Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER?? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2009-challenger-any-model-order-3811/)

tnek 07-14-2008 05:28 AM

RE: WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER??

Just checked mine again. Wont bother for a few weeks since the Brampton plant is down.
Im in BX.. was in BX last week.
SRT8
Auto
Orange
all other opts but sunroof.
Ordered June 26th.

RyanNY 07-14-2008 02:29 PM

Hello all,
I'm curious to how much $$ you folks put down as a deposit. I just came back form a Dodge dealership and they wanted a $5000 deposit for an R/T. It seemed a little steep to me. What do you guys think?

fatcat 07-14-2008 02:37 PM

RyanNY this is just my personal opinion but I'm considering several orders and I will not put down more than 500 dollars I have one ordered with that amount a maybe a second with 250 untill I get a vin number to protect myself Fat Cat

ORIGINAL: RyanNY

Hello all,
I'm curious to how much $$ you folks put down as a deposit. I just came back form a Dodge dealership and they wanted a $5000 deposit for an R/T. It seemed a little steep to me. What do you guys think?

RoswellGrey 07-15-2008 02:53 AM

My dealer didn't require a deposit, but I went ahead and put $2,000 down.

brucer41 07-15-2008 05:58 AM

My dealer asked for a $1000 deposit, refundable of course. I was only too happy to oblige.

66Cuda 07-15-2008 06:09 AM

My Challenger is in C status as of 7/1 and has a tentative build date of 8/20

I put $1000 down.

clasko10 07-15-2008 06:18 PM

I just cancelled my order for a 2009 SRT8. I am a Chrysler employee and I am a bit spooked about the the way the industry is going. I ordered because I wanted a Hemi Orange six-speed, but have since decided that black would make me happy. I know black will be available as long as Challengers are produced so I decided to wait. I wish you all the best with your 09's. If the economy gets better by next spring I hope to be back in the market for an SRT or RT. Good luck.

RUBBERBNDMAN 07-15-2008 06:23 PM

Does this mean massive layoffs on horizon?

RyanNY 07-16-2008 01:33 AM

Well, I called another Dodge dealership yesterday and they wanted $2000 down. I wonder if all the Dodge dealerships in NY want high deposits. If anyone knows a reputable dealership in NY that wants $1000 or less please PM me or email me - the hunt continues. Anyway, I wonder if Hemi Orange really will be limited to 08/09. My family thinks I'm a little crazy for wanting an Orange car, but they just don't understand ha. Looking over this thread I see I'm not the only one that thinks HEMI Orange is the way to go. ;)

RoswellGrey 07-16-2008 03:03 AM

An interesting "touch base" e-mail from my salesman, particularly those of you who've ordered R/Ts:

Hey there. The next few weeks should bring some movement on the orders. It appears they are building R/T automatics first. The rest will go quickly.
I appreciate your order and if you need anything, please do not hesitate to call me.
Thank you and I look forward to making this an AWESOME experience for you.

I suppose I should tell him that I've been to a goat-roping, three county fairs and ridden the Wild Mouse roller-coaster at Riverview Amusement Park, so buying a car must be something pretty special indeed to qualify as AWESOME. [8D]