Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hey From Gettysburg

Old 09-18-2006, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey From Gettysburg

Hey everyone, I've always been a Mopar Nut(especially Movie Mopars) and a Civil War Nut. I've never owned a Mopar but have always dreamed of owning a 1971 'cuda or a '69 Charger or '70 Challenger. I am praying everynight that they bring back the 'cuda but the 2008 Challenger would be almost as nice. I've seen her in person and in case anyone is wondering, u know how sometimes a car looks good in a picture but then not as nice in person, well she looks even cooler up close. If they don't bring back the 'cuda then the Challenger will be my next car even if it takes years for me to save up for one. I hope I can pull it off in 2008 but most likely will have to wait for 2009 but the way I look at it I've been waiting since 1971 for this opportunity so I can wait a little longer and I wish she would be cheap but whatever they charge I will pay as soon as I can afford it. That might sound a little extreme but this is a dream come true for me. This seems like a really cool group and I'm glad to be a part of it. Talk to u later, Ed
Old 09-18-2006, 11:46 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Hey From Gettysburg

Welcome aboard.......and we have plenty of pictures in Sights & Sounds if you want to look at some pictures.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:48 PM
Super Moderator

Glad to have you here! Welcome to the site! Most of the time I think cars look better in person and this car looks good no matter what.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-18-2006, 11:54 PM
Super Moderator

I could only gauck at it the first time I saw in. I probably had my jaw on the floor somewheres.

Definitely much better in person. I think that orange paint they used had some special brilliance add to it. More than just a clear coat
as it sparkled too much for that.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:56 PM
Super Moderator

I've yet to see it in person but I can't wait. I bet it'll be just like the time I first saw a Charger Daytona in person. My jaw was also on the floor.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-19-2006, 12:27 AM

Thanks guys and It's so funny that u said that because it's the only thing that I can compare it to is when I saw a Charger Daytona for the first time(or maybe a '71 'cuda lol).
Old 09-19-2006, 12:33 AM
Super Moderator

I know what you mean. They looked unique to say the least. I loved the cars from that era. I wish my dad would have had something more interesting than a 318 powered Coronet to tell me about. Oh well, at least I can live out my own dream.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-19-2006, 12:38 AM

lol, Once again we are on the same page, Good Luck and I hope u get your Challenger and that's when the pics section of this cool group will get even cooler, when we can show Member's Rides and they are 2008 and 2009 Challengers and hopefully 'cudas.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator

I look forwards to that day. I hope that we get lucky and the Cuda follows, but I'm not going to hold my breathe in the meantime. Thank you and I wish you luck as well.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-19-2006, 01:36 AM

Thanks man and I'm not going to hold my breath either or get my hopes up but the sad thing is that it would only make sense lol, they are going to sell all kinds of versions of the Mustang and u know that when they release the new Camaro that it will just be a matter of time till they release a new Firebird and they are allready talking about making a retro looking G.T.O. so for Mopar to compete and get people ito the Chrysler dealerships they need to build the 'cuda. But when was the last time other then the new Challenger did a car company do something that made sense? Maybe we will get lucky and the 2008 'cuda is already designed and being kept a secret and they will unveil her at the Jan. 2007 Detroit Auto Show and the long wait was just some part of a sick and twisted marketing strategy to build up excitement and buzz and feedback(that is my dream anyway).

Quick Reply: Hey From Gettysburg