Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Who has a 2008 Challenger on order? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2008-challenger-order-2467/)

jh27_1970 05-18-2008 06:39 AM

RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

ORIGINAL: MikeSRT8

Still in I status. Hopefully something will happen this week. Dealer says they haven't heard anything as well. I know that patience is a virtue, but I have not mastered that yet, so just keep trying to stay cool and look forward to the day when it arrives.

Mike..its like the michiline tire/man commercial they are just admirering your car, with some corny love song playing , before they can let it go .......If you have not seen the comercial please forgive because this will make no sense..........I have yet to see a challenger with front plates Im still looking here in Va it is a requirement,,

dcxfan 05-18-2008 07:07 AM

HELLO EVERYONE
WELL HERE WE ALL WAIT AND OUR STATUS KEEPS CHANGING --LAST WEEK CHRYSLERS SYSTEM SAID MINE WOULD START ON THE 20TH NOW IT SAYS THE 30TH
SO HERE I AM JUST WAITING LIKE EVERYONE ELSE--WILL CHECK ALL OF THE VINS AGAIN ON MONDAY IF I SEE ANY GOOD NEWS I WILL GET ON HERE AND LET YOU ALL KNOW --
HOPEFULLY THE SYSTEM WILL SHOW US TRUE FACTS--APPOSED TO THE INFORMATION THAT CHRYSLER HAS GIVEN US--THEY SURE HAVE MESSED WITH OUR EMOTIONS--
IT LOOKS LIKE MIKE MIGHT GET HIS BEFORE MINE ----I JUST HOPE THEY START ROLLING SOON--- GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL JOANI

SRT8 05-18-2008 07:08 AM

Thanks! Much appreciated. :)

jh27_1970 05-18-2008 07:26 AM

ORIGINAL: dcxfan

HELLO EVERYONE
WELL HERE WE ALL WAIT AND OUR STATUS KEEPS CHANGING --LAST WEEK CHRYSLERS SYSTEM SAID MINE WOULD START ON THE 20TH NOW IT SAYS THE 30TH
SO HERE I AM JUST WAITING LIKE EVERYONE ELSE--WILL CHECK ALL OF THE VINS AGAIN ON MONDAY IF I SEE ANY GOOD NEWS I WILL GET ON HERE AND LET YOU ALL KNOW --
HOPEFULLY THE SYSTEM WILL SHOW US TRUE FACTS--APPOSED TO THE INFORMATION THAT CHRYSLER HAS GIVEN US--THEY SURE HAVE MESSED WITH OUR EMOTIONS--
IT LOOKS LIKE MIKE MIGHT GET HIS BEFORE MINE ----I JUST HOPE THEY START ROLLING SOON--- GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL JOANI
Joani , Good to hear from you.. Brampton will be closed monday Victoria day holiday, just trying to save you the time of checking , please check tueday :) things are progressing albeit slowly , ALL the write ups have been very possitive about this car by a big mix of car reporters , All the cars WILL be built before the mandatory holiday ,antisipation is half the fun,, just hanging out waiting I just wish I didnt tell freinds I was getting it... every day so when you getting your car?? Have fun Geoff

dcxfan 05-18-2008 07:58 AM

Geoff
NO KIDDING ABOUT THE FRIEND THING ---I HAVE SEVERAL CUSTOMERS SHOWING UP AT MY DEALER, BECAUSE MY FLEET AND SALES DEPT KEEP TELLING PEOPLE ABOUT IT COMING--THEY HUNT ME DOWN JUST TO ASK ABOUT IT...I PERSONALLY AM SICK OF HAVING TO TELL PEOPLE I DON'T KNOW --IF THEY WOULD JUST GIVE A GOOD DATE IT WOULD BE NICE.....THANKS I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THE HOLIDAY TAKE CARE JOANI

70sguy 05-18-2008 08:15 AM

Joani,
Thanks for the update, If your build date says 30th, then I shouldn't expect any status change until June, lol. It's a bummer to get one's hope up and to learn you have to tell your friends you have been misled. it opens you up for your friends to do a little ribbing, but that may be just a guy thing.

BTW hwo long does it take a charger to come from brampton to your dealership? Just curious so that when I'm in I status I can anticipate it's arrival.

npeifer 05-18-2008 08:20 AM

Here is my latest Vinvision report:

Printable Add this VIN to Billfold

Vehicle Shipment Status and History
Creation Date: 05-18-2008 12:19 PM EDT

Vehicle Status Vehicle Movement Vehicle Status and Information Vehicle Information
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): 2B3LJ74W98H291043
Order Number (VON): 21138627
Sold Order: Yes
Vehicle Status
Current Location: N/A
Bay Information:
Build Code: Gateline Schedule, 05/15/2008
Dealer Delivery ETA:

*ETA is an estimated date for delivery, not a promise or guarantee. Actual delivery may vary.
Vehicle Distribution Information
Origin Assembly Plant: Brampton Assembly, ON
Origin Shipping Location: Windsor Assembly, ON
Distribution Center: DCC - Drbrn, MI (Alzs) TO Dlr, MI
Vehicle Description
Year: 2008
Make: Dodge
Model: CHALLENGER SRT8
Color: Unknown
Dealer Information
Dealer Code: 43427
Address: Norris-northup Dodge Inc
252 Upper River Road
Gallipolis, OH 456311106
Vehicle Movement Information Route Movements Event Date Location
Current
.. Scheduled for Build (D1) 05/15/2008 06:35 AM CDT Windsor Assembly, ON
Future
.. Shuttled to Facility 06/01/2008 07:00 AM CDT Dearborn, MI
.. Vehicle Delivered to Dealer 06/04/2008 07:00 PM CDT Norris-northup Dodge Inc
Gallipolis, OH

dcxfan 05-18-2008 08:29 AM

Neal what do you do there ---????
i am a serv/parts & body shop Director Joani

dcxfan 05-18-2008 08:35 AM

Neal dont trust it --that exactly what mine showed all the way to when it was to be delivered at the dealer on may 7th ---its done and past--- i am still waiting
heres what mine says --it was built on 4-04-08 where the hell is it ????????

vehicle Information
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): 2B3LJ74W88H289137
Order Number (VON): 21123126
Sold Order: Yes
Vehicle Status
Current Location: N/A
Bay Information:
Build Code: Gateline Schedule, 04/04/2008
Dealer Delivery ETA:
*ETA is an estimated date for delivery, not a promise or guarantee. Actual delivery may vary.
Vehicle Distribution Information
Origin Assembly Plant: Brampton Assembly, ON
Origin Shipping Location: Windsor Assembly, ON
Distribution Center: Mira Loma, CA
Vehicle Description
Year: 2008
Make: Dodge
Model: CHALLENGER SRT8
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Dealer Information
Dealer Code: 43582
Address: Moss Bros Dodge
1100 South E Street
San Bernardino, CA 924081900
Vehicle Movement Information
Route Movements Event Date Location
Current
.. Scheduled for Build (D1) 04/04/2008 06:35 AM CDT Brampton Assembly, ON

npeifer 05-18-2008 09:01 AM

ORIGINAL: dcxfan

Neal what do you do there ---????
i am a serv/parts & body shop Director Joani

I am the sales manager here.

I know not to trust it but I can hope can't I ? LOL

Plus my date info looks somewhat realistic I think ?