Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Old 06-30-2008, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

I am thinking Joanie got her car today! She hasn’t been on today and I am sure that if she didn’t get it she would have let us know by now! Joanie…I hope you are having a good time and all is right with your new Challenger!

Of course you will need to provide pictures and a detailed report of your first drive!
Old 06-30-2008, 10:00 AM

b
Old 06-30-2008, 10:20 AM

This is Months endand a very long day for Joani. She works until 8 tonight and may only get to sit in her car until then. I think she is having all her bolt-on's put on today
Old 06-30-2008, 10:23 AM

Budman,

I'm slowly and ever so painstakingly getting more bitter day by day. I went by my dealer at lunch today and told him cars were passing me by and that my car was in a black hole. He said there has been no update since the 25th, I said yes and no future either. I told him to check his car order no.2 he pulled it up on VV and it was built on the 23rd and has done been to GE and getting ready to ship. My car was built on the 11th. Now isn't this a crock of bull. They will be getting their second car ordered before the first. I do not know who to call or write. After I receive this car if I ever do, I will walk or crawl before I ever buy another chrysler product. And furthermore I am almost to the point of not caring on way or the other. Sorry it has come to this, it is very sad because I have a lot of passion for this car. It is no wonder chrysler & dodge is in the financial shape there in.

ORIGINAL: BUDMAN

Yes it is I dont know if it has been numbered yet but I dont think so just like birddogs and Harley mike
ORIGINAL: 70sguy

Budman,

So what your saying is my car is in the 300 group, unnumbered and just getting bypass by direct from brampton to ge. That is unbelievable.

Thanks for the update.

BTW: What is the wing? chin spoiler?
Old 06-30-2008, 10:35 AM

AMEN!!!!!!! 70sGuy
Old 06-30-2008, 11:08 AM

ORIGINAL: 70sguy

Budman,

I'm slowly and ever so painstakingly getting more bitter day by day. I went by my dealer at lunch today and told him cars were passing me by and that my car was in a black hole. He said there has been no update since the 25th, I said yes and no future either. I told him to check his car order no.2 he pulled it up on VV and it was built on the 23rd and has done been to GE and getting ready to ship. My car was built on the 11th. Now isn't this a crock of bull. They will be getting their second car ordered before the first. I do not know who to call or write. After I receive this car if I ever do, I will walk or crawl before I ever buy another chrysler product. And furthermore I am almost to the point of not caring on way or the other. Sorry it has come to this, it is very sad because I have a lot of passion for this car. It is no wonder chrysler & dodge is in the financial shape there in.
Sorry to hear you are feeling that way 70sguy. Although I have a VIN number that is a bit higher than yours I have had a similar experience. My Challenger order has bounced in status more times than I care to remember. I too have been inflicted with the dealer ordered first Challenger/second Challenger syndrome where the second one is on its way to the dealer but all indications suggest mine has not yet been built. I too have been disappointed by the lack of communication and available information. I too question whether Chrysler will survive in the current market environment. I will however continue to wait in anticipation that my Challenger will arrive in due time and that once it does I will be a very happy man. Until that point I will try to be happy dreaming about that day, living vicariously through those that have recieved thiers. I hope you can get to a place where you can be happy to do the same... until then may peace and contentment be with you.

Keep the faith... and may your Challenger be all you have dreamed of... and more. This too shall pass... Cheers!

Old 06-30-2008, 11:22 AM

Easy Guys,

I know you're fustrated but once you see your car you will forget the long wait and it will be well worth it.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:43 AM

You may be right Paladin, but I really doubt it. With as many issues as they have found that are slowing down some of the cars deliveries, how many don't get caught. (Hopefully none, but only time will tell) And I still disagree with how the distribution has gone. In my Honest Opinion, they should have gone by VON. Even if they only allowed each dealer 1 the first go around. This would have gotten all the early buyers a car by now. It's a crying shame that there are still people out there, including myself, that put in an order early on December 3rd and still are weeks, if not months out. And it will take a lot, even if I was to get my car tomorrow, for me to change my mind about the Chrysler/Dodge company as a whole. Even if I love the car as much as everyone who has gotten their cars.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:20 PM

Great, now mine is in FU status......
Old 06-30-2008, 12:21 PM

Paladin,

I hear you loud and clear, thats what I've been telling myself for a while now. But obviously these cars have some sort of issue to be black holed throughout their production life. You would become skeptical in buying a house that was just treated for termites. Anyone putting out this kind of money would be. Issues could be simple or complex in nature, I don't know. I do know my car was built on the 11th, reached quality inspection on the 22nd and continues to be held for some reason.

Quick Reply: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?