Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hey

Old 08-29-2008, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey

Hello everyone, just signed up. I've been thinking of buying a new car cause my 98 Crown Vic is starting to go. I've become very interested in the Challengers and I'm going to a nearby dealership soon. Because I'm only 19 I'll be looking for SE's and the one think that might stop me from buying one is the insurance. But I look forward to posting more and hopefully buying one soon.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:14 AM

Default RE: Hey

Insurance should not be a particular problem with the SE. I remember when I bought my 2000 V-6 Mustang and called my insurance company, the first thing the woman said when I read off the VIN number was, "Be glad you didn't buy a GT. The rates would kill you." Needless to say, I am getting another V-6 in my Challenger.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:37 AM

Yea, I'm hoping its not to to high. Right now I only pay 700/yr for my Crown Vic because I'm still under my mom. Since I want the car in my name, I'll have to have my own insurance so I'm hoping its decently low.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:57 PM

Welcome to the forum Ryan!!

Insurance will more than likely be higher if you are going off your parents policy... but the v6 model should be a fairly normal rate AND the Challengers have a lot of safety features that should make for lower insurance cost. Shop around... the difference from company to company can be HUGE.

Also might want to go to an insurance broker and have them shop for you. They want your business so they should be happy to do some footwork for you. Look some Insurance Brokers up in the phone book. Last time we shopped for insurance thats what we did and the broker did and still has been getting us the best deal we can find. Havent been able to beat thier rates yet and I comparison shop every year just to check on them.

Good Luck... Have Fun... Be Safe! Cheers!!
Old 08-29-2008, 07:59 PM

Alright, will do. Me and my girlfriend are going to our first Dodge dealership tomorrow. I will also start looking into insurance companies. Thanks a lot guys.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:44 PM

Just remember... not sure I made it clear... BROKER not AGENT.

Also be sure to shop around on the price of the car. I have been hearing of a huge difference in pricing from one dealership to another. Post if you have any questions and I am sure there are many of us who would be happy to answer questions. Cheers bro!
Old 08-29-2008, 11:42 PM

Hope you can get one soon
Old 08-30-2008, 01:05 AM

Shouldn't be a problem with a clean driving record and a good job
Old 08-30-2008, 09:51 PM

Well I went to the local Dodge dealership and was a little shocked. They had the 29k Challenger, was really nice. We sat down and with 5k down, financing for 60 months was 680/month. I asked about the 21k SE, and the salesman said they aren't around until November? Anyone have any info on this? I've been looking all over and had thought they where out already.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:53 AM

ORIGINAL: Ryan

Well I went to the local Dodge dealership and was a little shocked. They had the 29k Challenger, was really nice. We sat down and with 5k down, financing for 60 months was 680/month. I asked about the 21k SE, and the salesman said they aren't around until November? Anyone have any info on this? I've been looking all over and had thought they where out already.
Check the Dodge website, click on Dealers in my area. Then search their new car inventories. I check them in my area everyday. So far found 4 SE's with G Pkg on them $24,115 + . No RT's yet around here.

Good Luck

PS. Guess you will be watching all the Jets games now.

Quick Reply: Hey