Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Old 06-25-2008, 07:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Hey Neal< I guess you are having fun with your new ride? from what i hear this is the kind of car that calls to you in the night. It has been calling me and I don't have one yet. So if we don't hear from you in awhile.. I understand BUT for those of us still waiting we are living thru those that has one already. So don't stay away to long. This site and all the good people that are on it is the only thing that keeps my spirits up. Jim
Old 06-25-2008, 08:11 AM

can't disable it totally it comes back on when it feels wheel slip, there is an unofficial trick, though that you need to experiment to get it right.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:46 AM

ORIGINAL: SF18C

ORIGINAL: DiamDave

Nope, sat and watched the original move. I know it sounded like a bad review, but one of my favorite car movies of all time.

Dave
ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

I watched Vanishing Point this weekend. You know crappy acting, great car chase!

I take it you watched the Fox TV remake from 1997. Yeah. The ONLY good thing about that version is the Challenger and the showdown with the Charger. Other than that, the movie should have been junked.

Dave I am with ya!
Heres to hoping Pontiac doesn't come out with a retro Trans-Am or we will have to sit thru screenings of Smokey and the Bandit or KniteRider! Of course if GMC came out with a new big black van we could all watch reruns of the A-Team!
LOL...Thats funny. I suppose Knight Rider would bring out a few also.

Dave
Old 06-25-2008, 08:49 AM

Those of us who are planning to race their new 2008 Challenger, limited edtion, numbered dash plaque.....please raise their hand.

I for one love, I mean love, to go fast. I would be crazy to take my 08 Challenger to a sanctioned race. I would suggest waiting for a 09 or later model, then add the supercharger.

Good luck to all,

Dave
DiamDave,
my point is not to race the car. I simply would like to feel the car on the verge of control. There is simply no better feeling than a powerfull car sideways at 50 mph plus. Does it not bother anyone that this car won't fishtale or go sideways even on gravel or a wet road without some system kicking in.
I bought Vanishing Point for 8.99 and watched it for the first time in 30 years. It's amazing how you remember things differently than they actually were. I also bought Easy Rider and watched them the same night. Try The Lemans with Steve Mcqueen.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:50 AM

Looks like mine has hit the railyard with an outside chance of it being delivered today, but more than likely tomorrow. I can't wipe the grin off my face. Taking the day off tomorrow to welcome it to the dealer.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:21 AM

My car arrived at the dealer about 30 minutes ago. The dealer, Don, had four of his best guys go over it before he signed for the car. Don indicates other then a little dust it's perfect. My number is 904.

He also sent me a boat load of pics I'll post some after I get home today.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:30 AM

Congrats! Tomorrow i will be able to say the same thing.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:09 AM

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

My car arrived at the dealer about 30 minutes ago. The dealer, Don, had four of his best guys go over it before he signed for the car. Don indicates other then a little dust it's perfect. My number is 904.

All right time to get it running! Let me know if it handles like a little bird!
Old 06-25-2008, 11:17 AM

I just got pulled by an unmarked detective of all places in front of a school. As I opened the window I told him I did not do anything and he smiled to say yeah I was OK but he was dying to see a new Challenger. Nice guy but I did not need that stress!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 11:28 AM

Congrats Paladin, I'm happy for you because I know you've been anxiously waiting.
ORIGINAL: Paladin06

Quick Reply: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?