Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Old 05-16-2008, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

I wish they would get started soon. We could all be riding soon.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:56 PM

I have all the recent posts automatically sent to my e-mail address and I just had to start this new post! I whole heartily and in the bottom of my heart feel, and in my gut I KNOW THAT THERE IS DEFINITELY SOMETHING FISHEY GOING ON AT DODGE and that just maybe some of thier dealers are a part of what ever it is!
Just look at all the evidence posted on this and the other 3 forums that I and any of us can read. So many excuses that make no sense at all, all the "status" changes with those that actually ordered one, the few sightings of built Challengers on the road. OH and including the one I saw and chased thru 3 traffic lights 2 weeks ago. It was confirmed to me yesterday as one of the members of my car club followed the guy home as he pulled it in the garage and asked him if he could look at the car...the guy told him it was not to be shown for several weeks and he was told to drive it as little as possible till then . My friend asked why and the guy said he could not answer that. The guy lived in a really big fancy mansion type house in the Long Beach Island area. Who has these few Challengers and why?
Do you ever wonder how so many people get those front row tickets to concerts that you were first in line when they went on sale and could not get good seats? The same thing here with Dodge. Hmmmmmm

I, myself have now contacted 47 dealers as posted before and I asked that I be called with any news of when I could see one, or get a brochure. or just look at one on the floor. Not one dealer has called about anything. I have got a brochure and buyers guide from Fred Garza from Fiesta Dodge in San Antonia Texas and he said he can now order me a 2009 but he has no definite pricing yet. Fred Garza said he is trying to be the official authorized dealer for this forum but I know nothing about that yet. He is the ONLY dealer thats done what he said and seems tob a honest guy.

To those members that are not bothered by these delays and problems caused by this mess I say GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU AND YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND PATIENCE!

And to all those including me that are getting very frustrated and some a little angry I say I AGREE WITH ALL YOU, AND THINK YOU ARE ALL RIGHT IN THINKING, SAYING, AND COMPLAINING with your posts on?or about something is going on thats just not right with DODGE, CERABUS, CHRYSLER, ETC or whoever is the cause !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS 2008 and a technological world we live in today and I for one think and say that there is ABSOLUTLETY NO EXCUSE FOR WHATS GOING ON!!!!!

I'm now at the point that I think crazy ideas of getting us all to file a class action law suit and maybe just the thought of that may scare some info out of Dodge.Or maybe If someone knows somebody with a little pull at a TV network or station and get them to ask Dodge whats the problem that you have so many angry customers?

I don't know what more to say other than if anyone else has any ideas or thoughts please post them on here.
Thanks for reading my rantings. God Bless YOU ALL and Thanks, FATCAT
[:@]
ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

Let's face it guys and gals... Dodge is definately up to something. They are kicking back and working out thier master plan for the release of the mighty Challenger SRT8. I think it may have been 70sguy that mentioned something about a simultaneous release of all the Challengers they could muster at one time??... Well... all the stuff that is going on... I Am starting to think... maybe???

I am definately starting to think they are up to a major media hype to release this bad boy... we'll see soon enough I guess...
Old 05-17-2008, 04:41 AM

As I see it, Dodge has aimed for May delivery for several months and may be a few days or weeks behind. TAKE A CHILL PILL!!! Try to imagine how complex the modern car is. One little problem can stop the line. If 500 cars are produced and a tiny problem is found, then they have to try to fix all 500 once they have a solution. If they want to deliver all 6400 on the same day, why would that be a problem? Some of you spend so much time trying to make things fair, it seems that would be fair. (I for one realize the world is not fair)
Very soon the cars will arrive and if there are any problems I wonder if the conspiracy theorist here will be wanting to file their class action aginst the manufacturer or whoever else they can think of for intentionally putting out a bad product. Dodge is a business and businesses do what is best for them and their paying customers and common sense tells me they will get us our cars ASAP.
Fatcat, Fatcat, Fatcat,
The reason those people get the front row seats is because they are resourcefull. They are whatever it takes people. They are the people who make America work!
Old 05-17-2008, 04:50 AM

If I might make a minor correct to your statement. Companies due what best for

1. The Company
2. Their Shareholders
3. The consumer

and in that order...

ORIGINAL: GPMAN

As I see it, Dodge has aimed for May delivery for several months and may be a few days or weeks behind. TAKE A CHILL PILL!!! Try to imagine how complex the modern car is. One little problem can stop the line. If 500 cars are produced and a tiny problem is found, then they have to try to fix all 500 once they have a solution. If they want to deliver all 6400 on the same day, why would that be a problem? Some of you spend so much time trying to make things fair, it seems that would be fair. (I for one realize the world is not fair)
Very soon the cars will arrive and if there are any problems I wonder if the conspiracy theorist here will be wanting to file their class action aginst the manufacturer or whoever else they can think of for intentionally putting out a bad product. Dodge is a business and businesses do what is best for them and their paying customers and common sense tells me they will get us our cars ASAP.
Fatcat, Fatcat, Fatcat,
The reason those people get the front row seats is because they are resourcefull. They are whatever it takes people. They are the people who make America work!
Old 05-17-2008, 05:25 AM

We all have a feeling that Dodge is correcting some issues prior to optimizing production of the challenger. Hopefully they will get these issues behind them and we will get our cars. I can't help but to wonder how long does the shipping take? ne= 5days, mw6-7 days, se 6-7 days, nw 8-9 days, sw 8-9 days? just curious does anyone know these logistics? I would think a dealer that has tracked an ordered 300 or charger may have some ensight on this.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:41 AM

Paladin06, Paladin06,Paladin06,Paladin06, First of all I am not a conspiracy theorist ....I REPEAT I AM NOT A CONSPIRACY THEORIST!!!
Secondly the purpose of my rant was merely to point out, that no matter the problems with this car and Dodge , they could and should be more open and honest than they have been to thier customers. American consumers are much smarter and understanding than Dodge gives us the respect for. All they need do is just tell us why the delay and that we will get our cars by such and such date and I'm sure 99% of us would be happy and understanding. I agree life is not fair, I was not talking fair , just repect! So there goes that assumption. Now as for concert tickets , say what you like and for your info Ive been resourcefull all my life or I wouldn't be where I'm at now and no one can tell me that when you know way ahead of time that tickets will go on sale a certain date and you check every venue possible and show up at the ticket sales office at 5 am on the morning of a 10 am sales opening and you are 3rd in line and you get to the window and the only seats left are at the sides "fairly" close or on the floor center but 50 rows back that someone or some large ticket buying company, or scalper, or big corporation, or someone with pull or connections has bought out all the front row and close side tickets. I know now you'll tell me that this is the American way, well you may be right but it still stinks in my book and I'm sure in my heart, but not in my time, that that kind of capitalistic greed , unjustness, or unfairness is NOT GOOD for America and may be the eventual downfall in 100 or so yrs. Most of all the people that make America work are all us poor hard working slobs who go to work every day of our life and work hard at doing our job the best we can and not spending time figuring out how to beat the system , be resourcefull, or lying to people about why they are not getting their cars ,ETC. As I said in my rant .....God bless you and those that have patience and understanding of Dodge.......and the best of luck to the rest of us......but I really mean GOD BLESS US ALL......FATCAT
ORIGINAL: Paladin06

If I might make a minor correct to your statement. Companies due what best for

1. The Company
2. Their Shareholders
3. The consumer

and in that order...

ORIGINAL: GPMAN

Fatcat, Fatcat, Fatcat,
Old 05-17-2008, 01:26 PM

change of subject... Question were does or how does the front licence plate mount any pictures??? thanks
Old 05-17-2008, 02:32 PM

Check out the Charger, I believe it will be similar.
ORIGINAL: jh27_1970

change of subject... Question were does or how does the front licence plate mount any pictures??? thanks
Old 05-17-2008, 05:59 PM

ORIGINAL: fatcat
All they need do is just tell us why the delay and that we will get our cars by such and such date and I'm sure 99% of us would be happy and understanding.
Gee... and how much dramatic effect do you think that would have??
Old 05-17-2008, 06:04 PM

ORIGINAL: RRUNNER

Check out the Charger, I believe it will be similar.
ORIGINAL: jh27_1970

I really dislike those thick plastic license mounting rings. I will be telling my dealer not to get within fourty yards of my challenger with a drill, period!!
I will fabricate some simple L brackets and find some existing body bolts or similar to tie into. No ugly oem bracket for mine...

Quick Reply: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?