Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER??

Old 09-06-2008, 07:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHO HAS A 2009 ON ORDER?

I think my car is in the first wave of SRTs to be built. As I stated above, it is slated to begin production on Monday the 8th. According to Budmans reliable sources, only 3600 SRTs will be produced for the 09 model year.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:48 AM

I orderes my srt 8 on June 27 so if you got a build date Im getting closer hope yours gets built on time
Old 09-06-2008, 09:40 AM

Man, this car is great. It definately has the cool factor. I'm taking it easy breaking it in. My wife is having a great time getting all the u-connect working for the phone. She likes playing with all the electronic toys. I will attest to the rear bumper being flimsy feeling as are the black lower sections. The ride is great but I am used to our Sebring convertible ride which is marginal. It has a lot of places that hold water when you wash it, I can't put the chamois away. More later. I haven't put my stripes on yet or gotten the rear spoiler painted, maybe next week. Where do I go to learn how to post pictures ?
Old 09-06-2008, 10:27 AM

In order to post a pic you need to host it somewhere like ImageShack.

I have a 09 RT 6 speed Dark Titanium on Order. Still waiting to hear from the dealer on its order status. Put in the order back in July and no word yet.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:44 AM

ORIGINAL: 05flhtcse
Where do I go to learn how to post pictures ?
There is also a sticky thread in the New Members section that explains it.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:54 AM

I know there will be better deals made, so I am just posting this for info. I paid $750 over invoice, which is $1464 under MSRP. I'm happy and so is the wife.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:48 AM

Hi guys! Congrats on your Challenger purchases. All the things with ordering everyone is going through is standard procedure for a completely brand new vehicle. I ordered a brand new 2007 Dodge Caliber back when they were first released. I ordered on May 1st, 2006. The dealer didn't get any allocations for any Calibers for the month of May and all the ones he had for April were all used up. So my order just sat there until June 1st, when he got 3 allocations for Calibers. Since I ordered May 1st, I was on top of the list to get an allocation. As of June 5th, my order went from BX to D status. It sat in D status from June 5th to nearly the end of August where it slipped into D1 status and then about 3 days later it was built. Didn't receive my Caliber until September. So I waited from May until September to get it. Of course now its the standard 6 to 8 weeks or even quicker if they already have one built like you ordered. By the spring, I would think it would the same way with the Challenger.

In between those dates, I did the call the Dodge Info Center and TRIED to get a status. I got the same run around as all of you. One day its in this status, the next day its in this status. It was in D status once and then back to BX and so forth. What actually pissed me off more was the other 2 Calibers ordered AFTER mine had already been built shipped and one was actually delivered before mine was even built. I actually had to get the dealer to call his sales rep and see what was going on. After a few phone calls, mine was pushed ahead of everyone else's scheduled that day because someone screwed up at the factory and never built mine when it was supposed to be built. They even bypassed quality control. It came right of the assembly line and directly on a truck. Luckily I haven't experienced any issues what that vehicle. I now have a 2008 Caliber R/T FWD.

Anyways, all of the waiting is just that, waiting. Its built when its built and it gets there when it gets there. Yes it sucks and you just can't wait for the day the dealer calls you and says your vehicle has arrived and is ready to be picked up. On the bright side for me, it gave me an extra month and a half to save up for a larger down payment so I didn't have to take out as large of a loan. If I remember right, I put down $3200 and I was originally only going to put down $2,000.

We all went though the same things on the Caliber forum. This thread is like an exact duplicate of what we went through and said. hehe.... In the end its so cool to FINALLY post pics of it and says its FINALLY HERE!

So just keep the faith...it will come! And when it does, you won't be disappointed. You'll start having second thoughts, or look around on dealer lots for one "kind of" like you ordered because you're sick of waiting. DON'T SETTLE! Wait for the vehicle you want. You'll end up being unhappy with your purchase because it didn't have this option like you wanted or that. Don't buy one just because you want one now. It will be totally worth it in the end. I can certainly understand those living where it snows. I sure as heck wouldn't want to take home a car like a Challenger (at least an R/T or SRT) when the snow is flying. Hopefully it will come before that happens.

Oh and BTW...hello to everyone. I'm looking to possibly order one in the spring (2009). Still weighing my options...
Old 09-07-2008, 09:14 AM

ORIGINAL: SKiDs33t

I just checked the tracking section of ENCS.com. My car now has a build date listed! She is scheduled to begin assembly on the 8th! And considering our status dates Brucer, your car should be right there with me.

Edit:
Changed my mind on what to name the car. Scarlet just sounded too feminine. From hence forth, she shall be known as. BIG RED
Come to think of it, that would make an awesome vanity plate.
SKiDs, way cool Bro! Congrats on the firm schedule for build. I checked late on Friday and this AM to see if there has been a change yet for me and nothing yet. I suspect that I will see something Monday or Tuesday. Fingers crossed for all of us on the verge of build!
Old 09-07-2008, 01:49 PM

Brucer41 and Skids , I'm joining you guys cause I'm in about the exact same status as you all. I had a build date in status D-1 but in Canada that day , Aug 29,2008 was a HOLIDAY for them and they did not work in the plant that day. I have their work schedule if you'd like to see it. Anyway someone on here posted that like 3 days after your build date your car may be actually built. Someone else said it was like 3 weeks from scheduled build date to actual build. I think they are just trying to drive us CRAZY !!!! LOL. They secretely work for Testors, you know that company? Andre knows it well! But seriously I hope that we all get some good news soon about any movement on our cars because after they are built who knows what kind of shipping delays Dodge will incounter Arghhhhhh More glue please.... as you can tell my patience is wearing thin here .....Soon I hope for all of us!!! Before the SNOW flies PLEASE!!

Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]
Old 09-07-2008, 04:17 PM

I hear ya Fatcat. The closer we get, the harder the wait is. All I know is that every time I get good news, such as a status upgrade, Im walking on air the whole day. Bad news drives me into a funk. No news for a week and I start to get jumpy. Who knows, maybe we will get lucky and get some good news this week. I dont know how long it takes for a car to travel down the assembly line from start to finish, but Im hoping we hear something by Friday. Currently my estimated delivery date to the port in Baltimore is the 16th. I know how fluid that date can be, but Id really like to get Big Red on a ship by the end of the month.

Quick Reply: WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER??