Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Who has a 2008 Challenger on order? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2008-challenger-order-2467/)

jh27_1970 05-17-2008 06:37 PM

RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

ORIGINAL: RRUNNER

Check out the Charger, I believe it will be similar.

ORIGINAL: jh27_1970

change of subject... Question were does or how does the front licence plate mount any pictures??? thanks

I really dislike those thick plastic license mounting rings. I will be telling my dealer not to get within fourty yards of my challenger with a drill, period!!
I will fabricate some simple L brackets and find some existing body bolts or similar to tie into. No ugly oem bracket for mine... ;)

Is that a dealer installed thing or does it get done at the factory any pics of the challenger with the bracket..I'm with you on making my own

mopar2ya 05-17-2008 07:02 PM

ORIGINAL: jh27_1970
Is that a dealer installed thing or does it get done at the factory any pics of the challenger with the bracket..I'm with you on making my own
Dealer installed, probably by the kid who washes the cars... [sm=badidea.gif] who's never used a drill in his life... [sm=nothatway.gif] and will have to take it for a test drive... [sm=noooo.gif]

So will I be installing my own... [sm=exactly.gif]

1971cuda convert 05-17-2008 07:53 PM

[sm=funnypostabove.gif] I will not have one on the front of my car .

70cuda 05-17-2008 08:29 PM

'71cuda convert

How are you going to get by with out a front plate on your car?????????????? I know when I bought my new Dodge Ram they sent a bracket behind the seat for me to install myself.

Andre@Edge 05-17-2008 08:39 PM

I will put the front plate under the passenger seat and place it in the window when parked. I have never been pulled over for not having the front plates, but I have got ticketed parked at an airport 2 times.

1971cuda convert 05-17-2008 09:17 PM

I will bolt my dealer tag onto it thus no front tag in MO .

Overpowered 05-17-2008 09:39 PM

I plan on no front plate on my Challenger.

Both of my Infinities have no ugly front plate nor associated brackets or holes. Never pulled over for no plates in TX.

My new Mazda 3 (my 1 only car that will run on std fuel and gets respectable mileage) the dealer installed the plate - it's OK on this car.

Eric

DSkippy 05-18-2008 03:21 AM

Seems like an enterprising sort would offer a kit that comes w/ a heavy plastic stamp that will bend a standard plate to the contour of a challenger, then offer a bracket that flush mounts and is color coded to Chrysler paints, w/a protectic tinted to match color (but transluscent enough) to see tag that will make it visibly displayed, but not obnoxious and gawky. Sury some of our shots of it out in the world must have front tags on it (to get an idea of what we're dealing with) right?

birddog 05-18-2008 04:09 AM

No front plates required in Tennessee.

DSkippy 05-18-2008 04:18 AM

Nice! Now, I buy a property down there and register my car down there! ;)