMISES THAT I MADE TO HER BUT SHE UNDERSTANDS, SHE IS A MOPAR FREAK LIKE THE REST OR US

04RAMSRT10 05-15-2008 03:59 PM

I am past being anger about the piece of sheet metal and plastic. There was a reason I wanted hisdarn car and I have waited most of my life and a few more weeks won't kill me. However, it really makes me wonder if anyone at Dodge has a clue. I really believe that there is so much information under cover that few if any can get an answer. On this site and others we have wondered how the build order is being determined. At first we thought color, options, date of order, vin sequence or other logical assumptions. None of these are correct. I have observed that many of you have been given a build date after your dealer went through the regional manager. I asked a few questions today and light may have come through. It is a bribe system.
The dealer calls, the RM says, I don't know, he makes few calls, and gets back with the dealer.
It goes something like this, the date is 6/0x if you order this, this and that. That is why 292xxx is built before 289xxx. My dealer refuses to play the game, I wish Dodge would call me, I may want this, this, and that but the process is like dishonest politicians. I won't mention any name ablut that, pick one yourself.

Andre@Edge 05-15-2008 04:09 PM

I would be willing to bet that most if not all are built before the first week in January........ Tha does not explane the way Dodge has treated the customer, or how it makes the dealer look bad, but that's the bet.

snooter 05-15-2008 04:15 PM

well..you can see how cerbus does business...and they wont get one dime of my money....i was as exited as can be about the 2009 ram...no more...my $$$$ is going elsewhere...i had my heart set on a 2010 chally vert.....oh well..too bad for cerbus.....

robertdodel 05-15-2008 04:30 PM

THE SAD FACT IS MOST OF US WANT THIS CAR BECAUSE WE ONCE OWNED ONE OR NOW CAN AFFORD ONE THAT IS BRAND NEW AND NOT A 1970 BASKET CASE (NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT ) WE JUST WANT A HONEST ANSWER REGARDLESS OF WHAT WE DECIDE AFTER WE GET THE ANSWER..WAIT FOR THE 09 GO BUY A HONDA OR YODA WHATEVER ..MOST OF US HAS SUPPORTED DODGE SINCE ??????????? I HAVE SINCE THE LATE 70'S AND EARLY 80'S WHEN THEY MIGHT NOT HAVE MADE PAYROLL THAT WEEK.NOW HERE WE ARE MONEY IN HAND DROOLING LIKE A BUNCH OF 10 YEAR OLDS LOOKING AT AT OUR FIRST PLAYBOY AND STLL LEFT HOLDING IT YOUR HAND SAYING "WHAT THE F..."