Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Who has a 2008 Challenger on order? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2008-challenger-order-2467/)

jh27_1970 05-14-2008 12:02 PM

RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

:) I moved back to D today I'm happy

04RAMSRT10 05-14-2008 12:32 PM

I sent an email to Chrysler about 2 weeks ago and yesterday. No response yet.

Venthos 05-14-2008 12:37 PM

ORIGINAL: 70sguy

Cuda ,

You've got it, well maybe the carbon fiber hood stripes, but the way things continue I doubt it. It surely isn't time as the 09's will be right on the heels. Is a high number badge worth more than an 09, I doubt it. If I could get an 09srt in a few months guarranteed I would do it right now. As I am starting to get alittle agrevated with the way they are handling the 08's.

Is anyone intersested in an 08 hemi orange?
I feel ya. I had two deposits on SRT8 '08 Hemi Orange cars, each at different dealers. One was in C with no VIN, one the dealership refused to tell me the status of it claiming they didn't know. Long story short, just this past Saturday I started emailing Bob Frederick from redletterdodge.com and I now have a deposit with Bob and my car was ordered within minutes of ordering opening up on Monday @ 9:00am. Bob has instilled more confidence and made me feel more comfortable about the car, my order, himself, and his dealership, than *any* other car purchase I've looked into. After a slight bit of hesitation about whether or not I wanted an '08, today I went in and pulled both my deposits from both of those dealers. Given my local dealers and how things have gone I'm not even confident I would've even gotten the car, and my 'best price' was $5k over MSRP. Bob has assured me MSRP pricing on my '09.

Unless you REALLY want the numbered plaque and/or the carbon fiber stripes, I can only advise finding a great dealer for an '09 and gaining the advantage of the optional manual transmission and true limited-slip differential. Bob is out-of-state for me, but the piece of mind and customer service I have received is beyond excellent and I can rest comfortably that I know I will get my car.

DK challenger 05-14-2008 04:41 PM

Has anyone got there '08 yet? Just wondering.

robertdodel 05-14-2008 05:07 PM

WAS C ON THE 9TH ..D ON THE 12 ...NOW I AM BACK TO C....ALSO SENT A FEW EMAILS TO DODGE WITH MORE THAN A FEW CHOSEN WORDS GOT A EMAIL BACK STATING WE WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT YOU CHALLENGER DELIVERY PLEASE CALL US AT 1-800- U GUESSED IT THE SAME OLD NUMBER SO I CALLED AND THAT WAS WHEN I FOUND OUT I WAS BACK AT C . SHE SAID SHE DIDN'T KNOW WHY BUT SAID SHE WAS SORRY AND WOULD GIVE ME A CALL BACK WHEN SHE HAD ANY NEW INFORMATION. AT LEAST I COULD UNDERSTAND WHAT THE HELL SHE WAS SAYING.

70sguy 05-14-2008 05:07 PM

I spoke with my sales order person today and requested that he contact his regional director and ask what is going on. He said he would be able to do it tomorrow. I will let you know what I learn, if anything.

I really feel this has happened before as the dealership just seem to coast along and really don't worry about delivery of the challenger. They are more interested in whats in their lot to move. Which really you can't blame them. They are just playing the hand that dodge deals them. But on the other hand inquiring minds want to know when the challengers are going to be delivered.

robertdodel 05-14-2008 05:15 PM

I SAID SOMETHING TO MY SALESMAN YESTERDAY ABOUT CALLING REGIONAL AND SEEMED TO GO IN ONE EAR OUT THE OTHER. I ALSO ASKED ABOUT 09 SRT-8 AND HE SAID THAT THEY WERE ONLY GOING TO MAKE 2500 OF THOSE AND THE REST R/T AND SE

70sguy 05-14-2008 05:48 PM

I spoke to my salesperson this morning and inquired about an 09srt, he didn't sound very encouraging about ordering one and said wait would be about like the 08. They did have a charger srt8 on the showroom floor for than my challenger cost.

Johnnytuinals 05-14-2008 05:48 PM

They got your money,,,yeaaaaaa really think they care about you
after the check cleared????
I had the same problem with MOST dealers...
I tried to order a 2010 Stang Gt.Knowing that the dealer could NOT
The salesperson said he will be happy to order it,I can pick any color I wanted
and he will write up the contract and take my deposit....
I told him how can you take a order from me when you cannot order a 2010 Stang Gt YET
As he said,they will be happy to talk a deposit on anything ....REAL SMUCKSSSSS..
Same with dodge,Yep they can order you anything and give you a VON#,but it will not mean you will see the car..JT

RRUNNER 05-14-2008 06:29 PM

I'm as anxious and upset as anyone about the lack of information coming from Dodge, but I got to thinking about it and if we get our cars by early June we are on schedule. We all bought a 2008 3/4 Challenger, so if they begin delivery of the 09's in September, that makes a June delivery a 2008 3/4, right? Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope that production picks up the next couple weeks. Hopefully by early June we are all happy campers.

D Status since 3/27.