Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Old 04-15-2008, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

JOANI,

KEEP US INFORMED, DO YOU LAY IN BED AT NIGHT AND DREAM ABOUT IT? DOES THE THOUGHT OR NEED TO KNOW ENGULF YOUR DAY? DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM STAYING FOCUSED? IS THE CHALLENGER ALL YOU THINK ABOUT? aRE YOU IN A TIZZY OR JUST RUINED UNTIL THE DAY YOUR CHALLENGER ARRIVES? I FEEL YA.

BTW IF YOU KNOW YOUR SHIP DATE, WHAT IS YOUR BUILD DATE? THAT SHOULD BE AS OBTAINABLE AS YOUR SHIP DATE.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:34 PM

i have it bad but not that bad---i work for a dealer in calif --and i am able to check it all the time....
Old 04-15-2008, 06:48 PM

JOANI,

WHAT IS YOUR BUILD DATE?
Old 04-15-2008, 07:03 PM

IT DOESNT SHOW A BUILD DATE....ONLY THE SHIP DATE DOES YOURS???
Old 04-15-2008, 07:31 PM

ORIGINAL: stroken56

I called my dealer today and some how I'm not the first one to order a challenger at the dealership anymore????? It turns out the owner of the dealership is now first in line and I'm second. When I ordered the car I was told I was first. I reconfirmed my order around Feb. and I was still first. But now some how I'm second. I'm trying really hard to hold back because this is a family place and all.

I don't understand. I called Dodge customer service in Feb. w/o an order number, just my name. And they told me I was at status C. Now I call the dealer and they tell me I'm at BX or B something. The lady I spoke with at the dealership said they had ordered five. Yea, she really thinks their getting 5 08's. How crazy is this?

I know it was too good to be true.

Strokin If you are at BX you will not get a 08. If you called and gave them your name and they said you are at C then you should still be there or at D they would have issued a REF # for your call. You need to call the 800 # and tell them the day you called and they can look up the REF# then ask them what changes have been made to the order. They will tell you everything date,time who did itif you get a good rep . Then when you get that info you need to go back to the dealer and tell them you have been calling and Dodge you have a history on it and if that name is not changed back your name you will file a complant with dodge. You do it at that same number. The dodge rep on the 800 number told me that as long as they have a REF# on that VON if it gets changed with out your knowing the dealer can get in very hot water. One hint when you call the number and it ask's if you own a SRT say NO and you will be in the right calling Q Also they are open 8-5 in all time zones so if you are calling from the east you can call till 8:00PM but you have to *67 and block your number so the phone sys cant tell what time zone you are in.

HOPE THIS HELPS
Old 04-15-2008, 07:50 PM

IM still hanging in D stautus as of today although I havent checked on it in a few days . I hope we all see D 1 real soon.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:02 AM

So I finally got my Buyer's quote today, it only cost me a $4500 down payment!

Factory Order# 891556, but no VIN number yet, estimated delivery date of...wait for it...16AUG08! (I do live in Italy)

As for options...the cars come with what they come with and I didn't know what I would get until the full quote came in...it’s fully loaded!

Hemi Orange
MyGIG with Nav and Sirius Radio (I am sure that won’t work here in Europe)
Performance Tires
Sunroof
Oh yeah one other option at no charge is the front license plate bracket.

Final cost is $45,893 with about 3k going to overseas shipping and handling plus dealer fees. I added the 7year/70000 mile extended warranty due to the 15 month/15000 miles piss poor warranty. That cost me $2100. Oh don’t want to forget the $2163 gas guzzler tax!!!

So the good news is I will be pretty much out on training exercises until the begining of August so come Sept I am going to be out smoking the first set of tires off!!!!
Old 04-16-2008, 05:21 AM

Joani,

NO, I can't even get a ship date, can you look up my vin & tell me my ship date?
Old 04-16-2008, 08:28 AM

I called 800 number today and mine is in status D. The VIN is 8H289763. I've ordered the Hemi Orange with no options. I asked the customer service rep if she knew when they were starting production. She stated that she couldn't give delivery dates, but March 27 was when production was starting. This came after my dealer told me they were talking to their rep and was told that no cars had started down the assembly line yet. He did mention that they have been constantly told that the Hemi Orange would be the first to be manufactured.

I will be glad when all this is over. I am becoming a nervous wreck.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:38 AM

BIRDDOG,
NO PRODUCTION/BADGED CHALLENGERS HAVE BEEN BUILT YET, JUST AS THE DEALER SAYS. I HAD AN EARLIER POST WHICH I WAS TOLD BY THE 800 NUMBER PERSON THAT MY CAR SHIPPED ON 3/27/08, AND I DO HAVE AN EARLIER VIN#. THAT 3/27/08 DATE DOESN'T MEAN A THING. IF YOU LOOK AT EARLIER POST YOU WILL SEE THAT ONLY BLACK CARS ARE IN D-1 STATUS. YOU SHOULD GET YOUR UPDATES FROM THE CF FORUM GUARRANTEED TO BE MORE ACCURATE THAN MOST DEALERS. UNLESS THEY'RE PART OF THIS FORUM. DODGE IS KEEPING CHALLENGER NEWS TO THEMSELVES. THEY KEEP TRICKLING JUST ENOUGH INFORMATION TO KEEP ALL OF THE SPECULATION & HYPE GOING. EXPECT PRODUCTION TO START NEXT WEEK, THIS TOO HAS BEEN STATED IN EARLIER POSTS.

BTW BIRDDOG WHO DO YOU WORK FOR? AND WHAT ARE YOU DOGGING?

Quick Reply: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?