Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER??

Old 08-18-2008, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER??

ORIGINAL: jeffko

I ordered my '09 R/T (TorRed, 27J, 6 SPD, 20", sunroof) on June 13th (VON 22085106). My car "went BX" on June 20th, and as of July 2nd, the car is in C status. My dealer is just outside columbus ohio, and had 3 cars allocated. I was really hoping for a mid August delivery, but i am trying to not get excited after following this forum for the last 6 months!
Jeffco,
I ordered my TorRed SRT with 6 speed the same day (all options 'cept sun roof and stripe delete). Sales Mgr. at that time said "November". Last week when I checked status (BX) he told me that the 6 speeds were following the automatics. So I'm still anticipating November and if it comes in before that, than so much the better.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:07 AM

with the v6 off a side street onto hiway pedal to the metal crank the wheel full lock left or right the car sticks to the road
motor shuts down [just like it bogs ] and optimum traction and acceleration takes place fool proof

ya ya I know I might be a fool but I got my car!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 09:26 AM

Skids33t are you sure about that for the CHallenger? I remember them saying on here that they get the SRT 8 the same as us but not the numbered dash plack and their SRT 8 models are called the SRT 8 500 series and then there are Challenger R/T 's and Challenger SE's and in looking at Red Letter Dodge it also said for 2009 just SRT 8's, R/T's, and SE's so check it to be sure. Then again if FatBastard didn't know or care what options he got what difference does it make to us .... LOL Fat Cat
Sorry it took me so long to reply, I just got home from work. The Canadians did get the SRT8 500 for the 08 model year, but that was just a one year deal. In answer to your question, yes. I am sure. Check out the Canadian Dodge Challenger page at:

http://www.dodge.ca/en/challenger/

The SXT is basically an SE with R/T options such as:
ESP
Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel and Gear Shift
Custom Cloth Seats (With Grey Inserts)
Premium floor mats
Securit Alarm
etc....

As for Fatbastard, I wasnt debating if he had a car or not. Frankly, I dont care one way or the other. But the SXT is real.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:28 AM

I didn't realise those fellows in India or wherever they are from were Chrysler employees. I thought they were contractors doing a job at the lowest possible rate of pay. I lost all respect for them during the six months I was waiting on my SRT to be built. One day in particular, I had called them to check on my status and the fellow couldn't find my order or even find my VON. I requested to speak to a Senior staff Agent. I think he passed me on to the fellow in the next cubicle and when I started asking specific questions that he couldn't answer, there was a long silence as I was connected to a real Senior staff Agent. When I told of my experience and gave the name of the phony, she told me that there were no Senior staff Agents by that name. But, she was more mad at me interrupting her day trying to get some customer service than she was about someone pretending to be at her level of management. She finally got civil enough to say that there was nothing she could do about the incompetence and lies that I had been subjected to. So,I know that in any workforce there are good employees and there are a few that give all the others a black eye. I just can't say that Chrysler's customer service lines live up to their name.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:32 AM

Well when your dinner is cooked over COW DUNG you might not give a hoot about some Americans car either.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:46 AM

My main man at the dealership taking my order, 30 yrs experience and the Fleet Mgr with his own 09 SRT 6 sp on order, tells me this AM almost dead certain that..........

my Black 09 R/T 6 speed is going D status and VIN tomorrow......

Heh heh.....

We shall see......
Old 08-18-2008, 12:26 PM

Who knows, maybe we will both get lucky. My dealer said I should have my VIN sometime this week, Im hoping that means D status as well.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:55 PM

I feel bad about giving you guys a hard time about ordering your cars
I know you are serious enthusists and waiting must be driving you nuts.
So heres my present to you guys
While driving home from work this afternoon I came up behind a transport truck and pulled out to pass
I passed him fine and everthing but....... in my head I said gee I wish it had just a little more
The writings on the wall it wont be long before I will be saying " I should have got the Hemi"
but I still LOVE MY CHALLENGER
Old 08-18-2008, 08:13 PM

Cant wait!

When are they going to schedule 2009 6 speed SRT8 and progress them past C status - I hope Tuesday.

Please build mine soon, soon, soon
Old 08-19-2008, 08:53 AM

Does anyone have their magic VIN VISION goggles on? I call the 800 number and keep getting told the same thing about my status. If anyone can look at my VON or VIN and get more info I'd appreciate it. THANKS!

VON: 22085589
VIN: 2B3LJ54T19H504305

Quick Reply: WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER??