Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Old 11-06-2008, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

Hey Mark... any word on delivery of your 2008 SRT8 Challenger...
I think he said Saturday...hope he gets good weather to play in...
Old 11-06-2008, 08:11 PM

Mike and Chris, #3238 was put on the transport about 2 1/2 hours ago and is headed north here to WA. I am freakin pumped that THE CAR and the long wait is just about over. Hopefully it arrives this weekend. Only problem is if it is to arrive Saturday. Lots going on with the kids and the wife and I are headed to the Marine Corps Ball with our neighbors in the early evening, so dang, I might not get to register her. Ill keep you posted!!!

ORIGINAL: RUBBERBNDMAN

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

Hey Mark... any word on delivery of your 2008 SRT8 Challenger...
I think he said Saturday...hope he gets good weather to play in...
Old 11-06-2008, 08:18 PM

HUGE congrats Mark!
Welcome to the grin club ;-Þ
Old 11-06-2008, 08:34 PM

Thanks Bro!! Guys at work, my kids, and friends have all been along with me. Im tellin ya, I know its mine, but I have never seen such excitement from so many folks in watching someone else get a car. Awesome man, I'm feelin awesome. [sm=happy046.gif]

ORIGINAL: Andre@Edge

HUGE congrats Mark!
Welcome to the grin club ;-Þ
Old 11-07-2008, 10:43 AM

Well, kramtrah, I do believe it's time for another Great Moment in Challenger History!

[IMG]local://upfiles/148/A00547F185194C58BB028825E7EB7D12.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-07-2008, 09:08 PM

RG, you definitely made me laugh tonight. Thanks Bro![sm=roll.gif] I spoke with the transport company early this morning to see when THE CAR would arrive. So driving on a carrier it will be around Monday or Tuesday. Seems like a slow haul, but I don't know what they do along the way.

Spent 5 hours this afternoon at the Seattle Autoshow. Was a good time, although it felt a little like a grave yard in the Chrysler camp with so little car offerings. On the positive side, the Torred Challenger R/T and Blue SE attracted many onlookers, as did their new RAMs.The Compass, oh horrid it is that thing wears the Jeep name. No Avengers were in sight and the Sebrings, well, were just Sebrings. So back to the Challengers my Bro and I went. That brought the spirits back up! Then it was though the GM, oh the humanity of redundancy with some good, but oh so many bad. The GMC Accadia and sisters from Chevy, Buick, and Saturn begs you to question why. Hummer, only H3's came, but four alone were the new H3T. Ford and Lincoln both displayed some bright spots. I have been skeptical of the Flex, but seeing it for reall, it really is a fairly cool vehicle. The Shelby Stang was cool, but the Challenger is so much better (IMHO). The Lincoln MKS, that really was a fine looking vehicle, with a fresh bold look. So we took another round of the Challengers, then round out through the imports, both affordable and exotic, if you go for that stuff, but hands down, the Challenger held its own and was a winner in many nrespects that I observered.

So it brings it all full circle for me with #3238 headed here to big old Bothell. Bright Silver Metallic, 4 miles, polished gas/brake pedals, Floor/Trunk Mats, polished door sills. I'm ready!
Old 11-10-2008, 02:16 PM

ORIGINAL: kramtrah
RG, you definitely made me laugh tonight. Thanks Bro![sm=roll.gif]
Kind of scarey that RG got a picture of you house don"t you think Mark..??

ORIGINAL: kramtrah
I spoke with the transport company early this morning to see when THE CAR would arrive. So driving on a carrier it will be around Monday or Tuesday. Seems like a slow haul, but I don't know what they do along the way.
Smokey burnouts in a Challenger would be my guess...

Did you get it yet..??
Old 11-10-2008, 06:26 PM

I haven't ordered it yet but I was home on R&R last week and I sat down with the Dodge dealer and built the car that i'm going to order. Haha I guess that's a pretty good first step. Now as soon as I know when i'm going to go home for good i'll put the order in and have my '09 Orange and Black SRT waiting for me when I get there....It's definetly a big motivator to get the hell out of here!
Old 11-11-2008, 07:52 PM

Holy crap, but THE CAR is here. Had a lot going on the last few days and can finally catch up. So she arrived very late last night on the carrier and was unloaded about 10:15pm. I did get pics, but I have to upload them yet. She was absoltely filthy and this evening I gave her a wash, in the rain no less, but much needed. I did take her out for a short spin, but being unregistered yet, I didnt want any attention.

So yes, #3238 is comfortable, clean and warm in the garage. I'm sure the 15 year old Dakota, my daily driver, wont mind being pushed to the outside. Its well worth the move. Rubberbndman did give me a call on the way home from work tonight and asked how THE GRIN was. And while I hadnt been for a real drive yet besides from the carrier truck, around the block and into the garage, I still maintained THE GRIN about a mile wide. Looks as if the weekend here in Western Washington might be decent enough to really get out and Im sure to widen THE GRIN even more.

So, to sum it all up, I have finally arrived all. Thanks for being a great group of enthusiasts focused on a great car, THE CAR, The Dodge Challenger.
[sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=drooldude.gif][sm=happy046.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]
Old 11-11-2008, 08:17 PM

welcome to the GRINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Quick Reply: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?