Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER??

Old 08-18-2008, 06:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER??

lollllllllllllllll that is all i can say.... glad you are enjoying it.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:57 AM

FatBastard hmmmmmmmm a sxt wow and you don't even know what options it has or care me thinks you not even sure what kind of car you bought sxt i believe Toyota or Nissan has an sxt ...oh wait a minute maybe its a neon and that why you are in the Dodge forum well thats OK we understand oh and we order because we have the patience to wait and the desire to get the DODGE CHALLENGER exactly how we want it and like it so WE don't have to pay more than we need too Good luck with your SXT Fat Cat [sm=gears.gif]
ORIGINAL: FatBastard

Order??? why do you want to order one??? I saw a black sxt on my local lot on tues, talked to them on thurs signed my life away ,and was driving it on sat .options somptions .I love it. get in the car for a test drive with the salesman [ladie] I drive we move she turns on the radio I imediately turn it off I am not buying a radio Iam buying a car .I get it on the road and mat it . It goes o.k.
The sxt has the v6 . The traction control will not let it spin a tire believe me I;m trying .I have had vehicals in the past which would go very fast . I got in trouble. With the 6 I can beat this thing sensless . Pedal to the floor ,10 mile an hour over the limit , stand on the brake , back down to the limit FUN WOW.
I am driving this thing like I stole it.
I let my buddies drive it .
I:ve let some of my neighbours drive it.
I will let some of my co workers drive it .
It is way to cool and fun not to share.
Between V6 and traction control this car is idiot proof. It drives better than it looks.
Options? To tell you the truth I am not sure which options it has .
But it has the important ones
the round thing in front of the seat that you grab and twist side to side and thats where it goes
those things on the floor that make the engine louder and the bigger one that makes the tires chirp when you stop
GPS who cares satalite radio big deal
If I got a hemi big or small I would get in trouble for sure
THIS IS ONE SMOKIN CAR AND IS VERY HARD TO LOOK GRUMPY IN
Well enough of this computor crap I think I;m going for a drive
see ya
Old 08-18-2008, 07:07 AM

Um Fatcat? Sorry to contradict you, but the Canadians do get an SXT.

Edit for embarassing typo [:@]
Old 08-18-2008, 07:11 AM

Well, as of this morning, Taliban says I am still @ C. I ordered on 5/23. HAs anyone with a six speed R/T moved past C?

After the call, i am now past the touch up paint and on to hair spray!
Old 08-18-2008, 07:13 AM

brucer41 and to TRW762X51mm It has been said by others on this forum that what the hell is going on may have to do with the dealers allotments You see my wife just retired from 30 yrs at a multi car dealership and she said that the dealer gets so many allotments based on the previous months sales and that sure he can order a customer bought car and receive it eventually but he will use his allotments first on ordering cars for his stock sales first and our ordered cars will wait till last. Its probably imposible but I'm going to try and have the dealer show me his list of ordered Challengers to see where I stand I doubt that he will though.

As for the Gorrilla Glue don't worry I don't wet either side of my nose so it won't foam up but what a high it gives me untill I start wondering about my soon to come Challenger......arghhhhhhhhhhhhh its getting harder and harder to waaaaaaaaaiiiiiittttt Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]
ORIGINAL: brucer41

It is very aggrevating to be sure. I wonder why nothing is showing for us? I can deal with the wait as long as I have an idea of wait I am looking at but not knowing anything at all is frustrating. I know all the 08 guys are saying be patient etc. but the 09's are building and rolling out so us with D or better should be able to get some sort of idea what in the hell is going on.

And Fatcat, be careful with the Gorilla Glue, you know it foams a lot when you use it and too much and you will look like a rabid dog, and unfortunately that look will need to be pried off once it dries!
Old 08-18-2008, 07:23 AM

Skids33t are you sure about that for the CHallenger? I remember them saying on here that they get the SRT 8 the same as us but not the numbered dash plack and their SRT 8 models are called the SRT 8 500 series and then there are Challenger R/T 's and Challenger SE's and in looking at Red Letter Dodge it also said for 2009 just SRT 8's, R/T's, and SE's so check it to be sure. Then again if FatBastard didn't know or care what options he got what difference does it make to us ....[sm=happybounce.gif] LOL Fat Cat [sm=gears.gif]
ORIGINAL: SKiDs33t

Um Fatcat? Sorry to contradict you, but the Canadians do get an SXT.

Edit for embarassing typo [:@]
Old 08-18-2008, 07:35 AM

I just got off the Taliban line doing my weekly aggrevating status call and first they couldnt find my car by the VIN, then they told me that the VON, which I have is 8 numbers, was wrong as the VON is supposed to be 10 numbers. After 20 minutes or arguring with the impolite gentleman telling him that I have been using that VON for almost four months to check status he finally tells me that he found my car and it is back in C STATUS!!!! I asked how in hell can that be as it has been D for 2 weeks. Of course, without a clue tried to explain that all he could see was it was in C. I hung up and called my dealer SM. He verified on his morning run that it was in C and he didnt know why. ARGH!!! Tonight, face down in a bucket of Testors... hopefully it will dry with no air pockets.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:04 AM

Hmmmm I think I know what I bought.
The sxt is [high?] optioned se I think .
My point is that if it is on the lot you get instant gratification .
This will really piss some of you off I WAS GETTING ANCY WAITING TWO DAYS
But the pay off is immense .
Anyone who gets this car will be extremely pleased no matter what power plant you get
I realize I bought the "318 " or a slant six car but trust me she goes a little better.
The v6 has just enough to keep me interested but is not going to go 150 mph [245kph eh!!]
Here in ontario if you get caught driving 30 mph [50 kph eh!!!] over the limit they {police] TAKE YOUR CAR
go faster than that, THEY CRUSH YOUR CAR [ while you watch and weep}
Hemi ? I dont think so, I would get in trouble.
PS I paid 30 grand in beaver bucks for her

PPS so much for the 68 dart sitting in my garage that I was going to turn in to 250 hp slant six car

Someone [dealer] has told me that I own the first one in ontario
this might be true because I havn,t seen one coming the other way yet

Oh one other thing
I know you guys are pissed waiting for your cars I know they are being built in canada [brampton ontario ]
But we have lost close to 100 {ONE HUNDRED} soldiers in afganastan fighting those taliban pricks
please call chrysler some other derogitory name
thanks
Old 08-18-2008, 08:32 AM

I heard that they haven’t built any 6speed cars yet. I wonder if that has something to do with it. Everyday my 6speed R/T gets pushed back and is still in C.

ORIGINAL: brucer41

I just got off the Taliban line doing my weekly aggrevating status call and first they couldnt find my car by the VIN, then they told me that the VON, which I have is 8 numbers, was wrong as the VON is supposed to be 10 numbers. After 20 minutes or arguring with the impolite gentleman telling him that I have been using that VON for almost four months to check status he finally tells me that he found my car and it is back in C STATUS!!!! I asked how in hell can that be as it has been D for 2 weeks. Of course, without a clue tried to explain that all he could see was it was in C. I hung up and called my dealer SM. He verified on his morning run that it was in C and he didnt know why. ARGH!!! Tonight, face down in a bucket of Testors... hopefully it will dry with no air pockets.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:55 AM

I dare you to drive SRT8 like you stole it lol...glad you love THE CAR.

Quick Reply: WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER??