Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Who has a 2008 Challenger on order? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2008-challenger-order-2467/)

04RAMSRT10 05-01-2008 04:23 PM

RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Hey dcxfan, I know you are excited about your car arriving soon. I hope you can give me a little insight. I think you ordered your car on 12/3 as I did and my vin is a few numbers lower than yours. I also think I read on hear that yours was built on 4/4. When did you go to D1? Had you hounded the customer service people? Are you a current owner of SRT and or other Chrysler products? What color and options? I am just making an attempt to make some sense of all of this. Thank you if you can help.

70sguy 05-01-2008 04:50 PM

I visited my dodge dealer today and picked up a 2009 brochure and a dodge magazine with the challenger in it. Amazingly, my salesman and I went to the parts department. The parts manager had no clue of any challenger parts, looked into his computer under dodge and mopar and had nothing. I went to the salesman's computer and showed him the accessories. It is amazing how unimformed the dealerships are. Anyway, he did vin vision and nothing showed up on me cause I'm in "D". I asked him to look up Joani's vin and he read 5/7 delivery, not yesterday. I don't think anyone has received their challenger yet. I believe some are close but no cigars, yet. I can't wait until next week, I believe a lot will change. I do believe my car will be built next week. How long does the shipping process take? Does anyone know? I know there will be a day or two difference to mileage.

dcxfan 05-01-2008 05:43 PM

JUST CHECKED EVERYONES AGAIN STILL NOTHING---WOW I SEE SO MANY WITH VINS SO CLOSE TO MINE ---AND NOTHING SHOWING UP --I WONDER IF ITS THE COLOR, SUNROOF OPTION AND OR WHEEL OPTION ??????HOLDING THEM UP ---I HEARD TODAY THAT THERE ARE 2 CHALLENGERS AT OUR LOCAL RAIL YARD --BOTH ARE BLACK
I ASKED THE DRIVER TO CHECK THE VIN AND THE BADGE NUMBERS--HOPE TO SEE HIM TOMORROW AND GET MORE INFO --I AM THINKING ONE OF THEM IS MINE..
TUPPERWARE YOURS SHOWS ITS AT RAIL YARD -AND GOING TO BE DELIVERED ON SATURDAY --I BET THEY WILL HAVE IT TOMORROW--
I DON'T ACCEPT WEEKEND DELIVERIES AT MY DEALER AND USUALLY GET VEHICLES 1 TO DAYS EARLIER THEN SCHEDULED --YOU NEED TO CALL YOUR DEALER FIRST THING TOMORROW--IF THAT DEALER IS LIKE THE REST OF US --EVERYONE AND THERE BROTHER WILL BE ALL OVER YOUR CAR AND TEST DRIVING IT BEFORE THE PDI IS DONE...
LETS US KNOW AFTER YOU MAKE YOUR CALL TO CHECK ON IT....TAKE CARE JOANI

1971cuda convert 05-01-2008 06:22 PM

This is why I bought mine from a very small town dealership .Theres the owner and one salesman whom are very nice people and know my father inlaw well. So with all that being said my car will not end being mistreated in anyway .My dad heard from his dealer today as I did so maybe there geting ready to do something finally.

70sguy 05-01-2008 06:32 PM

dcx,

when your staus moves to D1, is it built that day? How long typically does the status remain D1 before it is built?

My salesman also said today that everyone is wanting to take my car for a spin. He said he is going to have a hard time to prevent it. I told him I will camp out the night before to be sure there is no playing with my car.

rtfromnc 05-01-2008 06:37 PM

Joani or Tupperware have either one of you tried the Challenger Order Tracking website to see what it says?

rtfromnc 05-01-2008 06:39 PM

Joani,

Just to verify RTFROMNC's (8h289155) does not show any change yet it reportedly was going to be placed on Rail Car 4/29/08?

Thanks for any information!!!

RTFROMNC

dcxfan 05-01-2008 06:51 PM

rtfromnc
i pulled up your vin and it is not showing up now ---did you buy yours from cox????
if you are it shows to be at your dealer on 5/-7 i dont know why its not showing up now---
when a car hits d 1 status it is going down the line
mine went from c to d then to d1 and back to d status and still shows d status

1971cuda convert 05-01-2008 06:53 PM

I plan on geting pictures of my car still on the transport and the owner says hes happy to help so we will see how it goes.

So am I understanding it right that some cars show D stauts but are also showing there in route to be delivered as well.

rtfromnc 05-01-2008 06:59 PM

Yes I bought it from Cox on 12/3/2008 and it went from C to D to D1 and back to D as yours did. What do you mena when you say "it is not showing up now"? That is scary! I was hoping it was going to show up on 5/7 like it said earlier in the week.