Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

To drive or not to drive.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: To drive or not to drive.

That would be cool to drive to the Woodward cruise in a challenger.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:20 AM

I won't drive to it as I am 375 miles away but I will drive it on Woodward Ave. What a great car event.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:34 AM

I can just imagine a sea of 6,400 Hemi Orange 2008s at Woodward this year...

Here's an original idea folks: DRIVE YOUR CHALLENGER! Seems to be that "back in the day" Muscle Cars actually got driven and crashed and repaired and restored; imagine that?!?!? They weren't wrapped up in saran wrap and stuck in a garage like some kinda time capsule. If you're a Collector please disregard, but for the ordinary Joe's like most of us here, I think it would only be prudent to drive the car.

For me, it will be a daily driver from May 1st thru December 1st each and every year. Winter beater the other months. Regardless of what you decide to do, I fully support your decision and to each his/her own. But just remeber; if you treat it like a Trailer Queen, it'll act like a Trailer Queen.
ORIGINAL: DK challenger

That would be cool to drive to the Woodward cruise in a challenger.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:17 AM

I doubt all the Challengers will be sold and around the Detroit area. There may even be a black or a silver one there [sm=icon_cheers.gif]. I don't think many ordinary Joe's are going to buy one of these and drive it as a daily driver. By all means do what you want to with these cars. There is no right or wrong and the more that get driven on a regular basis does not hurt my position at all. I hope mine does not act like a trailer queen but if she does, I will use my warranty!
Old 02-19-2008, 08:02 AM

I'm sure a beach road trip will be in order for me, but hey, no right no wrong. I will sit in it in the driveway for a few hours just dreaming of the 70s again.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In Wednesday's SRT 300C Chat Session, someone asked the engineers if it would be okay to drive a new SRT 800 miles home from the dealer. I had previously asked this question several months ago and they said it was okay- just avoid wide open throttle.

Yesterday, they expanded upon their previous answer and stated that the SRT engines are partially broken-in when they arrive at the dealers. They have already been run for 200 miles at 30 mph before they are installed in new vehicles. After the first tank of gas, the engine will have been run 500 miles and is fully broken-in. I thought that this was interesting.

[sm=gears.gif]
Old 04-09-2008, 05:22 PM
Banned

09 srt8 wil lbe my daily driver all seasons..
They are made to drive and when its tired Ill buy another.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:33 PM

Well guys, first post but a pretty good story. My new Challenger will be a work vehicle, totally paid for out of company funds! Of course all foul weather days will require driving to work in my 1988 Dodge p/u instead of the Challenger . As a side note, I am the owner of the company so I do have some influence in the decision making.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:02 PM

I sold 2 cars and my new Jeep. You can bet this will see many great miles and I wont regret one. I didnt buy this so my kid could have something to sell in 2040... I will drive this like i stole it.

Now, my 1970 440-6 Cuda was restored in 97 and has not seen the light of day. I drove it once after it was complete and spent 4000+ dollars bringing it back to unstarted condition.

The 2008 is my toy. I paid 8500 for a matching numbered 440-6 with 31,000 miles on it. It was lock in a sea transport van on the island of Kodiak and untouched since 1978. After 3 hard years and money I dont even want to count it sits like art. If I had not got the Challenger I would have shipped that Cuda down and drove it!

Old 04-29-2008, 04:31 AM

Andre you are a better man then I . I put 300 miles on the sixpack superbird that I restored.It was a 20,000 mile nice car to start with and I loved driveing it but only in nice weather and my challenger will get drove daiyly until I can get a 09 RT and have it turned into a 71 cuda and I plan on driveing it everyday rain or no rain but not in the snow .

Quick Reply: To drive or not to drive.