Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Who has a 2008 Challenger on order? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2008-challenger-order-2467/)

RRUNNER 04-17-2008 01:58 PM

RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

It's well known on this board that the people here know more than dealers almost all of the time. The dealer initially gave you a delivery date that was a guess. If you ordered the beginning of December there is no way you have to wait until late June unless they have severe production delays, which he cannot predict. My guess, based on limited info is that you will get it mid May.

No one has taken delivery yet, but some have been promised delivery dates beginning next week. Do you know your status? If not, ask the dealer or call Chrysler, sounds as if you should be D status, like almost everyone now.

ORIGINAL: sheetschuc

Ordered one back at the beginning of December. paid $5000. over sticker. original delivery date was supposed to be late April. Dealer told me he got an email last week that they just started production this week and it will be late June. Anyone actually take delivery yet?

RRUNNER 04-17-2008 02:54 PM

Paladin, I know you said this before and it may turn out to be true, but I don't think it's the case. I have a great relationship with my salesman and, like me, he has a Challenger on order. He keeps up on the status and I bet he checks 6 -7 times a day for changes. He knows nothing any messages from Chrysler stating there are delays. Until I hear it from him I'm not buying it. Not saying it can't happen, but if you turn out to be correct I will be the first to give you kudos.

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

That's the same message my dealer got. He also stated some dealers have elected not to release that info and Chrysler has left it up to them.

If I may ask, what state are you in?

ORIGINAL: sheetschuc

Ordered one back at the beginning of December. paid $5000. over sticker. original delivery date was supposed to be late April. Dealer told me he got an email last week that they just started production this week and it will be late June. Anyone actually take delivery yet?

Andre@Edge 04-17-2008 03:18 PM

I made the D club today. Vin# 8H300590 Silver and ordered on the morning of Dec 3rd.

I bet the dealer flips when I have the transmission removed prior to driving for the converter upgrade :)

mpbg43 04-17-2008 03:29 PM

I have a question .. how many here have seen in person the "Auto show" "production" versions .. I have and liked it ... at Chicago, the Orange one was numbered 0003 the Silver 0008 .. and the black .. I think was 0004 But won't swear to the Black one.... I heard these cars will not be sold and infact will be destroyed.. I don't know why?

mopar2ya 04-17-2008 04:28 PM

ORIGINAL: mpbg43

I paid $5,000 over MSRP .. got my vin today .. and upgrade to D status ... Vin 8H300543
Where can I get the status upgrade? Is that an option my dealer neglected to tell me about? :eek:

GPMAN 04-17-2008 04:51 PM

Hi all, I'm new hear but have been reading your post for a couple of weeks. I paid my dealer in Atlanta 5000.00 down for an orange car in February. The deal calls for MSRP plus 10,000.00. It sounds like I'm paying on the high end. The 5000.00 is not refundable but can be used on another vehicle from the dealer if I back out. I got an order number right away from the dealer and my paperwork shows it was ordered on December third but as of Monday the sales manager still said he did not have a VIN. Could that be right?
I've been dreaming of a car like this for thirty years but now I have some issues that trouble me maybe enough to not take the car.

1. The electronic controls cannot be totally disabled. Have you ever seen a Dodge Charger try to do a burnout? Or check out the Challenger videos. They do a brake torque and then when they let off the brake the car just dies.
2. I've read and believe to be true that this 2008 has an open rear end. Does anyone remember the seventies when some muscle cars would do a 200 foot burnout with one wheel. How rediculous! I read that the upgraded rear end is Gertag and will be matched with the new manual in the 2009 car.

Someone please tell me there is an aftermarket way to disable all these (helpful) features

I love the looks, the brakes, the engine and don't mind the automatic

PS my final price drive out is about 55,000.00

tupperware 04-17-2008 04:58 PM

the Chicago cars had 'dummy' badges...

ORIGINAL: mpbg43

I have a question .. how many here have seen in person the "Auto show" "production" versions .. I have and liked it ... at Chicago, the Orange one was numbered 0003 the Silver 0008 .. and the black .. I think was 0004 But won't swear to the Black one.... I heard these cars will not be sold and infact will be destroyed.. I don't know why?

joani short 04-17-2008 05:29 PM

just a update to you all--at my dealer the other 7 challengers odered all went to d status today--mine is still the only one on d1 status
all of the vins for those start 300 so far it looks like the 289s are the lowest vins .... plus i was told that mine will ship on tuesday and it will be shipped in a covered truck and will take 7 to 10 days.......
when i hear more or see my car i will let you all know---good luck Joani

mpbg43 04-17-2008 05:37 PM

Hey mopar2ya ... my salesman called me today and faxed over a sheet, previously I was calling 1-800-992-1997 .. and going through the choices .. until I get to talk to a person .. they will ask questions .. and will need your VON (order number) they will check and also give you a ref. number... to use the next time you call... I hope this helps .. oh they are only open 8 to 5 eastern

jh27_1970 04-17-2008 05:37 PM

ORIGINAL: GPMAN

Hi all, I'm new hear but have been reading your post for a couple of weeks. I paid my dealer in Atlanta 5000.00 down for an orange car in February. The deal calls for MSRP plus 10,000.00. It sounds like I'm paying on the high end. The 5000.00 is not refundable but can be used on another vehicle from the dealer if I back out. I got an order number right away from the dealer and my paperwork shows it was ordered on December third but as of Monday the sales manager still said he did not have a VIN. Could that be right?
I've been dreaming of a car like this for thirty years but now I have some issues that trouble me maybe enough to not take the car.

1. The electronic controls cannot be totally disabled. Have you ever seen a Dodge Charger try to do a burnout? Or check out the Challenger videos. They do a brake torque and then when they let off the brake the car just dies.
2. I've read and believe to be true that this 2008 has an open rear end. Does anyone remember the seventies when some muscle cars would do a 200 foot burnout with one wheel. How rediculous! I read that the upgraded rear end is Gertag and will be matched with the new manual in the 2009 car.

Someone please tell me there is an aftermarket way to disable all these (helpful) features

I love the looks, the brakes, the engine and don't mind the automatic

PS my final price drive out is about 55,000.00

The rear ends are NOT open they are 3.06 axle ratio(dmp) anti-spin differential rear axle (dsa) that is what is on my print out for the car