Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Who has a 2008 Challenger on order? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2008-challenger-order-2467/)

RRUNNER 04-11-2008 09:14 AM

RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

You're right on 66Cuda. Chrysler should be trumpeting this car and what do we get...silence. It started with the brochure they put out. My dealer, who had allocation for nine SRT's got one brochure...ONE, and someone at the dealer pilfered that one, so no one got to see it. Would it have been terribly inexpensive to print 10K of this brochure and make sure everyone that bought the car got one, plus a few for the dealers to show to potential customers? The people that are buying this vehicle are probably the biggest MOPAR fans, and they treat us like this. No wonder this company is in trouble.

1971cuda convert 04-11-2008 12:14 PM

I called the 800 number today and IM still in D status the carazy lady who couldnt speak english was wrong about the shiping date .I also ask about a delay in building and this very nice lady Christy said she wasnt aware of any delays but I should check with my dealer . I called him and he said he was unaware of any changes and hadnt recieved any changes .So its the whole hurry and and wait forever because the boys at dodge dont think enough of there customers to keep us informed. Is it me or is this starting to get old about never geting information .

tupperware 04-11-2008 12:49 PM

my oh my, aren't the faithful getting restless???

Dodge told us from the start that we would not have cars until April of 2008. It's only the 11th. There are no delays, there is no lack of information, and unfortunately, there is no lack of people who dont know what they are talking about. Too bad they keep talking. Ignore all of the posts that include "I heard" or "I was told" or " I know a guy who works at XXX and he said" and stick to the Dodge press releases... As far as your dealer is concerned, the Challenger is just another car... they order it, Dodge builds it, it ships, they sell it... When the cars are on the lot, they will have tons of info and brochures (if you dont believe me, go in and ask about the new Dodge Journey). It is great that Dodge even takes our calls and has a customer service center...from a business standpoint we are not their customers, the dealers are...if your dealership doesnt meet your needs with regard to providing information, find a different one....

step back, take a deep breath...if you need to keep yourself busy to pass the time while you wait, volunteer somewhere.....

Paladin06 04-11-2008 01:10 PM

So why should I NOT ignore what you just stated??

ORIGINAL: tupperware

Dodge told us from the start that we would not have cars until April of 2008. It's only the 11th. There are no delays, there is no lack of information, and unfortunately, there is no lack of people who dont know what they are talking about. Too bad they keep talking. Ignore all of the posts that include "I heard" or "I was told" or " I know a guy who works at XXX and he said" and stick to the Dodge press releases... As far as your dealer is concerned, the Challenger is just another car... they order it, Dodge builds it, it ships, they sell it... When the cars are on the lot, they will have tons of info and brochures (if you dont believe me, go in and ask about the new Dodge Journey). It is great that Dodge even takes our calls and has a customer service center...from a business standpoint we are not their customers, the dealers are...if your dealership doesnt meet your needs with regard to providing information, find a different one....

step back, take a deep breath...if you need to keep yourself busy to pass the time while you wait, volunteer somewhere.....

RRUNNER 04-11-2008 01:49 PM

Tupperware, I admit you have a point but some people's frustration level may be higher than yours. When Paladin06 say he talked to his dealer and the director of sales who says there is a delay I had to check it out. Paladin06 has no reason to lie, he just got bad info.

Since you are giving advice I'd like to give you some. With a name like tupperware, which is some kind of plastic tableware, don't go messing with a guy named Paladin, a gun for hire. :D

fatcat 04-11-2008 02:41 PM

My " DEAR " tupperware you just have to be someone who works for the factory or a frustrated dealer bcause if you where an actual consumer on our end then you'd be well aware of all the noinformation, untimelyinformation and misinformation many of us are getting! When you ACTUALLY experience first hand as I have then we may tend to listen to what your OPINIONS are. If truly interested in our alleged wrong impatince then go back and read a few of my posts> If not then Listen up! Ive waited patiently for over 2 years for this car or any info and have contacted 37 dealers in the Tri state area of NY,NJ,PA with the cash to buy a Challenger outright and not 1 single dealer would sell me one , take a deposit, or write any kind of an order> Even though ALL of them already knew they were going to sell this car at a very high preium! Recently I " heard" on this forum about Challenger info and brochures and lo and behold someone from this forum sends me some info on the 2009 model and another member tells me about a 2009 Challenger brochure on E-Bay for sale. This is after I E-mail Dodge and Chrysler Corp asking for a Brochure and them telling me that they don't reconize any forum sites and they have no brochures. So I recontact several of the dealers that I previously contacted and they give me the same story as far as the no brochures. But there they are on E-Bay an official 2009 Dodge Challenger Sales brochure for $9.99 plus $4.50 s/h. Maybe you should keep busy checking your facts first before opening mouth and inserting foot. I've found a lot of good honest people on here ready and willing to help and not many at all that are honest and truthfull in the factory end, the corporation end and ESPECIALLY the dealership end!! Its in my opinion just like yours that I'm ready to buy an american car now with the ecnomy going into a depression , car sales are way off , gas prices are going thru the roof and I still can't get any info or nothing about a 2008 car that was announced for production 2 months ago and the 2009 announced 2 last week and get the total run around that I've first hand experienced. Try that on for awhile and see how you feel......then say your getting restless!! NOT!!!!

70sguy 04-11-2008 02:42 PM

well, well don't everyone get their panties in a wad. The challenger will start production in a couple of weeks. Some of the first build cars could be delivered by the end of April, but most likely they will coincide just before Challenger 500 or 400 race. The first will start trickling in around the first of May, starting a little buzz and then probably have a big pre-race show showing the auction winners and their cars. I imagine it will be a big show. I believe the Challenger will take the place of the Avenger next year, so everybody relax. I'm as impatient as anyone, but oh well, what difference does that make.

Anyway Joani let me know when you have a ship date. I would imagine it will be around the 25th, like I posted earlier. Then expect about 6-7 days shipping. You'll be fine.

BILLBRASKY 04-11-2008 04:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

I just got a phone call from my dealer. He said a memo just came down from corporate stating the 2008 Challenger would not be delivered to the dealerships until early Aug 2008. They would then begin receiving the 2009 models within 60 days.

That's what he told me.[:o]

Im new here and wanted to say darn good info in this forum.
Paladin06 you have great creditbilty here and your post is by my opinion most likely right on.
I was told when I placed my deposit on my 09 srt that it may be made before the 08's I was floored and didnt know what the guy was talking about till I just read your post.It just didnt make sense to me at the time he said it to me.

Is there any way to confirm this info because I have heard this also.I also wonder how accurate this info was.
I trust your post to be 100% accurate and why would you post something not accurate,you a satnd up guy from what I have read.

This is good news for a guy like me getting a black 09 srt8,but if true I feel for the 08 order holders in a big way.

jh27_1970 04-11-2008 05:06 PM

Fat cat, sorry your exsperiance has been what it is , but are you trying to buy at msrp? I think there are three dealers around here that may not have singed off on there cars west point,machanicsville, grafton These are towns in Va the dodge dealers are named after the towns, My dealer has shared every bit of info as slow is it is but its holding true things to be built starting april 26,I just thank goodness they guarenteed ONE for each dealer very fair! My foot his been in this door since 2006. you know If you are serios you can buy a challenger on e-bay for 50,000 I think there is three or four right now for sale ,,Thry another aprouch to looking for stuff.Good luck Geoff[sm=signs003.gif]

tupperware 04-11-2008 05:14 PM

ORIGINAL: fatcat

My " DEAR " tupperware you just have to be someone who works for the factory or a frustrated dealer bcause if you where an actual consumer on our end then you'd be well aware of all the noinformation, untimelyinformation and misinformation many of us are getting! When you ACTUALLY experience first hand as I have then we may tend to listen to what your OPINIONS are. If truly interested in our alleged wrong impatince then go back and read a few of my posts> If not then Listen up! Ive waited patiently for over 2 years for this car or any info and have contacted 37 dealers in the Tri state area of NY,NJ,PA with the cash to buy a Challenger outright and not 1 single dealer would sell me one , take a deposit, or write any kind of an order> Even though ALL of them already knew they were going to sell this car at a very high preium! Recently I " heard" on this forum about Challenger info and brochures and lo and behold someone from this forum sends me some info on the 2009 model and another member tells me about a 2009 Challenger brochure on E-Bay for sale. This is after I E-mail Dodge and Chrysler Corp asking for a Brochure and them telling me that they don't reconize any forum sites and they have no brochures. So I recontact several of the dealers that I previously contacted and they give me the same story as far as the no brochures. But there they are on E-Bay an official 2009 Dodge Challenger Sales brochure for $9.99 plus $4.50 s/h. Maybe you should keep busy checking your facts first before opening mouth and inserting foot. I've found a lot of good honest people on here ready and willing to help and not many at all that are honest and truthfull in the factory end, the corporation end and ESPECIALLY the dealership end!! Its in my opinion just like yours that I'm ready to buy an american car now with the ecnomy going into a depression , car sales are way off , gas prices are going thru the roof and I still can't get any info or nothing about a 2008 car that was announced for production 2 months ago and the 2009 announced 2 last week and get the total run around that I've first hand experienced. Try that on for awhile and see how you feel......then say your getting restless!! NOT!!!!

Wow, I was only trying to help...I too have been waiting for this car for 2 years...I have a great dealer who called me on 12/2 to get my order info...I pirated my way to the unveiling in Chicago as a journalist...I got Jim Press and Bob Nardelli to sign a copy of my order. (since you have doubted me already, I can send you a pictures of them signing if you'd like) I am a car guy and I do understand your frustration...there is not a Corvette Z06 in my garage because I wanted one in 2006 when they first came out and no deal