Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello Everyone couple of questions

Old 04-12-2007, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello Everyone couple of questions

Hi everyone my name is Bill and im 23 years old. Well lucky me god granted me the job of my dreams a great paying job doing drafting and design in Downtown Chattanooga in the SouthEast. I have been saving a pretty good amount and Ive looked at all the cars on the market. Nothing stands out i normally like big cars with good power Lincon / Cadillac. Hell im 23 most of the time people don't find there career till near 30 so i want to enjoy myself while im young. Ive alwayz love muscle cars with a deep passion but in my generation around here there pretty much non-existant, everyone wants fast and the furious 4 bangers.

Now i have done all the research i can on all the websites and all the articles i can read about the 2008 Dodge Challenger this is the car for me. The interior is great and the beauty of this car makes me speechless. From what ive seen there are 2 versions of the car PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG. the v6 v5.4L and the 392 Hemi 6.1L.

Dont forget im wanting to drive it casually to work I have another car I drive now that i will be keeping. Its a 92' Crown Vic, Ex private investegator's car from Fl. IT has a v8 Intercepter moter in it and has quite good speed.

I know there has been no price released yet if anyone has a slight clue of how much we are expecting the challenger would be I would be so greatful even if it is just a guess from someone who knows alot about cars.

In conclusion I owned a v6 2003 Mustang..I thought it was as close to a muscle car as i would get (i was 19 couldn't get v8 b/c my insurance would have been over 400 a month) and it wasn't NEAR as fast as i wanted. With the new challenger can anyone guarntee me it will have alot more get go and raw power than the mustang i owned? i was very unpleased with it.

WilliamMcBryar@aol.com

If anyone would want to chat about older or new challengers feel free to hit me up im trying to learn all i can.

Thank You.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:56 AM

Default RE: Hello Everyone couple of questions

I would think their have two V8 versions the 5.7 and 6.1 hemi, and probably a V6 model. Someelse may step in and give the liter of the 6 cylinder.

As long as you get a V8 model, it better be able to out perform the V6 mustang.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Hello Everyone couple of questions

Welcome to the site, Puthy. You will be pleasantly surprised to find that many members on this site such as myself are in your age bracket.

As of right now the 3.5L V6 is uncertain. The V8 versions that we know of for right now are the 5.7L and 6.1L Hemi. It is uncertain which trim badges these models will receive (example R/T and SRT to which engine). The 392 Hemi so far is just a rumor that we are hoping will come true. The liter displacement of the 392 is a 6.4L. One reason why some of us suspect the 392 might be offered is because the 392 was offered in a model displayed at the SEMA (Super Stock model) autoshow which is mostly models that are heavily modified by the manufactures. This does not guarantee either way that this will ever be produced though.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts