Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Who has a 2008 Challenger on order? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2008-challenger-order-2467/)

RRUNNER 04-10-2008 03:24 PM

RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

I just got a phone call from my dealer. He said a memo just came down from corporate stating the 2008 Challenger would not be delivered to the dealerships until early Aug 2008. They would then begin receiving the 2009 models within 60 days.

That's what he told me.[:o]
Was he drinking? That sounds like a bunch of you know what.

1971cuda convert 04-10-2008 03:42 PM

If thats the case on color I will be steeling my dads .He has a black non sunroof and no nav car orderd and he told me a few days ago he got his vin I will get it tommoro and post it .Theres going to be alot of very mad people if we have to wait till aug starting with me . I hope dodge will come forward soon and give us some kind of real update .

fatcat 04-10-2008 04:00 PM

Several members in this thread have mentioned in thier posts about Challenger brochures of which Joani Short is trying to help me secure one or at least copy one and send it to me. Now don't get me wrong , I have tried over 37 dealers now, if any of you have read any of my past posts on here, to buy, order, or place a deposit on a 2008 Challenger to no avail. So I gave up and decided to wait to order a 2009. Now I'm thinking there is some brochures out and I again contact many of these dealer.....yep your right....no brochures or any idea when I can order. So....I write Dodge and ask for a brochure and the following is what I get.....sorry for yelling but......DO THESE PEOPLE WANT TO SELL CARS OR WHAT????????????????? read this....
Dear Wayne:

Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center
regarding the new auto brochures.

We appreciate the time and effort you took to write to us. In response
to your email regarding the sales brochure for 2009 Dodge Challenger, we
would like to inform you that the Chrysler LLC has not declared any
forums for Dodge Challenger yet so we recommend you to visit our brand
website: www.dodge.com. We also suggest you to contact your local
authorized dealer.

You may seek the dealerships that are known for their excellence in
customer service - our Five Star dealers. Please visit http://www.fivestar.com,
or call 1-800-677-5-STAR.

1.) Mike's Famous Chrysler Dodge
1026 W WHITE HORSE PIKE
EGG HARBOR CITY, NJ 08215-3138
Phone: (609) 965-1494

2.) Sport Dodge
6831 BLACK HORSE PIKE
EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP, NJ 08234
Phone: (609) 646-1200

If we can be of any assistance to you in the future, please let us know.

Thanks again for your email.

Sincerely,

Sandy Straube
Customer Service Representative
Chrysler Customer Assistance Center

For any future communications related to this email, please refer to the
following information:
REFERENCE NUMBER: 17403584
EMAIL CASE NUMBER: 1991239
REPLY LINK: http://www.chrysler.com/wccs/brand_f...731I25261L0KM&

Original Message Follows:
------------------------

US Customer Service - Dodge Brand Site
Brief Description:
New Auto Brochures
Comments:
I understand from the Dodge Challenger forums on the internet that 2009
Dodge Challenger brochures are starting to show up around the country.
May
I request that you please send one to me at the above address ASAP,
Please.
Thank you Wayne Boyd
I guess they don't even recognise any of our forums either!!!!!!

Paladin06 04-10-2008 04:03 PM

Nope, his Director of sales even got on the phone and apologized for the delay.

ORIGINAL: RRUNNER

I just got a phone call from my dealer. He said a memo just came down from corporate stating the 2008 Challenger would not be delivered to the dealerships until early Aug 2008. They would then begin receiving the 2009 models within 60 days.

70sguy 04-10-2008 04:53 PM

Do you want to hear something really strange, I called my dealer and he said I was still in D status and could not offer any ensight to any status changes. So I called the Dodge 800 number. Just like some one posted earlier I was on the phone with someone with an accent not of this country. I gave my vin # & reference #, and she told me my car had shipped on 3/28/08. I asked well how many days does it take to ship? She said 6-7 I said its already been 12 days. Then I asked her what was my status she said D, I said how could it have shipped if its not built yet, she responded the ship date was 3/28/08 several times then said I would have to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor said I was in D status and would not elaborate on any other info. It is kind of strange why would she have said it has already shipped and in D status. So from hear on out I can believe anything that someone has heard from a reputable source but not sure if its the actual truth.

RRUNNER 04-10-2008 05:10 PM

I guess I'll find out tomorrow. It seems strange that no one else has head anything and it simply sounds too outrageous to be true. Why would they delay another three months unless they have "major" build (line) problems? If true it's really gonna tick people off and I will be at the front of the line.[:@]

Nope, his Director of sales even got on the phone and apologized for the delay.

ORIGINAL: RRUNNER

Paladin06 04-10-2008 05:10 PM

I recently acquired one, an original, and it is very nice. It is now sealed in a document protector and added to my library.:D:D

ORIGINAL: fatcat

Several members in this thread have mentioned in thier posts about Challenger brochures of which Joani Short is trying to help me secure one or at least copy one and send it to me. Now don't get me wrong , I have tried over 37 dealers now, if any of you have read any of my past posts on here, to buy, order, or place a deposit on a 2008 Challenger to no avail. So I gave up and decided to wait to order a 2009. Now I'm thinking there is some brochures out and I again contact many of these dealer.....yep your right....no brochures or any idea when I can order. So....I write Dodge and ask for a brochure and the following is what I get.....sorry for yelling but......DO THESE PEOPLE WANT TO SELL CARS OR WHAT????????????????? read this....
Dear Wayne:

Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center
regarding the new auto brochures.

We appreciate the time and effort you took to write to us. In response
to your email regarding the sales brochure for 2009 Dodge Challenger, we
would like to inform you that the Chrysler LLC has not declared any
forums for Dodge Challenger yet so we recommend you to visit our brand
website: www.dodge.com. We also suggest you to contact your local
authorized dealer.

You may seek the dealerships that are known for their excellence in
customer service - our Five Star dealers. Please visit http://www.fivestar.com,
or call 1-800-677-5-STAR.

1.) Mike's Famous Chrysler Dodge
1026 W WHITE HORSE PIKE
EGG HARBOR CITY, NJ 08215-3138
Phone: (609) 965-1494

2.) Sport Dodge
6831 BLACK HORSE PIKE
EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP, NJ 08234
Phone: (609) 646-1200

If we can be of any assistance to you in the future, please let us know.

Thanks again for your email.

Sincerely,

Sandy Straube
Customer Service Representative
Chrysler Customer Assistance Center

For any future communications related to this email, please refer to the
following information:
REFERENCE NUMBER: 17403584
EMAIL CASE NUMBER: 1991239
REPLY LINK: http://www.chrysler.com/wccs/brand_f...731I25261L0KM&

Original Message Follows:
------------------------

US Customer Service - Dodge Brand Site
Brief Description:
New Auto Brochures
Comments:
I understand from the Dodge Challenger forums on the internet that 2009
Dodge Challenger brochures are starting to show up around the country.
May
I request that you please send one to me at the above address ASAP,
Please.
Thank you Wayne Boyd
I guess they don't even recognise any of our forums either!!!!!!

jh27_1970 04-10-2008 05:33 PM

They have flooded e-bay you can get one for .99 watch the shipping it should be no more than $2.50 which is media mail plus cost of envolope.. My dealer has a hand full on their shelf she gave me two go on dodge.com pic dealer, a request a brouchure link should drop down good luck

joani short 04-10-2008 05:37 PM

Wayne
the brochure i have sent you is not a sales brochure--it shows the 2009 options and has a bunch of information on the car and color options it will be available in ....it also shows that hemi orange is only going to be available on the r/t model only.....you should recieve it in the mail in 2 or 3 days...
joani

fatcat 04-10-2008 06:02 PM

Thanks Joani, it seems the members on this forum are the only honest people we can count on when it comes to these new Dodge Challengers ...Its a real shame I think! Here I am with the cash to buy a new car and wanting to buy one even though the economy is slowing down, car sales are at a low and gas prices are skyrocketing and Dodge is playing sales tactic games when I think a lot of people want this new Challenger but are getting really frustrated and I'm afraid some might turn to the Mustangs which are really hot and reasonably priced, or the new Camaro, which I understand will be EASY to buy as soon as its announced. I'm a loyal Mopar man for many years so I'll wait another couple of months but I hope at least ordering opens up soon! If anyone on here hears any concrete info on Dodge accepting orders for 2009's please post on here or E-mail me at... wboyd18993@aol.com.... Thanks all for listening, Fatcat