Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Old 06-02-2008, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Mine was $3,500.00 over and it was my own neighbor that owned dealership so i WOULD say be a pretty good overall deal if you just bought it recently!
Old 06-02-2008, 08:22 PM

Thanks for the response birdfoot guy......How's your order going? What color....options?

Dave
Old 06-02-2008, 08:45 PM

Hemi orange... all options possible! Just got email this am with status moved from d to d1! Says SHIP date = June 14 then 2 weeks transit = approx. July 1? Hope shows up so can drive it by 4th of July as would be nice to light up the car and fireworks! Got a vin # 289725 / tracking site : www.dodge.com/2008/challenger/ordertracking and tried on line this am after getting email and it the web site just said error message no such vin#. Tonight I did again and did get in and car was listed as ordered and dealer shown. The web site has tabs which I guess will show progress when going down the line etc.! Reading all the comments on line seems no one got as quick as thought wanted! Original I was told be here maybe by 15th of May~ Now got new date June 15th basicly ship and July 1 to arrive! Wondering if anyone else on this site can relate or inform me on good or bad experince and.or if this is of general knowledge (web site) Would appear only people got new challengers were Jen Leno and Charity build so far?

So when did you buy yours, when is it due in?
Old 06-02-2008, 09:07 PM

Hi birdfoot guy,

Thanks for the info. One thought to begin with....All the dealers I contacted since October of last year, and I mean 18 different dealers, have told me that their allotment of '08s were ordered end of '07 - beginning '08. Now this does not mean they had buyers, just cars slated for their dealership. So logic tells me that it really doesn't matter when someone "ordered" their '08 Challenger....it only matters when that particular dealership is getting their original allotment. The dealers have obviuosly matched many buyers with their expected deliveries, but it seems impossible that there are any actual "special orders". So I really believe all orders are going to be the 'luck of the draw'. As a matter of fact the earliest Challenger I know of in my area is coming in next week and the dealer does want to pre-sell it (no firm buyer)...I'm sure they're waiting to pump the price up.

The fleet guy where I normally do my business ordered my car to my specs in December '07 (in hopes that I would buy from them). I have been negoiating price since. We finally agreed on the 5K over on May 21st. I was told it was already in 'D' status. It still is[sm=smiley6.gif] Semms like I should be in luck though....Mine is Black with MyGig and tire upgrade. I have had sunroofs in the past and, for me anyway, I found I did not use them past the first week and (I'm 6'2") they reduced headroom.

Congrats on the D1....keep me posted.

Dave
Old 06-02-2008, 09:17 PM

I am such a poor typer... I meant to day the dealer 'does not want to pre-sell' their cars.

Dave
Old 06-02-2008, 09:53 PM

I acutally stopped in to Dodge dealership in S. MN in April just on a fluke but to definately to inquire on new challenger info. etc.! I was told by my neighbor ( just neighbor during the summer as have a cabin next to my year round!) that they could only get 1 allotment and that if not a huge dealer that would be it! That they had a Orange with all options on it coming in soon and while had some people wanting it no money down, so I paid the over MSRP price which was alot $3,500.00 but probebly not as much as could get waiting so was a fair compromise I thought! When I told my son in law who has a best freind working at another Dodge dealership in a smaller town in S. MN that they couldn't even get 1 and didn;t think I was telling them the facts as Yes, for sure was ordered ASAP when able with Dodge and I assume if they could have gotten more they would have done so! The only restriction on the sale was that I take my neighbor for a drive and/or let him drive it for a bit b4 leaving the lot with the title! I had a Challenger and also a Cuda back in the 70's and finally sold my Cuda in late 70's as time for bigger car more room for kids! Both my cars only had 340 in them so this 6.1 Hemi should be a experience!

All I have seen on line is delays and more delays! Not much seems to have been done but have seen a huge jump in builds and ships in last 2 weeks! Was checking out this site alot last Sunday and guess that must have paid off, as like said got a upgrade to D1 today! If serial # is any indication perhaps someone can assist in that question? Your serial # I would guess would be popping up as a build pretty soon!? Far as the Sun Roof goes it was not my decision as pre-ordered but if going to spend this kind of money guess might as well get everything offered! Head room ? I am 6'1 my self and have sunroof in my 2003 Chevy Avalanche I drive daily and love it and use it everyday so that is a personal use preference and since I still smoke cig's is helpful to remove smoke vs. windows down = less noise on sunroof in tilt postion! I just assume this will open and/or tilt?

So good Luck and if anyone can help me with build dates, vs web. and/or how dealer got information and no listed on web I would be interested in TIME build, clear inspection, ship time as end time is going to end up going from May 15 to July 1 ALREADY! I just hope all is good and no problems when I get it as winter coming soon and want to put some miles on it before gets stored for the winter! Oh yes, since I got the upgraded tires, are they really 3 season and no work on Snow??
Old 06-03-2008, 12:13 AM

Hey Joani,

thank You so much for the wonderful news.[sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Too kind of You.[sm=hail.gif]

Joe from Italy

ORIGINAL: dcxfan

giuspe --wow 3 days away
Vehicle Information
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): 2B3LJ74W58H290486
Order Number (VON): 21129476
Sold Order: Yes
Vehicle Status
Current Location: Ground Effects - Windsor, ON
Bay Information:
Build Code: Ship To Body Vendor, 06/02/2008
Dealer Delivery ETA:
*ETA is an estimated date for delivery, not a promise or guarantee. Actual delivery may vary.
Vehicle Distribution Information
Origin Assembly Plant: Brampton Assembly, ON
Origin Shipping Location: Windsor Assembly, ON
Distribution Center: Newark Assembly, DE
Vehicle Description
Year: 2008
Make: Dodge
Model: CHALLENGER SRT8
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Dealer Information
Dealer Code: 43877
Address: E-town Dodge
2005 South Market Street
Elizabethtown, PA 170222850
Vehicle Movement Information
Route Movements Event Date Location
Completed
.. Scheduled for Build (D1) 04/02/2008 07:36 AM EDT Windsor Assembly, ON
.. Built - Pending Inspection (I) 05/28/2008 01:10 PM EDT Brampton Assembly, ON
.. Ship To Body Vendor (JB) 05/30/2008 11:19 AM EDT Brampton Assembly, ON
.. Ship To Body Vendor (JB) 05/30/2008 11:19 AM EDT Windsor Assembly, ON
.. Ship To Body Vendor (JB) 05/30/2008 11:19 AM EDT Brampton Assembly, ON
.. Ship To Body Vendor (JB) 05/30/2008 11:19 AM EDT Windsor Assembly, ON
.. At Facility 05/30/2008 12:16 PM EDT Brampton Assembly, ON
.. Truck Dispatch 05/31/2008 07:00 AM EDT Brampton Assembly, ON
.. VIN Delivery Pickup 05/31/2008 07:01 AM EDT Brampton Assembly, ON
.. Delivered to Body Shop 05/31/2008 12:00 PM EDT Ground Effects Ltd., Windsor, ON
.. Delivered to Body Shop 05/31/2008 12:00 PM EDT Ground Effects Ltd., Windsor, ON
.. Ship To Body Vendor (JB) 06/02/2008 08:07 AM EDT Brampton Assembly, ON
.. Ship To Body Vendor (JB) 06/02/2008 08:07 AM EDT Windsor Assembly, ON
Current
Future
.. Vehicle Delivered to Dealer 06/04/2008 06:00 PM EDT E-town Dodge
Elizabethtown, PA
Old 06-03-2008, 04:15 AM

Speaking of prices, I have a dilema I could use some advice on. I bought my car in February for 10,000.00 over sticker with a 5000.00 non refundable deposit. The 5000 could be used on another car from the dealership but I am not interested in any others.
I think the car has lost value because:
A: They are now going to sell orange 2009's
B: The car will now arrive almost the same time as the 09's
C: I did not realize the car has an open rear end and the 09 will have a substantial upgrade
D: Gas prices have gone up substantially

My question is, should I let the dealer know now while I'm still in D status that I don't want it (at current price) and tell them if they can find a replacement buyer and give my money back I'll be happy. ( seems to me they have no incentive to do that) Or should I let everything play out till the car arrives. I would also be willing to use my deposit on an 09 at MSRP.
Can some of you sales people or dealers let me know what you think my most effective way to negotiate this would be
Old 06-03-2008, 04:40 AM

I don't understand why people keep claiming it has an open rear end. All of the burnout videos show it spinning both tires and starting at the same time. There is only one video i can think of that shows a challenger with what would appear to be an open rearend but i have seen a ton of others that have posi.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:46 AM

I have read about the rear end but cannot remember where. It really doesn't matter because the only way you can spin the tires is to brake torque. When you release the brakes, the ESP and other (helpfull) features stop the tires from spinning. Watch closely the burnout videos. When the driver lets off of the brake, the car slows momentarily while the traction control hooks up. There are buttons to disengage the systems but as I recall they cannont be totally disengaged. Sickening but true.

Quick Reply: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?