Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   To drive or not to drive. (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/new-member-area-5/drive-not-drive-2555/)

Overpowered 02-11-2008 05:52 PM

RE: To drive or not to drive.

Mine will be opposite of the mailman.

It will not see rain, sleet, snow or hail.

Cruises or trips to work in general. Will not see more than a couple thousand miles a year if even that much.

Eric

Paladin06 02-11-2008 06:10 PM

I hear you. Twice a month maybe and only when rain, no snow herein AZ, is not with 200 miles. I've got a seven year old car now with 40K on it, never seen snow and only rain by accident and my Challenger will have even less milage and NO weather wear.

ORIGINAL: Overpowered

Mine will be opposite of the mailman.

It will not see rain, sleet, snow or hail.

Cruises or trips to work in general. Will not see more than a couple thousand miles a year if even that much.

Eric

DK challenger 02-11-2008 06:27 PM

'09 6.1L manual, will drive it to school every day and beat all the camaro's and mustang's. imports wont even be a challenge for the challenger!:D

easyjs 02-11-2008 06:32 PM

When I can afford to buy one it will be a sunday driver and not much more than that. I however can not see paying so much over sticker just to be the first one on the block to have one. Sure if i had more money than common sense maybe, but until the prices level out and the rest of us working class can actually afford this beautiful piece of rolloing sculpture I will have to wait to place my order. I am however sure of one thing it will be black.

1971Chall 02-12-2008 05:45 AM

I will be using my car as a fair weather car only. Still not sure on R/T vs SRT. I am with the group that wants the manual trans. I have been fortunate to be able to own a few muscle cars but at this point I have decided to sell my '73 Z-28 in order to get the Challenger. I love the Z(I know,don't flame me) but I really love the new Challenger and think this will be the last opportunity to own a new musclecar as we currently know them.

DK challenger 02-12-2008 07:03 AM

Don't fell bad for having a Z 1971Chall, i got a 79 Z28.

1971Chall 02-12-2008 08:12 AM

That's good, lol, I'm not alone.

RRUNNER 02-14-2008 02:19 PM

ORIGINAL: easyjs

When I can afford to buy one it will be a sunday driver and not much more than that. I however can not see paying so much over sticker just to be the first one on the block to have one. Sure if i had more money than common sense maybe, but until the prices level out and the rest of us working class can actually afford this beautiful piece of rolloing sculpture I will have to wait to place my order. I am however sure of one thing it will be black.
Mine will be a toy and I would imagine 2500-3000 miles per year would be all I'd be driving it. Definitely will not get out of the garage in bad weather.

What locations of the country are seeing prices over MSRP? My dealer's first offer was 3K over sticker and I said I would give him MSRP. You know what he said? SOLD!!!

DSkippy 02-15-2008 12:03 AM

What's your dealer's name? It'd be nice for us to start cataloging dealers for MSRP, and maybe even later, below. Kind of a running tally of the best deals gotten on the forum (as long as there'd be no conflict of interest of course).

threefidee 02-15-2008 04:07 AM

Mine will be garage furniture. I will probably haul it to the Woodward Dream Cruise and drive it there for a hundred miles. That is about it.

Jody