Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New dude

Old 11-15-2006, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New dude

No, No way. I drove an old plymouth duster with a slant six back in the late seventies. My Challenger R/T is an original N-96 Shaker 4-speed car. It has been fully restored, it had the original engine, transmission, dana 60, hurst pistol grip 4-speed, ect.. Its a numbers matching car that had some durability enhancements done to the engine, tranny, suspension. The car looks stock but drives much faster and corners much better. All of the modifications were bolt on parts with the exception of the frame hung rear sway bar just like the 70 T/A trans Am challengers/cudas were built with. I kept all the original parts to the car and had them restored as well, hope this clears up the slant six confusion. Oh and the slant six still ran but the duster rusted away to nothing and I had to scrap the car, its been re-incarnated to a Daimler Chrysler subsidiary however, its called Mitsubishi Motors!
Old 12-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator

Nice work on the Challenger. Okay another question. Are you saying you transplated the slant six into a Mitsubishi or are you saying you sold your car for scrap metal to Mitsubishi?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-03-2006, 06:48 PM

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

Nice work on the Challenger. Okay another question. Are you saying you transplated the slant six into a Mitsubishi or are you saying you sold your car for scrap metal to Mitsubishi?
No SARCASIM it was a joke, No, Bitsofsushi,er I mean Mitsubishi used to be owned by DaimlerChrysler. Dont get me wrong I thought the Mitsu or the Dodge 3000GT TwinTurbo AWD 300H.P. was a pretty nice car for the time 1990s technology, too bad it weighed almost as much as a 1968 Chrysler New Yorker. It weighed a mind boggling 3850Lbs!!The New Yorker about 4100! All that AWD hardware and the myriad of options and electronic gadgets. BTW, How old are you?