Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Who has a 2008 Challenger on order? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2008-challenger-order-2467/)

RUBBERBNDMAN 07-27-2008 09:53 AM

RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Yes, 200 miles away but good people. Call them tell them you want a no hassle transaction.The drive back was awesome.I felt guilty taking that car out of the community but heck it sat there long enough.It is a small town so no BS.Tell them SRT8 0953 sent ya! HOOD RIVER DODGE,Oregon They will earn your 2009 Chally transaction.As you know the big city dealers want all your money,HOOD RIVER DODGE wants your business.

Phantom 07-27-2008 05:42 PM

So... if I remember correctly the Brampton factory goes back to work tomorrow (7/28) after their 2 week shutdown. Will they be starting out producing 2009 Challengers ???

mac 07-27-2008 08:34 PM

Thanks buddy, I love Hood River, will give me an excuse to drive over. My dad taught High School Agriculture in the mid 50's in Hood River, after he got out of the Korean war in 52 (Army heavy weapons infantryman) and finished up his undergrad at Oregon State University. Go Beavers. Hey guess what color is my favorite on the Chally? Really do appreciate the tip on that dealership. The one in Salem wants 5000 over on 09 challys and will pass on that one.

One more thing, sucks you have to pay sales tax on the car, since you are from Washington. No sales tax in Oregon, but man are the property taxes high here along with paying state income tax.

mopar2ya 07-28-2008 04:28 AM

How Many Are Still Waiting on Thier Cars?

edithesplanade 07-28-2008 05:02 AM

me, me, me,......

still waiting for my baby,

8H302842 still at parking lot Pilette road - GE

I am concerned that the 2009s will be mixed up
with the 2008......
will perhaps finally get a 2009 SE in liverwurst-metallic
and 3.5 liter engine.......with my vin number....
It seems, that everything is possible there...

thanks for your request..

edithesplanade
8H302842 black with everything
still at pilette....
[:'(]

jayzee7999 07-28-2008 05:28 AM

Still waiting for mine. It has been in Louisville Ky. for 36 hrs. now on rail car. It really needs to get a move on down to fl. It really doesnt need to stop and wait days at every point from build to delivery. If dodge was decent ay all they would of done something for all who waited. Summer is almost over. They wont get a chance to screw me again.

edithesplanade 07-28-2008 05:32 AM

jayzee - where are you in fl ???

jayzee7999 07-28-2008 06:01 AM

Ilive in cocoa, bought my car in clearwater. i flew out of Tampa on the 2nd of dec and flew back in on the 7th. That is when i found out about ordering the challengers. So i ordered mine late. Dec 7th. Maybe that is why i have to wait so long. Can i find out what number mine is if it is on a railcar?

mopar2ya 07-28-2008 06:10 AM

ORIGINAL: jayzee7999

Still waiting for mine. It has been in Louisville Ky. for 36 hrs. now on rail car. It really needs to get a move on down to fl. It really doesnt need to stop and wait days at every point from build to delivery. If dodge was decent ay all they would of done something for all who waited. Summer is almost over. They wont get a chance to screw me again.
jayzee... sorry to hear that you feel that way. Dodge did an AWESOME job on this car. World Class all the way!! You will see soon for yourself. As so many have mentioned... IT IS SO WORTH THE WAIT. Just a little longer... hang in there!! Cheers!

mwc 07-28-2008 06:28 AM

I finally got mine on Thursday. My dealer called around 12:15p.m., and said they were unloading it. Badge #3456, Black with all options.
It's everything I had hoped for. I'm still playing with some of the features (MyGig, Navigation, voice recognition, etc.). It's a very cool car, and it draws a ton of attention to itself.
For those still waiting, it really is worth the wait.
Thanks to everyone on this forum for their help and input. It made my wait *almost* bearable.
MWC