Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

I was so excited, I forgot to take off my shorts!

Old 10-18-2008, 06:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I was so excited, I forgot to take off my shorts!

Seriously!

No not what you think. I love the new Dodge Challenger, hell I love the old Dodge Challenger. It's just me, perhaps, but I think the Challenger is the best looking American Car ever made. Since I only buy American cars, that translates to the best looking car, period!

Since I first saw the concept car, I have been wanting one. I always wanted a vintage car, but I am mechanically challenged (pardon the pun). Hey, I was raised by a single mom and became a cop when I was 20, the only thing I've ever fixed is a ticket!

Anyway, I remember going to the Dodge website every few weeks and watching the Challenger clock count down the months, weeks and then days till the Challenger was released.

I remember also one night when they got the first SRT8 here in Lake Charles LA. I loved it but for the price difference I thought I would go with the RT. Last Wednesday I checked the local website and found that they had two in Lake Charles. I quickly got dressed and went down there. The one I saw had lots of options and was over 36k. I had priced one at 30k earlier and I was talking to the saleman about either ordering one like I speced out or getting the one for 36k. As he was going run the numbers on both, I heard a salesman say, "we just got a silver RT for 30k". It was exactly like the one the salesman and I had speced out a few weeks ago. Obviously I took this as fate and told the salesman, "That one is mine!"

It will make a great garage companion for my silver 06 Z06. The RT is silver also.

Oh, to explain how this started, I was drinking cofee and waiting for the crew to finish my deal, and I had to go to the men's room. When I got in there I was having some unexplainable difficulties. Finally I relized that in my excitement to get dressed and get down to see the new Challengers, I had forgotten to take off my shorts before I put my bluejeans on!

That's my stroy, sorry it was so long. I am happy to be here!
Old 10-18-2008, 07:03 AM

Default RE: I was so excited, I forgot to take off my shorts!

Congrats! Let the fun begin!

Old 10-18-2008, 07:08 AM

Congrats !! and welcome to the forum lowrider...

Great to here things panned out and didn"t create too much of a Challenge (pun intended) [8D] How"s the Grin...
Old 10-18-2008, 10:56 AM

ORIGINAL: RRUNNER

Congrats! Let the fun begin!

Sounds like he gets to have more fun than the rest of us...."GO GADGET FLASH A BADGE"
Old 10-25-2008, 05:59 PM

Welcome lowriderfxr, I'm new here myself. I live in Alexandria, good to know some Challengers are starting to show up. I've got the first R/T sold in Cenla, if not the first Challenger. Enjoy the experience!
Old 10-31-2008, 05:40 AM

I loved your story! I just bought a Challenger three days ago. Unfortunately with my budget I had to get the SE. After driving a truck for so many years a V6 is all I need, because anything bigger and I would probably hurt myself! I LOVE this car! Wow! The attention you get is unbelieveable! Since you are a cop I thought I would tell my experience. The first night I had my car I was pulled over twice within a 30 mile radius. I wasn't doing anything wrong when they stopped me, but they just wanted to look at the car! Did I mention I love this car? Congrats on getting your car! I am sure you will love it as much as I love mine!
Old 10-31-2008, 05:42 AM

Congrats and Welcome to the forum Mag!! Glad to hear you're enjoying the car!!