Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Old 04-19-2008, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

ORIGINAL: robertdodel

THE ONLY THING I CARRY IN MY GLOVEBOX IS A 9MM
Personally, I'm strictly old school. Colt .45 automatic.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:02 PM

The move from C status to D status last week was simply to generate VIN numbers for all 08 Challengers.

ORIGINAL: robertdodel

I just called 1-800 my car is now in c status with a vin but was in d status yesterday with no vin.
help me ! help me! make ot stop

Old 04-19-2008, 03:24 PM

RR So they generated a bunch of vins, is that good? what do you read into this , any cars being built for overseas marcket/canada yet?
Old 04-19-2008, 05:08 PM

this could explain why I have a vin and my car is in "C".
Old 04-19-2008, 05:14 PM

Can't be bad to have a VIN, but I think it just means they are firm orders and the vehicles will be built. Don't know what else to read into it.

ORIGINAL: jh27_1970

RR So they generated a bunch of vins, is that good? what do you read into this , any cars being built for overseas marcket/canada yet?
Old 04-20-2008, 11:05 AM

[:@]I just have to ask this and post my feelings ......after reading all the posts in this thread I have to tell all of you just how very lucky all of you that have an actual Challenger on order are!! Now as you read you may say that on my part its sour grapes, a crying man that can't have an adult toy, or jealousy of all you future Challenger owners. If you read any of my past posts on here and other threads you see that I have been trying extremely hard to secure any Dodge Challenger 2008, or 2009. To no avail, I can't get any dealer to confirm absolutely anything about either car .....none will accept a deposit, none will write an order, none will give any firm info at all about this car. I've been to 40 some dealers now including New Orleans, La and St Louis, Il and the rest in the tri state area of NY, NJ, PA and nothing. So I'm BLAMING DODGE CORPORATION and their DEALERS for this TOTAL lack of communication. My question????? How did any or all of you members to this forum that have orders do it or get the dealer to write one??? Please tell me??..... Did you go in and demand they write one? .... Did you go in and plunk $5,000 in cash down on the desk??? I'm open to any and all suggestions. As for all you waiting ....you are extremely lucky and I for one would not complain about the wait, the slow info from your dealer, what kind of rear end the car has, the plain interior, or even what year car it will be .....AT LEAST YOU HAVE ONE......and to those that think next years will be more valubable.....no way.....you've got to remember these 2008 Challengers are the INITIAL build with numbered dash placs and even tho its just a little crummy metal or plastic plac it makes this car VERY SPECIAL and it will over the long haul always be worth more than any subsequent Challengers. So just be patient .....they are being built and they will be comming soon.
Last , please send me any tips you care to as I'm still trying to buy one myself or at the very least order a 2009 model of some kind. Thanks for listening.
PS to 2 members that offered thier help with dealers thanks so much but nothing firm from either one as of yet but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 04-20-2008, 11:25 AM

Have you contacted

Fred Garza

Internet Sales Manager

Fiesta Dodge

210.373.8583 cell

210.684.4000 office

www.fiestacars.com

ORIGINAL: fatcat

[:@]I just have to ask this and post my feelings ......after reading all the posts in this thread I have to tell all of you just how very lucky all of you that have an actual Challenger on order are!! Now as you read you may say that on my part its sour grapes, a crying man that can't have an adult toy, or jealousy of all you future Challenger owners. If you read any of my past posts on here and other threads you see that I have been trying extremely hard to secure any Dodge Challenger 2008, or 2009. To no avail, I can't get any dealer to confirm absolutely anything about either car .....none will accept a deposit, none will write an order, none will give any firm info at all about this car. I've been to 40 some dealers now including New Orleans, La and St Louis, Il and the rest in the tri state area of NY, NJ, PA and nothing. So I'm BLAMING DODGE CORPORATION and their DEALERS for this TOTAL lack of communication. My question????? How did any or all of you members to this forum that have orders do it or get the dealer to write one??? Please tell me??..... Did you go in and demand they write one? .... Did you go in and plunk $5,000 in cash down on the desk??? I'm open to any and all suggestions. As for all you waiting ....you are extremely lucky and I for one would not complain about the wait, the slow info from your dealer, what kind of rear end the car has, the plain interior, or even what year car it will be .....AT LEAST YOU HAVE ONE......and to those that think next years will be more valubable.....no way.....you've got to remember these 2008 Challengers are the INITIAL build with numbered dash placs and even tho its just a little crummy metal or plastic plac it makes this car VERY SPECIAL and it will over the long haul always be worth more than any subsequent Challengers. So just be patient .....they are being built and they will be comming soon.
Last , please send me any tips you care to as I'm still trying to buy one myself or at the very least order a 2009 model of some kind. Thanks for listening.
PS to 2 members that offered thier help with dealers thanks so much but nothing firm from either one as of yet but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 04-20-2008, 11:36 AM

Fatcat,

I hear ya, I guess its what your willing to pay. My dealership has (2) sold, I have the first. They are supposed to get (2) more but they have said they will be auctioned off to the highest bidder. As these cars are delivered I'm sure they will become more valuable. I hope to be in the D1 club soon.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:01 PM

fatcat, I feel for you, I feel I just got lucky to get one. I walked into the dealer on 1/9, and told them if anyone canceled I would like to be first in line to buy. I was told that just that morning they got another allocation and I could have that one...for $3K over MSRP. I himhawed around and left, telling them I would think about it. I checked other dealers and one told me he could get me one for MSRP. I really think he was blowing smoke to get me in his dealership, so I called my dealer back and told him I could get it for MSRP, they told me to come on in and I could have theirs...so I did...at MSRP. I won't go into anymore details but mine has been on D status since 3/27.

At any rate, my advice is to find some dealers, tell them you want to buy if anyone cancels, and I think with the economy stinking it up, someone will cancel. You may have to pay a bit more than MSRP but if you really want one I think they can still be had. My advice is to find small dealers who are just getting one or two, try to build a relationship with them, and keep your fingers crossed.

I wish you the best of luck. I will keep my eyes and ears open for anything up this way and email you if I find anything.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:05 PM

Today there is over 20 on ebay

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/items/20...gerQQ_catZ6000

If you don't want to buy it on ebay (I know I wouldn't) just watch those auctions and call up those dealers to se if there Ebay deals fall thru!

Quick Reply: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?